It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on the verge of a deal with the banks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This is disgusting.

YOU DON'T MAKE DEALS WITH CRIMINALS!!! Especially THESE ONES!!!

Obama Is on the Brink of a Settlement With the Big Banks—and Progressives Are Furious

For months, a massive federal settlement with big Wall Street banks over their role in the mortgage crisis has been in the offing. The rumored details have always given progressives heartburn: civil immunity, no investigations, inadequate help for homeowners and a small penalty for the banks.

Immunity from prosecution, no investigation, small penalty for the banks!!! DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vote Obama and you vote for someone who is forgiving the banks who DESTROYED THE ECONOMY. Let them get away with TENS OF THOUSANDS OF FELONIES.

And even worse, these banks are even BIGGER and they continue committing felonies after felonies. Guess what, THEY WILL FAIL AGAIN and since they are bigger, they will require bigger bailouts or will destroy the entire economy.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If you side with any president you are siding with someone who supports the banks....

The banks run the nation - the president is just a dancing puppet.

The only presidents that were not puppets were "let go" from office.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I AM SHOCKED!!!!!

/sarcasm

Im stuck footing the bill paying my masters, err im sorry, they dip their greasy claws into my hard earned check and take a nice big chunk so some fat child molester politican or banker can have brunch, or so they can stock some embassy on the other side of the world with Barrys book that I paid for, next to the designer wine glasses I also paid for last year.

As you can see, im pissed, and I dont think im alone.

edit on 26-1-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Don't you know, there are bigger evils to deal with ,Iran.

Then there's the Punch and Judy show, Newt and Mitt.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You mean Obama isn't the White Knight of virtue and a pillar of his community? The Messiah doesn't have standards and values of gold? Well.. I'm..I'm...

edit on 26-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
we should of let the banks fail the first time around its going to happen eventually so lets get it out of the way and work on real solutions, and rebuilding. obama makes me sick. even worse is that there is people that hate obama but are rallying around romney. same person different suit. wish people would wake up already. if you run your business like crap and it fails then you should fail and learn your lesson. things wont change if they keep getting propped up on our money. these people are criminals committing premeditated crimes and they get to just walk? so much for our judicial system, maybe we should enact citizens arrest and let them be judged by a jury of their victims in the streets. i guess if you rob everyone its okay

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
People, especially you older ones, we saw this coming, for the last 20 years. We have seen our pay checks either stay the same, or go away completely, while the consumer prices keep right on ramping up. I myself have been railing against the Federal Research, and the Centralized, International Banking Cartel. I consider this group to be the biggest criminals America, or any other Nation, has ever seen.

America: Freedom to Fascism is a 2006 film by Aaron Russo.

The main premise of the film is that the Federal Reserve banking system has maxed out the national debt and bankrupted the United States government, forcing illegitimate taxation to be imposed. The film describes this attempt at taxation as futile, only prolonging the inevitable collapse of the American way of life.

The film maker has granted Google Video the right to add the film to its collection. America: Freedom to Fascism can legally be viewed for free online. Link To Video
The country is simply broke, broke beyond repair. America's financial obligations are unpayable, its asset prices are illusions, and the great undertaking in Washington and New York is to preserve those illusions, rather than face Reality. If the price of preserving those illusions is $700 billion - and of course it is more likely to run into the trillions - could it really be more expensive to dispense with the illusions now? I believe only Ron Paul has a plan on How To Do This.
Audit Bernanke
The Fed Twists, the Market Shouts
Legalize Currency Competition
Against the Financial Power Elite
The Fed’s Funny Money
The Spending Scam
Just Freeze the Budget!
After all, instead of rescuing financial institutions that blatantly disregarded risk, the government just as easily could keep the country going by sending checks to everyone every month - as it already sends Social Security checks to retirees and the disabled.

But as long as the government keeps paying ransom to the BANK , the financial class will keep taking the country hostage. And they will not lose any sleep over it either.
Fed Would Be Shut Down If It Were Audited, Expert Says
Is the Federal Reserve Engaged in Acts of Economic Warfare Against America?
"I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary,
too many parasites living on the labour of the industrious."
(Thomas Jefferson Letter to William Ludlow, 1824)

Democracy:
1. A government of masses.
2. Authority derived though mass meeting or any form of dirrect expression.
3. Results in mobocary.
4. Attiude toward property is communistic-negating property rights.
5. Attiude toward law is that the will of majority shall regulate, whether it be based upond deliberation or government by passion, prejudice, and impules, without restraint or regard to consequences.
6. Results in demagogism, license, agitation, discontent, anarchy.

Republic:
1. Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officials best fitted to represent them.
2. Attitude toward property is respect for laws and individual rights, and a sensible economic procedure.
3. Attitude toward law is administration of justice in accord with fixed principles and established evidence, with a strict regard to consequences.
4. A greater number of Citizens and extent of territory may be brought by its compass.
5. Avoids the dangerous extreme of tyranny or mob-ocracy.
6. Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice, contentment, and progress.

The essence of the New World Order (NWO) or world management system is that it is management by social engineers, rather than government based on a written Constitution. How you are affected by this management system depends on what the social engineers decide the system should do for you and require of you. The social engineers and system managers think of themselves as scientists applying the scientific method to the control of group behavior. Your behavior and your relationships are regarded as the subject of investigation and control by those who call themselves social scientists. You are among their test animals, and you have no say in, and often no knowledge of, experiments that involve you. If the NWO is totally implemented, your independence, individuality, and freedom will be gone.
Even if the reader disregards everything else in this post, please always remember this: Baron M.A. Rothschild wrote, "Give

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think it's about time the Federal Reserve got flooded with comments, suggestions, and criticisms.
www.federalreserve.gov...

I was hunting for a physical address to hand write Ben Bernanke and the Board Members a letter in red ink (symbolic of our not ever being able to be in the black financially), but the link above was all I could find.

Feel free to contact Obama, too.
www.whitehouse.gov...
(I find it strange that the first topic under the heading USAgov: Featured Content is about 2012 and the Mayan Calendar.)
edit on 26-1-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
as always, i haven't heard this on the msm. isn't this a big deal? since obama said no more bailouts and he's gonna establish a financial crimes unit during his speech? what if the criminal is him? oh i forgot, he is exempt from the laws...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Amen to that, we saw, we witness and we are living it, the end of the American nation for the people and by the people is now an official Corporate Dictatorship.

In all the years I have been a member of ATS many people came, talk and warn about what we are now living.

But nobody listen, the last ones in here that has been long enough members can just remeber.

In ATS we predicted what is now becoming of the US, but were call conspirators.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
have you ever discussed politics with people outside of ats? i bring up this bailout and the bailouts of the past and i get this response...

Let's remember that they were not bailed out with "our money" they were bailed out with their money. Rich people and corporations are the ones being robbed for all the taxes. Don't get me wrong I think we should give all the tax money to the deadbeats who don't contribute anything to society. Why would we want to give to those scummy banks that give small businesses loans, or wall street that allows our financial system to run, or those evil corporations that try to employee more and more of us.

this was mind boggling and i replied with are you saying the big banks and wall street had nothing to do with the collapse? then added, don't think for a second you are one of them. and minutes later, i get banned. lol... just ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
yo dawg we heard u like taxes, so we're going to tax ur taxes so you can have taxes with ur taxes.

I believe this story.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I expect that, just like the drug cartel money laundering by the big banks, the foreclosure fraud and other illegal practices will be dealt with using what they term a "Deferred Prosecution Agreement". In essence, this allows the government to impose a big fine (usually a fraction of what was made through the criminal activity) and nobody is made to admit any guilt, let alone see the inside of a prison cell.
Why else do people think the bankers never get arrested? Simple, they have a federally guaranteed "get-out-of-jail-free" card.

So, no trials, no prison time, lesson learnt - honestly - and it's off down the club for a large one to laugh at the expressions on the faces of the people they have screwed over, as their jaws dropped in disbelief that this could happen.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well the big banks did fund his campaign, so it's no surprise that a banker puppet is acting like one would expect a banker puppet to act.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by autowrench

Amen to that, we saw, we witness and we are living it, the end of the American nation for the people and by the people is now an official Corporate Dictatorship.

In all the years I have been a member of ATS many people came, talk and warn about what we are now living.

But nobody listen, the last ones in here that has been long enough members can just remeber.

In ATS we predicted what is now becoming of the US, but were call conspirators.

Marg, like you I've been here a looooooooooooooooooooooong time and also like you have been discussing this for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. We saw it coming - predicted it - and hopefully, prepapred for it. At least I did.

On a lighter note, I also think I know what is still to come... and the banks and corporations are not going to like it one little bit. But sometimes you have to suffer for the cure.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

And we’ve put in place new rules to hold Wall Street accountable, so a crisis like this never happens again .

2012 State of the Union address.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i'll wait for the official deal, but if this happens it will cost obama the election. I certainly won't vote for anyone so spineless as to have these guys dead to rights and wimp out

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I am right here with you, Kozmo, we have seen it coming and more is yet to come, like you say, what is heading our way will be painful and probably nasty but guess what it will be worst for those that have been scamming the American people tax payer dollars and the wealth of this nation that belong to the people.

Is not over by any means.

Still I had to laugh about the latest polls that is been advertised today, that people are positive about Americas economy, I love when election years are near and everything is nice and peachy.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I wonder what the Obots have to say about this? They sure didn't care about his requesting & signing of the NDAA provision; and now there will be an aplogist justification for this as well. Outkast has Obama's back right?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join