It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Martial Law is Declared and Gov. Contractors Show up In place of Military?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I doubt that, 300 million and counting in america that kinda mob fighting street wars
if the purpose was control thru martial law what would be the purpose be if war broke out and the tptb were to bomb citizens and citties would they risk one for the other

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I also swore that same oath and I hold it as dear to my heart as I do My Riflemans Creed and Marine Corps NCO Creed. Oh and we can,t forget the Marins Hymn. I too will continue to carry out my oath and protect my fellow citizens. Nice to know your out there thanks.
edit on 26/1/12 by usmc0311 because: I am an Idiot.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
...current events are such and have been for a while that the Gov is limiting the amount of ammo one needs to have per household, also, from a personal source, if you make your own ammo, the powder you need is being also limited..

Not sure what you mean by this? I can still go to Wal*Mart and buy as much ammo as I want with cash. At least for now.

Not sure what you mean by "needs to have".

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Exactly guns r not limited neither is ammo
although future restriction might be implemented, can't deny the fact americans r heavily armed
and a private military taking away guns from 300 million americans would be an epic process
wouldn't be easy and the minute it turns deadly war would start and the tptb would be open to attack from foriegn nations supporting american citizens Russia and China would a shot at our government

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
Well, when I enlisted they had me swear an oath.

.....to serve and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

They asked me to swear the oath.

I took the oath for REAL.

If martial law is declared, I will still stand by the oath I swore.

YOU ( you meaning the government) asked, I answered, and I am a man who stands behind his word.

If martial law was declared in your country, I would hope that more soldiers would have the good sense to know WHO those domestic enemies are. The people being subjugated...or the government that is oppressing them?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Yeah.. no.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
who needs government contractors. the government has the police already.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You see what we all forget, is that THE PEOPLE run the government, not some elected official. At any time, if we decided as a society, we could abandon our current system, along with its rules, making any attempt of martial law, and act of war against us as a people. There is 330 million people in america, there is no where close to that amount in paid mercs that are going to keep us in control. You can't keep 330 million people in control when you threaten there freedom on a scale of that magnitude. You have to do it gradually over a long period of time, so people aren't even aware it is happening. And then when all the infrastructure, and bodies are set up to contain all these people, then I would be afraid. I don't see that happening soon. The truth is, is that we have more power than anybody else wants us to believe, and we can't forget that, or we will become slaves to whoever figures out that we don't know what we're capable of.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Start making IEDs.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by musicjunkie

Originally posted by vogon42
Well, when I enlisted they had me swear an oath.

.....to serve and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

They asked me to swear the oath.

I took the oath for REAL.

If martial law is declared, I will still stand by the oath I swore.

YOU ( you meaning the government) asked, I answered, and I am a man who stands behind his word.

If martial law was declared in your country, I would hope that more soldiers would have the good sense to know WHO those domestic enemies are. The people being subjugated...or the government that is oppressing them?

I stand like a rock my friend. I gave my word, and I will stick to my word.

What good is a man, if he can not stand up to his word?

If he can not stand to his word he is NOT a man.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I've been asking myself this question alot lately. If things are bad enough to declare martial law in this country, there would be alot of military personel who either would run home to protect their families, or not carry out orders to harm American civilians. However someone who is being paid 100-200k a year or more might not have any issues with helping to tyranize the American people.

So my question is this, What would you do if martial law was declared and government contractors showed up in place of the Military? Does anyone know of any other theories on the subject? I will formulate a response for what I would do but I'd like to see what you all think first.

I'm pretty sure they would be mercenaries and we would be within our full rights to defend our homeland.

There is a section in the Constitution about this I believe.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Shoot first, ask questions later. I mean it all leads to the same end, right?

edit on 26-1-2012 by DivineFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
well they have spent the past ten years bolstering mercenary and security firms with initiatives for hiring vets and ex-cops/discharged officers and also discharged U.S. service members, this would seem one of the most logical reasons why, when you compare a U.S. soldier and a contracted soldier youll quickly find they way a contracted soldier is taught to think is to obey NOW no matter WHAT or NO PAY. aka DONT BREAK CONTRACT, where a united states service member is taught to obey his commanding officer within his own moral guidelines and that means NOT against innocent civilians, to make the arguement "well U.S. troops still kill innocents", and my counter argument would be, "and those troops responsible were discharged in most cases, and blackwater and companies just like it is where they will always end up".

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
Then contractors get lit up instead of the military.

Sounds like a plan to me

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Cool, I hope they have thermal sights.I am an expert marksman and badges don't stop bullets. all they could use are a few tech gadgets because their numbers would be low without military backing.
There must be military support,even with Homeland security personnel.
No one will save them if they initiate first.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
I'd tell them to go home and bully their own people and keep on going the way I was going.
If you aren't afraid of bullies they lose their power over you.
A dead slave isn't worth anything so if you are not on the gov dole you might be worth something to TPTB.

I sure hope that there is alot more people like us out there if these situations were to arise. It gives me hope that I won't stand alone in opposition. Thanks.

One team, one fight. All you have to do is log on here and you'll get all the support and opposition you need. I'm always looking for a reason to rebel. Catch a fire... as they say in N'awlins let the good times

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I've already begun getting to know my neighbors better because someday we might just need each other. Thanks.

That's probably the most important thing said on this site in a while.

Thank you very much for the reminder. Maybe I WILL put up with his barking dog. Hmm.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by usmc0311

So my question is this, What would you do if martial law was declared and government contractors showed up in place of the Military?

I guess we would deal with it...just like everything else in life.

Presuming these "government contractors" are American, what would make them any less loyal to their fellow Americans than the military?

If they can manage to get their hands on their families (say, while they're deployed overseas), they may have a good chance but otherwise, who knows.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Perhaps this ia a good point to become educated on what has become known as the Moscow Rules, a set of operation al guidelines lived by spies behind the iron curtan during the cold war:

Assume nothing.
Murphy is right.
Never go against your gut; it is your operational antenna.
Don't look back; you are never completely alone.
Everyone is potentially under opposition control.
Go with the flow, blend in.
Vary your pattern and stay within your cover.
Any operation can be aborted. If it feels wrong, it is wrong.
Maintain a natural pace.
Lull them into a sense of complacency.
Build in opportunity, but use it sparingly.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. (borrowed from Muhammad Ali, aka Cassius Clay.)
Don't harass the opposition.
There is no limit to a human being's ability to rationalize the truth.
Pick the time and place for action.
Keep your options open.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. (taken from Ian Fleming's novel Goldfinger)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
hmmm.. a definite reality for sure..

However, it's about survivability, think about it. I'm not going to post here what I think or what I will do because this forum is being monitored.

All the comments of "I'll shot them where they stand.. blah blah blah " .. being patriotic isn't a issue in USA, it's sever lack intelligence in the art of war in the civilian sector ..

IDF & NATO forces don't care who they fight in any country, because it's not their country..

I'm at the point where I don't really care if they know how I feel. They already tell me I have "mental issues" so they've got me either way

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join