It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will Obama's second term bring?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
- Will he invade Iran?
- Will he finally support a single payer healthcare system?
- Will pot be decriminalized?

What do we think?

I personally think most of the vitriol from the right will evaporate, as they can't REALLY campaign against him anymore... they have no alternatives, and that will be obvious in November.

With that gone, will Obama finally have a chance to be a genuine liberal (by current world standards he's center-right). Or will he continue to try and "compromise" with anyone and everyone?

Predictions, etc., please

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

More lies, more half truths, and more excuses.

More fudged Unemployment numbers, sadly , more war.

But we probably will see his daughters go on their first dates!!!!

That should keep the populace distracted for years.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Why are you so sure that President Obama is going to have a second term?

Whoever the Republican candidate turns out to be....I think many, many people will vote for that person.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I'd bet any amount of money neither Mitt nor Newt will come within 10pts of Obama.

It's not a pro-Obama thing it's the fact that the GOP candidates are considerably worse.

Care to make any 2nd term predictions?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Sadly anyone that won would fudge data to "win" news' cycles.

Wars...? Maybe... He doesn't seem keen on invading Iran, to his credit IMO.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I will state for the record Obama will not get another term.
He was put in for a reason and that was as a scape goat for the current mess the US dollor is in.
I say there will be a false flag incident which will lead to WWIII before the next election.
Obama is a puppet head for the NWO

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Obama 2nd term? that has to be a joke right?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Aussie_Rock

oooooooookkkkkkk....

Well, as that's a bunch of silly, I'll just chuck that in the, "wonder what meds he's on" pile and move on.

If you're actually sane though, wanna make a bet?

Happily bet you any sum that you're wrong about that whole, "never have a second term" thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by youwouldknow

No... just so you're not surprised let me say that no one serious on the right thinks either Mitt or Newt will beat Obama.

Read that:

www.redstate.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The republican choices are a joke this time. Even though Obama is terrible he will win.

Same thing happened with Bush's second term.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I think a majority will be disenfranchised long before election day. The republicans preach division and this will come back and bite them in the rear end. The more they talk, the less appealing each one is.

I do see Obama changing the aspects of the war on drugs, as it can be argued that the whole thing is racist.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Why are you so sure that President Obama is going to have a second term?

Whoever the Republican candidate turns out to be....I think many, many people will vote for that person.

I love your avatar truly gorgeous but I have to disagree with you and add my 2 cents Emperor Obama will get his second term (they all do) there will be controversy perhaps even alien involvement but he will win who wants to wager this (I know I will win) the only candidate (cough, liar) that makes any sense is Ron Paul (even though I dont trust him) he should win but the government controlled media will not allow that (look how they cut him off when he speaks the truth) they would rather either a guy who would only look after his business partners and associates and screw the common man or another guy that is so deep in the Washington elite (don't forget his freddie mac ties) this election is a joke, but we are not laughing.....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
OP- I can answer your original question with one phrase: "the final nail in the coffin of America."

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Ron Paul won't win (thank god), but not because he's being shut down by the corporate media, but because his ideas are seen by his own party as caca-cuckoo. And as damaging to their income.

As far as the aliens go, I'd also wager that "idea" is as crazy as Ron Paul. (So, very crazy)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Sorry, but a fairly lame-duck center-right President isn't that powerful

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

- Will he invade Iran? No.

- Will he finally support a single payer healthcare system? He supported it before... just couldn't get the GOP to go for it. I'm thinking he'll keep a fairly low profile as regards health care. The debacle from last time still stinks.

- Will pot be decriminalized? Unfortunately, no.

I personally think most of the vitriol from the right will evaporate...

Oh, no. That definitely won't happen.
Can you imagine how pissed they're going to be when he wins again? I'd venture to say it measures right up there with how pissed and shocked I was that George Bush got a second term.

No, another Obama term will not silence the GOP. On the day after inauguration, they'll start campaigning for 2016! :

With that gone, will Obama finally have a chance to be a genuine liberal (by current world standards he's center-right). Or will he continue to try and "compromise" with anyone and everyone?

I HOPE he continues to work toward compromise, but firms up when the GOP starts being the "party of no" for 4 more years. He's going to have to grow some...
I HOPE he keeps moving in a progressive direction and works on the fairness of the tax code.
I think his concentration is going to be on the economy (jobs), education as it relates to a stronger work force and energy independence - in general, continuing his work to help the economy rebound.
edit on 1/26/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

- Will he invade Iran? No.

- Will he finally support a single payer healthcare system? He supported it before... just couldn't get the GOP to go for it. I'm thinking he'll keep a fairly low profile as regards health care. The debacle from last time still stinks.

- Will pot be decriminalized? Unfortunately, no.

I personally think most of the vitriol from the right will evaporate...

Oh, no. That definitely won't happen.
Can you imagine how pissed they're going to be when he wins again? I'd venture to say it measures right up there with how pissed and shocked I was that George Bush got a second term.

No, another Obama term will not silence the GOP. On the day after inauguration, they'll start campaigning for 2016! :

I HOPE he continues to work toward compromise, but firms up when the GOP starts being the "party of no" for 4 more years. He's going to have to grow some...
I HOPE he keeps moving in a progressive direction and works on the fairness of the tax code.
I think his concentration is going to be on the economy (jobs), education as it relates to a stronger work force and energy independence - in general, continuing his work to help the economy rebound.
edit on 1/26/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Sorry, when I meant the vitriol will evaporate I meant that the pols will basically stop caring, though the right-wing media will still try and push it, it'll be less... important to the pols, as they will be too busy trying to find something that WILL get them elected (as simply being NOT Obama has failed).

I would love to see him become the person everyone on the left thought they were voting for

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

NOTHING
There isnt going to be a second term- he's a one shot wonder

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rossa

NOTHING
There isnt going to be a second term- he's a one shot wonder

I suspect this was also the thought on W getting a second term. Unfortunately, the best the Democrats could come up with was John Kerry. All you need to do is switch the roles now. Obama could very well win a second term because the GOP has nobody to run against him. Newt or Mitt huh? I doubt either will be a serious threat, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

The best they had was Howard Dean. The elites pushed the bonesman Kerry.

As for 2012 the GOP doesn't have a snowballs chance in Hell. Bush irreparably damaged the party's image and there are too many racially motivated and class motivated voters out there for them to have a chance of defeating Obama.

If Paul runs as independent or organizes a write-in boycott campaign then Obama is a certainty. Paul would be Perot 2.0

What will the second term bring? More of the same. Do you have a good reason to believe anything other?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join