It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates: "I don't pay enough Tax!"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Amidst all the political rabble of why the rich shouldn't pay higher taxes, it's interesting to see the 2nd richest guy in the world talk about it.

GATES: Well the United States has a huge budget deficit, so taxes are going to have to go up. And I certainly agree that they should go up more on the rich than everyone else. That’s just justice.

BBC HOST: Is that a message you think that works with other people as wealthy as yourself, or is it just a small circle of friends — yourself, Warren Buffet, a few others.

GATES: Well, I hope we can solve that deficit problem with a sense of shared sacrifice — where everybody would feel like they’re doing their part. And right now, I don’t feel like people like myself are paying as much as we should.

Source

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I wish these rich pinheads would just shut up.

If he wants to waste money on "more taxes" let him. Shut up and pay!

These people make me sick.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

I don't understand why it appears the taxes will not be raised on the wealthiest 1% to equal the rate of tax the rest of us must pay prior to the election. It seems the majority of Americans are in favor of it. Naturally there is a voting block employed and beholden to the Mega Corporations who on principal do not want any equality at all and they wish to continue with the tax BREAKS that were provided by Georgie Boy to the rich but t6hat is a minority. A vocal and outspoken minority. I think it would do this President more good than harm to just take the freaking bull by the horns and remove the Bush tax cuts. In fact I think if he doesn't do this before the election that the Dems are going to revolt and will not turn out for the election.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Exactly!

Their voices ring hollow for me, as they certainly can write out a check to the IRS for a LOT of money.... but don't.
They go on about how all the rich should pay more, but it is just that... TALK.

Make that money talk, Bill Gates! Write a check out to the IRS right now! How about a BILLION dollars?

I know he could swing that.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Both Gates and Buffett say they think that they should be taxed more. It's a simple process really. They could just write a check payable to the treasury.

I know they both have charitable foundations, but those can and are used as tax shelters as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I know! Don't you much prefer the old fashioned way of hiding your income overseas and not even talking about money so people do not even know just how much you are ripping them off with your over valued goods and indentured, underpaid American workers.

Can you say Swiss Bank Account?
What is wrong with some of these rich people nowadays?
No respect for the other rich.
It is pathetic if you ask me.
They should all stick together if they want to get one over on us.

People can see right through them if one of them stands up and tells the truth.
Shut up and sit down,
Bill Gates and Warren Buffet and the rest of you rich guys trying to save the country...
Don't worry fella's...We got it.

edit on 26-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Bill Gates is cool with me. He seems not to be upset with the extras he may have to pay and thats a good sign that yes he is wealthy but showing signs of willing to help out (respects)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Exactly!

Their voices ring hollow for me, as they certainly can write out a check to the IRS for a LOT of money.... but don't.
They go on about how all the rich should pay more, but it is just that... TALK.

Make that money talk, Bill Gates! Write a check out to the IRS right now! How about a BILLION dollars?

I know he could swing that.

That would be like running a race without steroids while everyone else is doing steroids.

You think these fellows do not have competitors?

Why should they pay more than other millionaires and billionaires?
Why should they be singled out? Why should they be magnanimous when there is a simple solution:
INCOME TAX EQUALITY!!!

What a concept!!!?

I don't understand the people who want to continue a tax rate that benefits the wealthy and penalizes the poorest. It is not equal. It is unfair, unbalanced and unAmerican to treat some of your citizens better than others because they bring in more money. Sorry but it is. No matter how you look at it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

These are the politicians who do not want to give equal tax rates to Millionaires. Note they are all Millionaires.

At the FORTUNE Most Powerful Women Summit in Laguna Niguel, Ca., in early October, Warren Buffett talked with FORTUNE senior editor at large Carol Loomis about the Buffett Rule -- and explained the thinking behind it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Both Gates and Buffett say they think that they should be taxed more. It's a simple process really. They could just write a check payable to the treasury.

I know they both have charitable foundations, but those can and are used as tax shelters as well.

So you think them writing a check would make the tax code more fair and equal across the board?
I'd be curious to know how that would change any policies and make them equal? I would like to know how one billion from any of them would save the country from it's deficit. I think you are overestimating these guys wealth and ability to help single handedly.
We are an entire country and rules for one should be the same as rules for all.

Again....Rules for one should be the same as rules for all.

Who disagrees?
Then there is something askew , perverted and suspicious in your thinking.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

You have misconstrued what I was saying.

I see them saying raise the tax on the wealthy, but they don't donate money to the government. (To be truthful, I don't blame them the way the USG blows cash like a drunken lottery winner)

I do believe in a fair all around tax system, specifically concerning closing loopholes in the codes. The whole shebang needs to be revamped.

I just think that they should set the example when they say things like this.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

If we balanced the budget today, by tomorrow the US Government would find new ways to blow money on new projects, new wars, new agencies, new ways to violate our civil freedoms.

NEVER balance a budget by taking more from the people.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

If I am not mistaken, I believe I remember reading that Stephen King said something similar.
And they're all right.

If you literally make billions each year, you are not taxed highly enough.

The fact that the budget is completely broken doesn't negate that.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well you go Bill, throw a couple extra billion in the pot. If you need any recipes for macaroni and cheese dinners after that, let me know.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If he said that ... then he's a moron. A rich guy and successful ... but a moron. There is a system in place for any person who thinks they have too much money ... they can DONATE it to the US Government. Yep ... if he's in that much of a hurry to hand over that which he has earned to a bunch of politicians who will just piss it away ... he can DONATE it and leave the rest of the tax payers alone.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Many of these comments show that some of you don't seem to understand HOW these wealthy guys are taxed.

It's not the actual income tax rates that specify how much tax these rich guys pay. These guys aren't making money the same way you or I make money. If they were making a salary, they would be taxed at extremely high percentages, just like everyone who makes a salary.

No, these guys are making money through investment income, or CAPITAL GAINS. The reason these types of income are taxed at lower rates is because we WANT them to invest their money. It is good for the economy when they do that.

If we raised the capital gains tax rates, these guys would NOT PAY MORE TAXES. Instead, they would STOP doing the things they are doing that provide the capital gains income. They would then actually be taxed LESS, because they wouldn't have these capital gains.

Raising the capital gains taxes sounds SO EASY and "fair"....make them pay their fair "percentage". But you have to realize that they could stop earning capital gains right now and STILL have enough money to live off of....and pay ZERO taxes. That is not what we want to happen. We WANT to encourage the type of investment that leads to capital gains.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A flat tax with NO LOOPHOLES would be fair.

But when these uber-rich complain that they are not being taxed enough..... like I said before, let the money do the talking, and pay all that money to the govt.

But we all know that it is just lip service. They won't be writing any 'extra' payments to the IRS.

ETA: If they don't have any extra money because they have to invest it or need it to be competitive, they should shut their pie-holes!
edit on 26-1-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
He can donate some of his money to the government.

I think that taxes on the extremely wealthy should be a minimum of %20 .

I also think that any coperation that makes over $10 million per year in profit should have a minimum tax of %20.

I also think that oversees profits should be taxed in the year that they are earned, also at a minimum of %25

Everyone needs to cough up some dough right now..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Just as a little side-note, Bill Gates is a Bilderberg attendee. It's always interesting to see what the Bilderberg members are talking about and advocating in public.

Higher taxes....well the agenda behind his requests is pretty simple, take more money away from people, and lower their standard of living even further as things continue to get more expensive and our currency loses its value through inflation.

I'm getting a little off topic here, but why is it that Bill Gates, a Bilderberg member, spends money trying to fight AIDS and stuff like that? Wouldn't people expect him to do the opposite? What could the agenda be there....

edit on 26-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
And what would more tax be used for? Would it go to the working poor? I think not. Taxes help only those who have access to them. A way must be found to make employers partecipate in the company profits. Nobody wants to pay out high salaries, but if everybody only bets the small blinds, then thats all there is to get.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join