It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt or Mitt who would you vote for if it came down to those two for the nomination?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

How could I be against free speech or my conservative values when you silence me from even thinking about not voting Ron Paul. You accuse me of all these things because I am not voting for your man. Your attempt is silly at best. I am not suppressing your right of free speech you can talk about Ron Paul all you want, but just move it elsewhere! There are plenty of Ron Paul posts. Let me have this thread for those not supporting Ron Paul. Who's suppressing free speech now?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

How could I be against free speech or my conservative values when you silence me from even thinking about not voting Ron Paul. You accuse me of all these things because I am not voting for your man. Your attempt is silly at best. I am not suppressing your right of free speech you can talk about Ron Paul all you want, but just move it elsewhere! There are plenty of Ron Paul posts. Let me have this thread for those not supporting Ron Paul. Who's suppressing free speech now?
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I am trying to silence your free speech, seriously?! I have in no way tried to silence any of your posts, also unlike you, I have not threatened to report your posts to the mods so they will be removed. In fact, I have read your posts, quoted many of them and responded to them. That is far from trying to silence you, but I guess the meaning of words is not your strong suit it would appear. As far as calling you names, I will admit yes I have called you a hypocrite and in the last post a quasi- fascist, but in fairness, you have your own posts to blame. If you claim to believe in conservative ideals and vote for candidates whose voting records stand in opposition to those ideals, then yes you are hypocrite and if you threaten to report peoples posts so the mods remove them from the thread, then yes you are trying to silence your opposition and are acting in a quasi- fascistic fashion. Sorry the truth hurts.
edit on 27-1-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So you are basically saying that the only good choice is Ron Paul. No question about it. Well, I do not care for Ron Paul's stances on some of the issues that I have already stated numerous times! If I vote for Ron Paul that would make me a hypocrite! And first off, I am not a die hard conservative I am more moderate overall. But I strongly believe in the constitution which all of the candidates do as well!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

So you are basically saying that the only good choice is Ron Paul. No question about it. Well, I do not care for Ron Paul's stances on some of the issues that I have already stated numerous times! If I vote for Ron Paul that would make me a hypocrite! And first off, I am not a die hard conservative I am more moderate overall. But I strongly believe in the constitution which all of the candidates do as well!

Actually no where did I say that. In fact no where in any of my posts have I even supported ron paul or claimed to be a supporter of ron paul, those are both assumptions you have made in an attempt to simply classify me as a member of an opposing team; ie the ron paul team, and thus try to discount my posts, since you have made it clear since the OP you have no interest in even listening to "Ron Paul supporters".

And I am not in your thread to support Ron Paul or convert you to a ron paul supporter or even try to get you to vote for Ron Paul.

Actually, the only thing I was trying to do is get you to stop being hypocritical, and to vote for a candidate because you believe what they stand for not just because they are the only two choices someone else gives you. After all if you don't stand for something; like your beliefs, you fall for everything.

Anyway, I don't really care any more, you can be hypocritical if you want. But, in another four years when our jobs are still overseas due to the sucking sound of NAFTA and GTA, and the economy keeps slowly spiraling downward, and hyper inflation makes a gallon of gas or a loaf of bread cost as much as last months rent, well maybe then you will stop voting the lesser of two evils and start voting your conscious. Unfortunately I have a suspicion instead you will just continue to blame the (D)s and excusing (R)s.

And as far as the constitution, no the republicans do not believe in it, they don't defend it, they constantly infringe it and in fact if any candidate actually does stand up as a constitutionalists, they turn around and call him nutty or out of touch with the "Modern" republican party, which by their voting records is conservative in name only.

edit on 27-1-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You clearly believe Ron Paul because only Ron Paul supporters or democrats would say that about republicans.

Anyway, I am done arguing with you because you clearly won't listen to my OP or read any of the posts I made and then making up your own facts about me not listening to Ron Paul supporters. In fact, listening is what made me stop supporting Ron Paul!

You say If I vote newt or romney I am hypocritical, I say if I vote for Ron Paul I am hypocritical. I'd rather go with what I really feel inside instead of some poster on ATS thinking they know what I feel inside and telling me how I should vote "Being Hypocritical"
Lolz goodbye!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Newt is not going to get any votes from independents or young people, I think he is a very good speaker but he has to much corruption in his background he appeals to a certain crowd, but to be ELECTED You need more than just votes from one segment, of one party

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

well then in that case Romney's got your scenario. I'm 22 and I will vote for Newt or Romney I'd rather vote for newt.

Ron Paul only attracts a small portion too. Mainly college kids and nonmainstream voters

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Actually another group would say that about republicans; someone who really believes in conservatism and the constitution and doesn't sacrifice their beliefs to win. You love the R team, I love the constitution, the nation and the people, and if any politicians (R) or (D) are against those things, then their not with me.

I am done arguing with you as well, it's so easy it's not even good sport. Good day sir...

edit on 27-1-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

So you're supporting Newt/Mitt...yet you claim Ron Paul is "just like the rest of them" ....lol, you got caught...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I Love that picture, it sums up what I was going to say. It leaves out though that even if nobody voted, the electoral college will still choose the president that TPTB want, just like they do every election. We don't seem to have a voice anymore unless you play into their game... With lots and lots of money. And even then, they have the power to eliminate you from the picture.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

So you're supporting Newt/Mitt...yet you claim Ron Paul is "just like the rest of them" ....lol, you got caught...

Because they are all politicians!!!

OMG Some of you people are truly lost!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hello Newt and Mitt are both flip flopping puppets just like Barry aka Obama i will be Voting for RON PAUL the only one for WE THE PEOPLE Paul is the Truth i think you need to WAKE UP puppets are not for the people I know you said no Paul supporters but as i see it he is the only real Candidate STOP Listening to the propaganda on tv saying its between mitt and newt "Beware! You Are Like Sheep Being Led To The Slaughter!" WAKE UP AMERICA

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMERICANPATRIOT420
Hello Newt and Mitt are both flip flopping puppets just like Barry aka Obama i will be Voting for RON PAUL the only one for WE THE PEOPLE Paul is the Truth i think you need to WAKE UP puppets are not for the people I know you said no Paul supporters but as i see it he is the only real Candidate STOP Listening to the propaganda on tv saying its between mitt and newt "Beware! You Are Like Sheep Being Led To The Slaughter!" WAKE UP AMERICA

No I think I will compare and contrast each record, and not listen to the propaganda that Ron Paul people are spouting about how Ron Paul is a God, or he is the truth or any of that nonsense. We don't need another, great divider that nobody will listen to in office. We need a nominee that actually has a shot at winning and can get people to work together. Ron Paul will not be that person in office. If you replace Ron Paul with Obama and minus the big government that's what you'll get with Ron Paul more of the same. There is no indication that he can get anything he says passed. This is why he is polling so low in the polls!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by AMERICANPATRIOT420

No I think I will compare and contrast each record, and not listen to the propaganda that Ron Paul people are spouting about how Ron Paul is a God, or he is the truth or any of that nonsense. We don't need another, great divider that nobody will listen to in office. We need a nominee that actually has a shot at winning and can get people to work together. Ron Paul will not be that person in office. If you replace Ron Paul with Obama and minus the big government that's what you'll get with Ron Paul more of the same. There is no indication that he can get anything he says passed. This is why he is polling so low in the polls!!!

You REALLY contrasted the records of Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, & Gingrich and came to the conclusion that Ron Paul is "just like the rest of them" (politicians) but Romney and Gingrich are ok to vote for?

If you even bothered to look at this situation with a clear mind, you'd know that Ron Paul actually pulls independent voters, I don't know which MSM network has been selling to you that Ron Paul is unelectable but Romney and Gingrich can beat Obama (without the ability to get the independent vote).

There is no indication that anybody could get anything passed considering we don't know WHO will be president and what party controls both the congress and senate.

He polls low because the MSM manipulate news and constantly tell people like YOU that Ron Paul is unelectable and you listen. They spin his policies and call him kooky and you listen. Drone on, we're picking up YOUR slack.

So here we are.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Right, ever think he polls low because, I dont know people actually really don't like him??? He's lost every state so far and no indication that he will win any at all. Certainly not Florida.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Right, ever think he polls low because, I dont know people actually really don't like him??? He's lost every state so far and no indication that he will win any at all. Certainly not Florida.

If that was true the MSM and GOP establishment wouldn't have their hearts beating out of their chests and they didn't need to artificially surge Santorum when it was clear that Ron Paul had Iowa in the bag.

Many actually LIKE him and would LIKE to vote for him but we're going in circles with this MSM fueled label of unelectability that is killing his chances.

If he really was unelectable, they wouldn't need to intervene in the elections like they do. There is no way for you to counter this point unless you don't want to have a logical argument.

And since you were silent on my first three points that I countered you on, I will consider myself, right and you, wrong? Or would you like to respond?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I already answered your questions on previous posts in this thread and around this site.

Besides I don't see an artificial surge of Santorum. He gradually gained momentum in Iowa, a very conservative state. Gradually gaining momentum will gain you media attention. Ron Paul has not really done anything to stand out in the crowd besides for reiterating his same talking points time and time again. Especially when the question has nothing to do with those talking points. But this thread is not about bashing Ron Paul, I simply don't want to talk about Ron Paul anymore on this thread is that so hard to ask of you people. I will defend my stance elsewhere and you can talk about Ron Paul elsewhere. Ron Paul does not belong here on this thread!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

you should just give up they will not listen to you. They cannot even follow the OP. I went on another thread and it was pro-robot Ron Paul supporters saying that you don't like from Paul you should open your own bread with Gingrich or Romney on it. The whole point of the thread was saying we can have our own discussion about the other candidates I linked him to your to show him that he obviously was wrong.

I will go through and get the votes and post them later but it is hard wading through all the Paulites posts that have nothing to do with what the OP states. How hard is it for them to understand that you want to know if they have to choose between Newt or Romney which one would they choose and instead you get all this crap about they would vote neither they would vote Obama or they would write in Ron Paul. Then they tried to turn it into a thread where they insult you if you do not vote for Paul it is these knuckleheads that make me dislike Ron Paul more and more each day.

They're going to get exactly what they deserve. It is just like the whole OWS movement it started off good but now it is just annoying. They want to tell you how to vote and if you don't vote their way then you're an idiot or a fascist or any number of things they like to call people. I just want to call them the minority. On the conspiracy sites they are the majority that is for sure that says something in and of itself. Next they will be blaming lizard people on why their Messiah is not polling well.

I like yourself do not agree on many things with Ron Paul but there were quite a few things that I did agree with however I believe he would be an ineffectual leader and we need somebody who will get things done. Paul may have a great voting record but as far as getting bills passed I think the standing count is one that is not a man that can bring people together. That is not something to be proud of. I'm I have a thread asking if people would consider him as a vice president and the overwhelming answer is no. It goes to show that his supporters are not open-minded at all.

I know I am going to get a lot of flame posts from this but it will take some of the heat off of you. If the moderators were not so biased towards Ron Paul then they would have been deleting all the spam and off topic posts that are in this thread. I keep my eyes on this thread for those who actually read the OP and make their posts according because I am actually interested in the question you asked. All the other spam of Ron Paul 2012 and so on and so on are just people trolling that cannot stand a idea that doesn't fit into their utopian world where Ron Paul is president.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

For you and all those wondering, I made a thread about Ron Paul's own personal conspiracy. Please keep an open mind and check it out to learn the horrid truth about the Ron Paul campaign! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

HAHA I loose? I am part of the problem? I am a government shill?

Looks like more Ron Paul propaganda! No it is practical sense because Ron Paul is not going to win. Just you wait and see. So your going to loose in the long run. At least all republicans want smaller government.
edit on 27-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

I get it now. You can't even spell 4 letter words. No wonder this crap works on people like you. All Republicans want power, none of them care about smaller Government. They tell you that and then never follow through.

There is no hope as long as idiots like you are still around. You should have your right to vote taken away from you lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join