It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt or Mitt who would you vote for if it came down to those two for the nomination?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

So, I would like to know which portion of the ATS actually has any practical sense to vote Newt or Mitt in, since they can win and one of them will be the nominee
reply to post by jjf3rd77

So, let me get this straight OP, you think it is "practical sense" to claim to be a republican and believe in the planks of the conservative platform; which is belief in upholding the constitution, limited government and a policy of non interventionism, but you won't be voting for Ron Paul who believes in these ideals and instead will be voting for one of the two RHINOs; who won't slash the budget, cut taxes, or shrink and limit the government, just because they can win!?

Sorry that doesn't sound like practical sense, that sounds like the idiotic doctrine of voting for the lesser of two evils. Which is really sad, because even a child can see that the lesser of two evils is still evil.

You sir and every republican like you are part of the problem. The US is in a sad state and it gets worse every day. The policies; primarily Nafta and the global trade agreement, that have led to this economic mess, have been slowly put into place and expanded by the last four administrations, and half of those were republican the other half democrat, which shows the party doesn't matter, you still get the same mess, but that is the result of cheering for the team and voting the lesser of two evils. Take a bow, sir, you and those like you are personally responsible for the mess the US is in.

Well, I do hope that when you "geniuses" once again vote for the lesser of two evils, instead of voting your beliefs and ideals, that you get another four years of Obama, because it is exactly what you all deserve.

And congrats on selling out your conservative ideals just to win, I wish people like you would just stop voting and stick to sports, at least then the politics and governance of the US wouldn't be so screwed up.

Good day sir, you lose....
edit on 27-1-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: spelling errors and typos

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Again this post is not for Ron Paul supporters. I want to hear from supporters of both Mitt and Newt. NOT RON PAUL.. I hope the mods keep a close eye on this post!

edit on 26-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

If I had to pick between Mitt and Newt I wouldn't vote...Go Ron Paul!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
HAHA I loose? I am part of the problem? I am a government shill?

Looks like more Ron Paul propaganda! No it is practical sense because Ron Paul is not going to win. Just you wait and see. So your going to loose in the long run. At least all republicans want smaller government.
edit on 27-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

HAHA I loose? I am part of the problem? I am a government shill? Looks like more Ron Paul propaganda! No it is practical sense because Ron Paul is not going to win. Just you wait and see. So your going to loose in the long run. At least all republicans want smaller government.

No I said lose not loose. And nice try at trying to put words in my mouth. I never said you were a government shill, just a hypocrite; someone who claims to believe certain ideals but doesn't live up to them.

And as far as republicans shrinking the government, that is joke. That is just what the RHINOs say to get simpletons to vote for them, they sure in the hell don't live up to it, but then it's kind of a bit of justice, since hypocrites like you, keep putting hypocrites like them in power, just so "your team" can win, feck all what happens to the country as a result.

After all the government is larger then ever, despite having four administrations. Bush Sr (R) didn't shrink government and help set up Nafta and the GTA, Clinton(D) didn't shrink government, expanded Nafta and the GTA, Bush Jr. (R), didn't shrink government and expanded NAFTA and the GTA, Obama (D), not shrinking government and expanded at least NAFTA with the mexican trucking addition to the bill. Newt (R) or Rhomney (R), not going to shrink government and will more then likely continue to expand NAFTA and the GTA.

Go ahead, keep voting for the team over your ideals, keep alternating the (R)s (D)s through the political offices with no real change. Continue to enjoy "playing the political game" and failing the national intelligence test every four years.
edit on 27-1-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: spelling and typos

edit on 27-1-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

Why can't I vote for who I want? What gives you the right to tell me which candidate I should believe in? Trust me Ron Paul will just be as bad as Obama and all the rest of them. He's not even serious about running, but I feel like I'm running in circles trying to talk to Ron Paul's Sheeple about practical solutions that can actually be passed!

The ONLY thing I agree with Ron Paul on is his economic genius, but all the other candidates believe in portions of that too. So no, I am not going to go with a candidate that I only agree with some of the time. I agree with Newt and Mitt more. And that is what this thread is about.

I feel insulted by you Ron Paul people telling me that I am wrong and stupid and ignorant for voting for these two conservative republicans! As Barack Obama has proven, you cannot make crazy promises and live up to the expectations. It didn't work for him, it's not going to work for Ron Paul. Funny thing is every time I compare Ron Paul's campaign to Obama's Paul's sheeple run and hide, because they see the correlation too! For some of you who claim to be conspiracy theorists you certainly have the foggy glasses on this one! Good bye and have fun sticking with a loosing team! At least I know MItt or Newt will get the nominee. And voting for either of them will be better than Obama

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I would vote for neither. Ron Paul is the only guy who will get anything done in this country. Without him, we're all screwed! I have always voted, but I'm sorry, it's going to have to be humpty dumpty if RP doesn't get the ticket. I will NOT vote for someone who will destroy our country any worse than it already is. I just won’t do it….

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I never said you couldn't vote for who you want and I am not telling you who to vote for. What I am saying is if you claim to be a republican and believe in the ideals of conservatism and you vote for RHINOs, just because your party puts them up to win, then you are hypocrite; you do not live up to or practice your ideals. And, as far as me losing, well I, believe in smaller government and liberty and freedom for the people, so I lose either way, but I also stand up for my ideals, I am not a hypocrite and won't vote for liars and hypocrites, just so "my team" wins, so on another level I win, because I don't sell my beliefs out.

edit on 27-1-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ron Paul is obvious choice if you value your freedom.

If i had to choose though, it would be Romney because it would be funny if the US President was a Mormon.

Or Newt Gingrich because the President would be a reptile (Newt)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

i know that this thread is not for Ron Paul supporters, but i just think that is kind of a weird thing to do.

why keep the mitt and newt supporters from hearing about Ron Paul?

i know, i know, i'm not trying to derail the thread. but hey, mitt and newt - you'll get the same thing, i'm voting Ron ( obviously ) and you should look into WHY!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Does it matter?

Newt = Great Actor (I have been impressed with his acting skill)
But his past explains it all.

Romney = Not a great actor
But his past explains it all.

Either way, Obama would get another term in the white house.

I am a Ron Paul supporter, but feel the media (and tptb) is doing one hell of a job of giving him no chance what so ever to win.

Well the question will be, what will happen when anyone but Ron Paul wins?

Just how long will those that do have a future stand to see the freedoms their parents once knew taken from them?

Be ready for a wild ride folks, because TPTB are giving those with a long future no other choice but to make a stand that will be noticed. (not ignored or walked on like OWS)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

i know that this thread is not for Ron Paul supporters, but i just think that is kind of a weird thing to do.

why keep the mitt and newt supporters from hearing about Ron Paul?

i know, i know, i'm not trying to derail the thread. but hey, mitt and newt - you'll get the same thing, i'm voting Ron ( obviously ) and you should look into WHY!

Don't assume I don't know anything about Ron Paul, look back at my previous posts. You'll see why I wrote him off and to the few Newt and Romney supporters on this site they can easily find a bunch of Pro-Ron Paul propaganda on this site. But little or no Romney or Newt positive posts. I am trying to have a civil discussion about Mitt VS Newt. Since the nomination will come down to that. I don't care who you write in. I want to know which of the lesser evils would you vote for given the scenario in my OP. But some of you are just too brainwashed to understand what I am asking

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

Remember one thing, Obama can bash Newt all he wants for things that happened 25 years ago, BUT Obama will have to contend with the crap he has been spewing the last 3 years...most people will remember the last 3 years as some of the worst years ever for our country over 25 years ago... (short attention span),...

Newt will eat Obama alive in a debate...to believe otherwise is daydreaming...

MHO...

Sniper

I said it earlier, and I'll say it again, I'm afraid people drastically underestimate the support Obama brings. I see it every day. Everyone in my office worships Obama, and I truly mean WORSHIP! They have replaced their family photos with the Obama family photos, and they sent out Christmas cards with the Obama family on the front.

I get callers that are mad at our State Government, but fully support Obama's government, and give Obama credit for everything from getting their street paved, to their mail arriving on time!! Seriously, those are two real examples of things I have heard on the phone.

Obama is also BRILLIANT behind a podium and in front of a teleprompter and audience. In a closed room, Newt would stomp him, but up on stage in front of the cameras, look out! That is Obama's natural habitat, and he is dangerous there!

Plus, as the sitting president, he'll have a few tricks up his sleeves to tweek some statistics and take credit for a sudden surge in economy. He has been riding Seal Team 6, and they keep coming through for him, and there is surely more of that to come. He has the power to manipulate the press releases and the timing of key things that will help him surge at just the right time. He will claim 3 years have all been rebuilding from Bush, and he will paint a beautiful picture of the next 4 years. The guy is brilliant as a speaker.

I don't really want to see him re-elected, but if the GOP underestimates him, then he will be re-elected. I have heard all the debaters repeatedly say anyone on that stage can beat Obama, and that is a dangerous ego to carry. They are wrong, even the best on that stage will have their hands full trying to campaign against Obama.

Check out this thread. There are plenty of people there saying they will vote for Obama. They like RP, but they'll vote Obama, because he is the safer vote compared to any of the Republicans. There are many, many more people like the ones in that thread, and then there are the pure Obamanites that literally worship him, and then there is his $1B campaign war chest that he is expected to raise.

Scary thoughts, the GOP better take it seriously, and they better bring out the big guns.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Don't assume I don't know anything about Ron Paul, look back at my previous posts. You'll see why I wrote him off and to the few Newt and Romney supporters on this site they can easily find a bunch of Pro-Ron Paul propaganda on this site. But little or no Romney or Newt positive posts. I am trying to have a civil discussion about Mitt VS Newt. Since the nomination will come down to that. I don't care who you write in. I want to know which of the lesser evils would you vote for given the scenario in my OP. But some of you are just too brainwashed to understand what I am asking

Well OP, this post exactly illustrates what I have been saying in my last posts. There is a great deal of support for Ron Paul and not the other two on this site, not because people here are brainwashed, but because they are not brainwashed into voting the lesser of two evils, like you.

And the fact is both Newts and Rommneys record clearly shows that they are RHINOs, that they are not really conservative, because being just a little right of Marx, doesn't make you a conservative. Nor does saying your a conservative a thousand times make you conservative, in fact if they vote against conservative ideals it makes them liars and hypocrites. Keep voting for non conservative liars, just so the republicans win, and you prove that your the only one brainwashed. GO REPUBLICANS! GO TEAM! RAH RAH! Same brainwashed mentality you see in sports fans, who see every foul the other team commits, but ignores when their team fouls and instead they say "hey that is just how the game is played"
edit on 27-1-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

yea so why even try...????

everything is hopeless whaa whaa

I understand skepticism but come on...you never know when the tides will change...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would vote for Newt Gingrich because American's are like frogs - and frogs that are placed in a pot of cool water will stay in that pot even as it heats up to boiling, and then they become dinner for someone smarter. Figure that one out.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It is not a matter of who WOULD I vote for. I will be placing my ballot with Ron Paul. Write-In if need be.

You see I don't care whether anyone else thinks he is eligible, electable or employable. That will not sway my actions in the booth.

It's a pretty weak knee to vote for someone else if you think your choice will not be elected.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

In all good conscience, i wouldn't and couldn't vote, both are ruthless criminals, No difference between them and Obama. there is no real choice with those two, unless you are looking for the death blow to America, and in that case you might as well just keep Obama, any one of those three will finish off destroying this country.

We have no chance if Mitt,Newt or Obama win, Game Over.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If you guys dont have the sense to actually read the OP, then please don't wast your breathe on my trying to convert me to a Ron Paul fan. It's just not going to happen! Ron Paul will never be President. So I'd rather play the game.

I guess I'm just an ignorant government shill then. Please respect my wishes and leave Ron Paul out of this. IDK how many times I have to say this for you people to understand or read exactly what my post says, please stop spamming or I will start reporting any post with the mention of Ron Paul!!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

If you guys dont have the sense to actually read the OP, then please don't wast your breathe on my trying to convert me to a Ron Paul fan. It's just not going to happen! Ron Paul will never be President. So I'd rather play the game. I guess I'm just an ignorant government shill then. Please respect my wishes and leave Ron Paul out of this. IDK how many times I have to say this for you people to understand or read exactly what my post says, please stop spamming or I will start reporting any post with the mention of Ron Paul!!!!

Oh I read the op and yes I did understand it....the problem for you, is that ATS is a site that actually supports free speech, not fascism; attempting to silence your opposition. Funny once again your a conservative, but you are against free speech, a conservative ideal and you are for silencing your opposition, a fascist ideal. Amazing lol. As far as trying to convert you, I am not, just here like the thorn in your side pointing out your hypocrisy. And you can report the ron paul posts all you want, nothing is going to happen, because you are the OP of this thread, but your not the GOD or King of ATS. Plus the fact is you asked who will people vote for out of the two preselected candidates you chose, people choosing neither and expressing it, is a valid and on topic post in this thread, despite what you say.

edit on 27-1-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Mitt's got even a shorter fuse than Bush -- and even more pride.
Newt thinks he is the smartest person in the room -- and he doesn't know what he doesn't know.

Other than not having the baggage of a successful criminal family, I do believe either of these two would be able to push graft and corruption to new heights and dwarf the legacy of Bush (as far as successful criminals go).

I'm not a fan of Obama -- because he's wimping out and doing everything Wall Street wants but change color -- but if either of these two "won" the election, I'd go for selling my house and seeing if Canada would take me.

McCain turned out to be a phony war hero (drunken pilot who burned up his own ship, became a spokesman for NK after 3 hours), and an absolute sell out to lobbyists (maybe I'm being naive -- but he had an affair with his lobbyist). But even he and Sarah Palin look better than this new crop. How do the Republicans keep finding WORSE people?

You can't tell that every last one of them is a phony about religion? You can't tell that none of them have a clear economic policy (Ron Paul included)? Whatever is wrong with these people -- I have to worry even more about fellow Americans that are happy or proud about them. And RP is such an absolutist but you cannot talk to his fans, because he switches on a light bulb and there is a hushed "ooh" in the audience like that was the first light bulb EVER.

If you LIKE any of the Republican candidates -- my condolences.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join