It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox 720 Won't Play Used Games; Wii U Better Than X360

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by youwouldknow
ps4 is going to be booooooming if this is true. If xbox knows whats good for them, this wont happen.
I dont care much about this though, I prefer sony over microsoft anyways.
Why pay money for "xbox live" when it doesnt get you much if at all anything?
I get free online play with ps3, the service is great.

They have not even used full potential of PS3 yet lol So im not sure why they wanna release PS4, there are only few games that came to use like 80% of PS3's capability. To this date there is no game that used 100% of PS3's engine. Most games are made multiplatform, thus it already has a limit(i laugh when people compare multiplayform games, it plays better on so and so..), its like using 1080P Bluray on a old school tube TV.

Games that came close > MGS4 > hopefully people expecting FFXIII Versus to use 100% of the engine. Heard like even broken pieces of glasses will have reflection

They should make Online free like PS3 but they should also have membership where those members will get free demo and whtnot. Right now everything is free, including demo's and some movies and well as some full games, lmao.
edit on 1/26/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I think Steam is the easiest way to go. Most folks are playing it via that spot

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's all about getting rid of the disks completely
Driving towards everything downloaded or use of a sky system - the blu ray is just the technological 'bridge'
The Xbox after will have no drive at all
They want you to download
The game prices will probably reflect this $80 for the disk version or $50 for the Xcloud version with extra transmonbobulater content

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
At some point, the vast majority of console gaming is going to go to the Cloud via some form of electronic downloading. I don't believe that the infrastructure required to make that industry standard currently is wide spread enough as there are still large swaths of rural America that do not have true high speed internet, but when that changes, so will the primary distribution method. That change will effectively eliminate all used game trade across the board.

Requiring some form of a pass or registration fee for multiplayer content in used games? *shrug* doesn't affect me in the least, as I don't like multiplayer in the least and have really only ever taken advantage of multiplayer content on Gears of War and a handfull of the board/card games on XBLA. I much prefer playing single player where, if I want to get a beer or take a crap, I can simply pause the game and not have to wait until I'm back in the matchmaking lobby or explain to whoever else is playing that I'll BRB.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by youwouldknow
ps4 is going to be booooooming if this is true. If xbox knows whats good for them, this wont happen.
I dont care much about this though, I prefer sony over microsoft anyways.
Why pay money for "xbox live" when it doesnt get you much if at all anything?
I get free online play with ps3, the service is great.

Well mainly because PS3 is total garbage (even if it is loads better online).

It's not loads better online, it's just free. The amount of connection difficulties i've seen with Friends PS3's is rediculous, can't finish 5 out of 10 games. Their broadband is not the problem.

Sony don't have 24hr maintenance which is what we pay for for XBL. (I think it's worth it to get the best online experiance without so many cut off's, some companies servers are just terrible though allround (EA, Activision)
Sony get hacked, (so it's once so far, there's rumours it's going to happen again possibly worse).

PS3 can't even handle Skyrim well, and the saving times on it ,

On topic: I rarely buy pre owned games or even borrow from friends, I can wait for price reductions and don't mind paying full whack for the best games.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I will have to concur that the PSN is a laggy old mule. Every time my buddy says lets play some playstation there is inevitably a update that is not very big but takes forever to finish and then install. He has 25mbs down speed which is pretty decent and I thought it was just his speed that was the issue. He brings his PS3 to my house and guess what? It was still slow as a crippled old women and I have 250mbs down speed.

What a joke!!!!!! I download full blue rays in 30 minutes but a 1/2 gig update takes 15 minutes.

Xbox is much faster on the downloads and that is to be expected when its a paid for service. You get what you pay for.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I miss the 90's. This is just wrong.
Bad Microsoft. BAD!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sometimes technology "improvements" actually ruin what was originally a great thing

It always seems to happen when what was once the realm of geeks and nerds becomes mainstream and either the profiteering companies or the governments try to take control of it.

I think were going backwards personally and I hope the more they try to grip the more we wriggle free.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Well I hope that Nintendo keeps the systems cheaply made without much memory so they can remain disk dependent

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it past Bastardsoft to try something like this. They have bad computer software that's easy to screw with, a bad video game system with faulty hardware. And now they want to block you from play used games? Online I understand but. You could still play it offline unless they want to fix that to?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Microsofts thinking has raised a lot of eyebrows. If they follow through with 'download only' games, they lose the console war. I could understand if most of the U.S. had highspeed but sadly, we don't. It has become about big money for these greedy execs who are in control now. NOT the love of games. And anyone should have the right to sell a game that they are done with.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by novaaquos

It's just another extension to the lack of corporate regulation. Where the mantra used to be "the customer's always right," it has been replaced with "Screw the customer, they're idiots anyways! Let's find another way to milk that dried up cash-cow! More profits!" The name of the game is pushing the limits to see how much crap we will put up with and when we are brought up to be subservient, the bar gets lower every generation. Eventually they'll make happiness illegal since unhappy people try to fill up the holes in their lives with useless, over-priced crap that they don't need.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join