It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Martial Law is Declared and Gov. Contractors Show up In place of Military?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by insaan

The Jews were convenient scapegoats for Germany's troubles and, like in North Korea where people are being put into labor camps for "not mourning hard enough", Stalin killed people because of some crazy slight or another.

The concept that if you just sit there and take it is bloody insane. Because if there's nobody to stand up, then the tyrants in charge will just make crap up and take things out of proportion and context to justify their own paranoia and psychosis (like in Stalin-era USSR and North Korea today).
edit on 26-1-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

I think you are very ignorant of history, not attacking you personally, but just pointing out a fact.

For you to say that Jews were targeted by the German regime for absolutely no reason is absurd, it is like saying Russians were targeted by the German regime for absolutely no reason. The reason was there, Jews were stand up people, they refused to give their wealth to the German government, unlike Americans right now who are freely allowing the US regime to take their wealth, no resistance at all (no disrespect to the OWS movement).

Jews even called for an economic warfare against Germany which made the situation even worse, I'm not blaming Jews, I'm supporting them for standing up to oppression and aggression.

The same happened in USSR, I think you haven't even opened a history book, that's why you're reluctant to speak of specific instances of killings in USSR, so that we can discuss what was the reasoning behind those killings. At least this will push you to open some books, or some Wikipedia Articles.

That being said, N-Korea is a good example which once against backs up my claim. People are oppressed in N-Korea just like in USA, the people of both countries are not resisting, those who do resist are killed, in one way or another, or imprisoned, or tortured ("stop resisting" is a code for torture in US, US authorities can even torture you in public using the term "stop resisting").. Anyways, the point is, if people don't revolt, there won't be no Martial Law, there will be Martial Law only if people stand up, open their eyes, see through the propaganda, and actually make an attempt to stop the oppressive regime, if they don't, the oppressive regime will continue its oppressive policies, and the slaves will be obedient and submissive.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
You see what we all forget, is that THE PEOPLE run the government, not some elected official. At any time, if we decided as a society, we could abandon our current system, along with its rules, making any attempt of martial law, and act of war against us as a people. There is 330 million people in america, there is no where close to that amount in paid mercs that are going to keep us in control. You can't keep 330 million people in control when you threaten there freedom on a scale of that magnitude. You have to do it gradually over a long period of time, so people aren't even aware it is happening. And then when all the infrastructure, and bodies are set up to contain all these people, then I would be afraid. I don't see that happening soon. The truth is, is that we have more power than anybody else wants us to believe, and we can't forget that, or we will become slaves to whoever figures out that we don't know what we're capable of.

"You see what we all forget, is that THE PEOPLE run the government, not some elected official. "

Thats a nice fantasy you've got there.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The agreements are in place to use Canadian troops if they are requested, as well as agreed to use US forces in Canada.....
What if they pull a cross border switch with US troops in canada, and the canadians in the USA......
This is concievable, but there would be more than just the cannucks needed for the states.....
UN troops or NATO ones could also be called in.....
Contractors would be slaughtered if they were used in either country.....Nobody likes hired killers....and these guys are the dregs...

I am afraid that martial law will be brought in under other circumstances like the OUTbreak scenario mentioned, or other excuses which will be manufactired, maybe even piece meal so that only certain sections get conquered first, and the rest will fall to the troops over time....
The use of chemical, and biological weapons negates the rifles behind every blade of grass by the way.....
Also fuel shortages would immobilise much of the organised resistance, when the military have plenty to hit the hot spots and we cant get there to support the people.....

Robots have been tried in Iraq already, and they will be ready for martial law even if they have a few defects....
these robots will have arms and shoot to kill.....

martial law would destroy much of the country, and starve many
I dont know if they could pull it off as yet, but there are new non lethal weapons that have been designed for this scenario....
what if microwaves make you drop your weapon and run away

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Intersting point about the non lethal weapons. Those microwave heat things are pretty wicked but there is always a way to combat even against a superior force.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I too have read Sun Tzu,
and that is true to some extent, but tell it to the poles in 1939 or the french in 40....
yes there are ways to fight, but when the force you face is overwwhelming in every respect surrender will be the only way to fight them because hopefully we could raise up a generation who could beat them over time....
There are things which allow the user to see through walls.....
There are darpa inventions we have no ideas about as yet...they spend a great deaal of money to make weapons they dont advertise.....
Just sayin....we have no real idea what well be facing yet.....so we will have to extemporise later when they trot it out.....I do agree we will see it happen sooner or later.....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
honestly i would run and hide.

i'm not a trained soldier,
i'm not a trained survalist,

i'm just a guy who wants to help his family and friends get through a difficult time. only if i was forced, would i take up arms against anyone else.

-subfab

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetnlow

The problem is, the militias warned Congress to stop the BS way back in 95 after the Oklahoma city bombing. Congress brought them in to testify about the Oklahoma city bombing and supposed links to McVeigh, that was pure BS from Janet Reno and the MSM. Congress even tried to play the militia's are racist card even though one of the speakers for the militia was black, the dumb idiots.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Congress was warned way back in 1995 to stop their BS and they haven't listened. Now after the Patriot act and Obama, our militias are massive and hidden for the most part. Our militias will crush any foreign or paid army.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Firstly, we gonna make Barney rent-a-cop give back his bullet. Then we'll probably have some fun thinking of things for them to do to entertain us around the camp fire.

That about covers it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

All that fancy stuff wont help them because it will eventually fall into American Militia hands and be used against them.

Also Imagine Iraq at its worst times 1000. The enemy would not last long unless Russia and China wanted to join the party, and they would still lose eventually.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I've been asking myself this question alot lately. If things are bad enough to declare martial law in this country, there would be alot of military personel who either would run home to protect their families, or not carry out orders to harm American civilians. However someone who is being paid 100-200k a year or more might not have any issues with helping to tyranize the American people.

So my question is this, What would you do if martial law was declared and government contractors showed up in place of the Military? Does anyone know of any other theories on the subject? I will formulate a response for what I would do but I'd like to see what you all think first.

Doesn't really matter who shows up, what matters is their objective and or orders. Are they coming to round us up, take our possessions, kill us or what?? I live in the country, so I think I'd have an idea of what was happening , judging by what happened to my neighbors. If they were truly hostile forces, I think they'd have problems...unless they have armor and helicopters or drones.....can't see that happening in rural areas with relatively few people to come after...guess we'll have to wait and see what develops.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

They'll fly over with drones to survey their objectives, and once they are sure you are home they will roll in with choppers, since you're in the country with limited neighbors, they wont have any problems, you'll be a quick sweep up as they are working the countryside...Sowwy

Your house needs to be built over a natural cave network, something you can drop into, while you arm your home hydrogen charges for a lil payback for the inconvenience

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Quick question...The whole thing about there being a gun behind every blade of grass etc. Most citizens are clueless when it comes to guns so in all honesty I think most people wouldn't know how to defend themselves and would just do as told. Probably rat out the few people who would resist. I might be wrong but I don't think so.

Also for those who have the gut to resist and I say that with all my hear because it would take guts, who is in any kind of combat shape? I go to the range every weekend working on my own skill set as well as conditioning my body. Most of the people +-90% I see there are fat...not lightly overweight...fat. I'm sorry but initiating contact with an enemy and then trying to break off would give these guys a heart attack!

So really, are you guys working on that aspect?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I would assess the situaition and question why congress passed martial law.
What the current issue is and how to best help out my country.

Martial law requires congress for it to be passed, also it is specific that is only imposed in matters of rebellion or invasion...aka, war (civil or otherwise).

I would then be forced to take a side..if its say, a bunch of chinese coming, I would enlist to help out if I could, if its civil war, well, bit more tricky....such as if its just some rabble that gathered to try and take down elected officials, I would support the measures to remove these types from trying to overthrow duly elected representatives of course. We vote..if you want to use violence when your vote is not the winning vote, then you are treasonous.

So ya...reality check means martial law is not some willy nilly circumstance passed by a president, it is a major happening that congress passes.

Martial Law Stuff

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Does it matter really? Today's US armed forces are virtually hired guns. Watch the commercials, "free education, career opportunities, get paid". Look at the vcops patrolling our streets right now. Bullies that will shoot, taze or mace you at will or if ordered by superiors who in turn are tied to special interest groups' generous donations. The cops and grunts have been bought and paid for and are hurting/killing/illegally imprisoning americans right now. Why do you think the draft was ended? You think it was due to the benevolence of our rulers? You think martial law is not in effect yet? Remember the violence and supression of the occupy movements? Mercenaries are here already.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

agreed, unfortunately...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Congress gave authority to the President to kill Americans without a trial.
Congress gave authority to the President to imprison Americans forever without a trial.

Congress has already declared Martial Law.

"""Gov Contractors show up in place of military"""""

President Clinton's Quadrennial Defense Review did just that. Replaced Military and Civilians in the military with contractors.

It freed up Billions so the money could be used abroad for global conquest.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
PMC's are fair game... that's all I'm sayin.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Anyone who wants my freedom is fair game at this point......
But i am also a realist who knows that if i hollered charge, there would be no one behind me anyways....
I am resolved to fight back in every possible scenario....but i also know it would be 99 times out 100 just another empty gesture.....
Overwhelming force is the specialty of the powers that be.....

Oddly enough, it was not the murder or dissapearing of anyone that started the egyptian thing....it was an act of self immolation.....For some reason this was more powerful a catalyst than any rebelious act....
It seemed to galvanise the whole population......
For those of us who arent getting any younger, these kinds of acts may be all we have left to fight the takeover with......
Think about becomming a suicide bomber........will we eventually have them here in America to fight the NWO?
I say it may be entirely possible....
We may be facing weapons which we will have little or no chance to beat.....but there will be some who will fight regardless......
IEDs, suicide bombers, poisons, booby traps,random violence when we can get away with it.
This will be more like what the fight will be like....
Those who have the weapons will be the first to go....
That leaves the rest of us to resist in our own styles and ways.....
Think about this militia boys...
The front will be a blood bath for the partisans./militia .Unless half the military defects and we get equal weapons...
It will still be a blood bath then, but we may have a chance to win......

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Anyone who wants my freedom is fair game at this point......
But i am also a realist who knows that if i hollered charge, there would be no one behind me anyways....
I am resolved to fight back in every possible scenario....but i also know it would be 99 times out 100 just another empty gesture.....
Overwhelming force is the specialty of the powers that be.....

Oddly enough, it was not the murder or dissapearing of anyone that started the egyptian thing....it was an act of self immolation.....For some reason this was more powerful a catalyst than any rebelious act....
It seemed to galvanise the whole population......
For those of us who arent getting any younger, these kinds of acts may be all we have left to fight the takeover with......
Think about becomming a suicide bomber........will we eventually have them here in America to fight the NWO?
I say it may be entirely possible....
We may be facing weapons which we will have little or no chance to beat.....but there will be some who will fight regardless......
IEDs, suicide bombers, poisons, booby traps,random violence when we can get away with it.
This will be more like what the fight will be like....
Those who have the weapons will be the first to go....
That leaves the rest of us to resist in our own styles and ways.....
Think about this militia boys...
The front will be a blood bath for the partisans./militia .Unless half the military defects and we get equal weapons...
It will still be a blood bath then, but we may have a chance to win......

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Nothing more than a suggestion here, but I think that the word "contractor" should be replaced with the word "mercenary"

Just because there are many contractors that would have nothing to do with this kind of scenario. All the contractors i know would never turn and kill fellow americans. Most contractors are not stone cold killers, they are computer geeks and supply guys and maintenance and repair guys, just like most military people.

Now, mercenaries......well, that is a possibility I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join