It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt or Mitt who would you vote for if it came down to those two for the nomination?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So, in excluding Ron Paul from the vote, you are following in the footsteps of Pollsters, the Media, and Debate commentators. Your thread read, 'no Paul supporters'. Vote in more corruption. It is the American way. God speed.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
if you give me just two choices i would vote for newt . i think he can debate obama well and stands a chance but, mitt will get owned.

Yes, that is it in a nut shell.

For right now, it's Newt or bust.

The elitists in Washington DC are trying every trick in the book to make Newt go away.

It's not working. The latest WSJ polls have

Gingrich Leading As Fight Intensifies !

The elitists are digging up some - Golden Oldies - on Newt. It's not working.

It's an act of desperation and everybody knows it.

When i heard about the Bob Dole slam on Newt i laughed out loud! Bob Dole?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I recently re registered as an independent, so I don't think I can vote in our primary....I'll have to double check.

I still am undecieded on Newt or Mitt.

I like Newt's debate style and agree with alot of what he is saying, but his voting record shows him as a big government progressive. I also don't think he can beat Obama. He has so much bagage. The ethics probes, the ex wives, and he is probably as much if not more of an ego maniac then Obama.

Mitt on the other hand, has excellent business sense, and i htink if anyone can turn the economy around it might be him. But he seems to slick...and in the general election will be painted as a "1%" type, which I don't care about that, but apparently some do ( I don't have a problem with successful people who have made piles of money .. good for them I say ).

Honestly, I am somewhat thinking more and more that maybe I should go for Rick or Ron.....

I have kind of accepted we are giong to get 4 more years of the Marxist American hater.....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wow... Throw all of the negative things we have heard out the window? Disregard the bad aspects about our potential future president? No thanks. I'll stick to sound logic and reasoning.

Unfortunately, Obama is going to win. I honestly think if Ron Paul was miraculously allowed the Republican Nomination and went head to head against Obama, he would actually stand a chance. But he isn't going to, sadly. I'm still going to vote for him. I'm going to write him in. But regardless, Obama is going to win. So get ready for four more years of crap just like with Bush.

We haven't had a 1 term POTUS since Bush, Sr. And before him, Reagon was a 2 term.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
I recently re registered as an independent, so I don't think I can vote in our primary....I'll have to double check.

I still am undecieded on Newt or Mitt.

I like Newt's debate style and agree with alot of what he is saying, but his voting record shows him as a big government progressive. I also don't think he can beat Obama. He has so much bagage. The ethics probes, the ex wives, and he is probably as much if not more of an ego maniac then Obama.

Mitt on the other hand, has excellent business sense, and i htink if anyone can turn the economy around it might be him. But he seems to slick...and in the general election will be painted as a "1%" type, which I don't care about that, but apparently some do ( I don't have a problem with successful people who have made piles of money .. good for them I say ).

Honestly, I am somewhat thinking more and more that maybe I should go for Rick or Ron.....

I have kind of accepted we are giong to get 4 more years of the Marxist American hater.....

Lets be honest. David Axelrod is - drooling - over the possibility of Gordon Gekko / Mitt Romney

running against Obama. The ads are probably already in the can and ready to be run.
----------
It's Newt or bust.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I consider myself to be conservative but the problem is in order run for president you have to be a millionaire or be able to raise tons of money which then leave us the average citizen out in the cold. A guy like Mitt Romney is he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and doesn't have any clue as to what we go thru on a daily basis. Politics in general has become a platform for special interest and lobbyists and we are the forgotten ones.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

hahaha, obamanoids and fake establishment liberals would love if it came down to
those two bozos. the fake establishment doesn't like ron paul like satan holy water.
but, anywho, the resistance is futile. obamatron will win.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'd vote for neither. However, if I were so inclined to vote GOP because of some unfortunate brain trauma, I'd pick Newt.

ETA: And that is despite the fact that one of his best mates is The Devil himself because Romney is in effect Greg Stillson from The Dead Zone.
edit on 1/27/2012 by The1Prettiest1One because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lme7898354
I consider myself to be conservative but the problem is in order run for president you have to be a millionaire or be able to raise tons of money which then leave us the average citizen out in the cold. A guy like Mitt Romney is he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and doesn't have any clue as to what we go thru on a daily basis. Politics in general has become a platform for special interest and lobbyists and we are the forgotten ones.

Mitt Romney / Gordon Gekko is the liberal poster boy for the richest 1%.

He is their dream class warfare candidate. Bad choice.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
is this one of those questions like what would you rather do eat poop or drink puke?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I say this in all seriousness as a life long Republican. If it comes down to those 2, I'll vote for Obama. Why burn this country down slow when you can burn it down fast?

Burn it down or elect Ron Paul. Those are the only choices, like it or not.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
I say this in all seriousness as a life long Republican. If it comes down to those 2, I'll vote for Obama. Why burn this country down slow when you can burn it down fast?

Another PERFECT sentiment that the GOP needs to hear and fully understand!

I agree completely. If we are left choosing the lesser of two evils, lets just go with the one that helps us get it over with. Obama or Cthulu.

Lets get on with the business of fixing the country, or burning it down and starting over, no more stalling.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I would like this question answered from all the Paulites.

What makes you think Ron Paul can do all the things he said? What makes you think he ISN"T a corrupt politician? What makes you think he is sooo much better than Romney or Newt? Ok that's like three questions.

Newt and Romney will get the nomination. This is already final! Just look at how paul is doing in the polls, not opinions, factual polls. Third place iowa, third place SC, fourth place florida. The man is a loser and all of you sticking with him this time around will be very disappointed when he doesn't win this time. Why stick with a loosing team? Are Herman Cain's followers still writing him in? well maybe about 50 people. Ron Paul is too extreme, as in not normal GOP.

Again, this thread is about newt or mitt because that's what it will come down to. I'm calling it now!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I would like this question answered from all the Paulites.

What makes you think Ron Paul can do all the things he said?

There are no guarantees, but I think he will at least attempt to do the things he has said, whereas Newt is just saying what is popular, and Obama completely failed to do anything he campaigned on.

What makes you think he ISN"T a corrupt politician?

30 years of track record says otherwise, and even his fellow GOP debaters are not calling him corrupt. They are calling each other out on everything, but noone is attacking Paul's integrity.

What makes you think he is sooo much better than Romney or Newt? Ok that's like three questions.

Define "better." I like him better, because he walks the talk. I believe him. I believe he has the integrity and tenacity to give it every possible effort to accomplish his goals, and I believe he is not just "campaigning," but he actually believes what he says. He is also the only one on stage that isn't begging to go to war.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
At this point in the game, Dr Paul is the only choice. A vote for any other would just further the Globalist agenda to destroy this country. Newt and Mitt are paid chills and are part of the paradigm to fool Americans one more time, with there fake, newly acquired (from Dr Paul) sense of real Conservatism. Once elected, they will backtrack on every promise and talking point that was uttered during the primaries. (just like Obama did)(just like insiders always do)

We have an excellent opportunity to throw a monkey wrench into the TPTB plans and expose the whole rotten business. Time is still on our side. TPTB are running out and they know it.

Dr Paul is the true outsider. Just look at the way that the MSM has treated him all along. First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. This is the litmus test for whom I support. In todays world, it should be yours also.

You sheeple that would fall for the craziness of voting for the better of two evils (again) had better wake up.

Gods speed Ron Paul in 2012!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc

I feel ya brother. But, to keep your conscience clear, I would write in Dr Paul and let the chips fall where they may.
Without a head to head contest between Dr Paul and Obama, anyone else on that ticket is a sure vote for Obama.

Gods speed Ron Paul in 2012!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Let's see a choice between Dumney or Girlswitch?

A move to Haiti might be consideration, since I know exactly what I'll get there.

Or write Ron Paul in for sure.

edit on 27-1-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
1. Ron Paul write in

2. Obama (I don't trust Newt or Mitt)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
A vote for Newt OR Mitt may as well be a vote for Obama. A vote for the continuation of corporate, globalist, banker takeover.

This thread is about how we would handle the situation if it comes down to Newt or Mitt.. why not write in Ron Paul?

Yes, that's my answer. As much as it will probably annoy you, OP, you can't argue it's legitimacy within the confines of this discussion.

Q: Newt or Mitt? A: Writing in Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I would write in "Donald Duck" and draw a penis on the ballet.

As south park put it, what's the point in voting if you can only choose between a douche and a turd sandwich?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join