It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates: "I don't pay enough Tax!"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Please don't fall for this phony posturing by those like Gates and Buffett. One of these media types needs to have the balls to ask Gates and Buffett, "How much did you pay to accountants and tax attorneys to ensure you are taking advantage of each and every conceivable tax break/deduction/loophole, in order to keep your tax liability at the absolute minimum?"

I'd bet the farm it's considerably more than Buffett paid his secretary.

What was the amount of every local tax abatement they received from the cities and counties, in which they have facilities?

The other important question that is never asked of those squawking about the "rich" paying their "fair share" is, "Exactly how much would you say is a "fair share?" 50%? 75%? 90%?

What would be accomplished by taxing the "rich" at a 90% rate?

Not a damn thing, because those evil "top 1%ers" that the Dems are attempting to turn everyone against, aren't the problem or the solution. Stop buying into the class warfare tactics.

The projected 2011 deficit is $1.6 trillion... The total of the AGI for the top 1% of taxpayers is $1.685 trillion...

So, if you stole every penny earned from the top 1%, you will have only paid the deficit and still not have touched the $14.5 trillion debt.

It was announced that our debt has now surpassed our GDP. To pay off the debt would require stealing every penny earned from every man, woman and child. And what would we call that?

edit on 26-1-2012 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

What makes me sick is "Rich Wannabe's" bitching like they are "Victims" of a "Satanic Regime" who's only objective to to rob them and leave them dead in the road. Excuse me, but recent proposals on raising the tax rate on the elite is more than fair when you compare it to other Industrial Nations, or any nation as well. They want the protection of our Armed Forces to guarantee their operations, but want to pass the cost on to the Middle Class and Working Poor. I don't know if you are aware of recent events, but the majority has suffered enough from the greatest theft of wealth in world history. If people who say they love this country won't lift a finger to preserve it at a time like this, then i question their loyalty. It's amazing...the only times you hear national platitudes is when you are sending young men to fight in your wars. What we see now is these men coming home to no jobs and their families in the streets because the Mega-Banks foreclosed on their homes.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dagann

Excuse me, but recent proposals on raising the tax rate on the elite is more than fair when you compare it to other Industrial Nations, or any nation as well.

Maybe some Americans don't want to BE Europe or Asia.

Maybe we want to just go visit them on holiday, then come home afterward, able to say that it is better at home.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Better for whom? The group of Americans who are immune to social upheaval is getting smaller by the day. The lie Reagan is famous for, that greed is good, and all that it implies, has brought disastrous results. It was that mind-set that demanded the elimination of regulations as a means to "improve" the quality of life in America along with "free trade" as opposed to fair trade and the need of globalism (aims of the Bush clan) who caused this train wreck. The Rich is fine (ask Romney) while the rest of the Nation pays the bills.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The lie Reagan is famous for, that greed is good, and all that it implies, has brought disastrous results.
reply to post by dagann

Are you saying that the statement is a lie, and that Reagan said it, or are you saying that it is a lie that Reagan made the statement?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join