It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Promises 'Permanent US Base on Moon' if he's Elected: (now we're talking!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

is he all there

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I think it's kind of funny that Gingrich would like to put up a permanent, multi billion dollar facility on the moon, in less than 8 years..

It could be done. We've already got much of the technology. It would put people who have the science and technology degrees to work too. It could work within his time frame. But first, he'd have to cut all that over-the-top foreign 'aid' that goes on so that we'd have the $$$ to pay for it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

People still fall for this #? We're in trouble.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
But there is already a base. (FACT)

Capitalistic way:
We said "permamnent" we didnt say there were no bases...we said there were no permanent bases-

Auto 1 trillion fund to slush around amongst the elites ceos and finance people---(create jobs to shut the slaves up for the time being)

Everyone wins
But not equally

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wow, what a fantastic idea, a true visionary. Newt is looking good at the moment.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Talk about promising the moon.

Do any of you really believe this guy ???

It will cost at least a Trillion Dollars..so where's he going to get the money from ???

Is he going to slash the Defense (Offense..actually) budget....i don't think so.

Only a combined effort between US, Russia, EU, China and India is going to make it happen.

Sorry but i think Newt is blowing smoke up yer butts.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
what would that be called if he was having one of his open relationships up there,The few thousend mile high club?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Wow, what a fantastic idea, a true visionary. Newt is looking good at the moment.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The US needs more politicians who are space enthusiasts, like Newt is. I certainly disagree with him on many issues, but come on, you cannot really hate a guy who puts spaceflight into spotlight like this! Even if most probably just an empty election promise..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Nobody wants a proper space program more than me but its obvious this is meaningless campaign rhetoric.

If that guy told me rain was wet i'd seek independent verification.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

NEWS FLASH for Newt. We can't build a base on the moon because we CANNOT GET THERE. The last vehicle we had with even a marginal ability to be modified to the task is now sitting in museums or mothballed for national archives.

You forgot about Atlas and Delta. These are much better suited for the task than Shuttle ever was, and can be upgraded quite cheaply and quickly to even surpass Shuttle capacity. Not to mention that it would allow NASA to parasite on endless DoD budgets.
edit on 26/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Falcon Heavy, Atlas V HLV and Delta IV Heavy are only half the power of the Saturn V.

To build a base on the Moon your going to need something equivalent or bigger than Saturn V.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Who is paying for it Newt?

I think he meant a permanent base on IRAN
edit on 26-1-2012 by jacklondonmiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
reply to post by Maslo

Falcon Heavy, Atlas V HLV and Delta IV Heavy are only half the power of the Saturn V.

To build a base on the Moon your going to need something equivalent or bigger than Saturn V.

Cosmic..

No, you really dont. Propellant depots would allow a moonbase to be built even without such huge rocket.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

edit on 26-1-2012 by jacklondonmiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So that's the next place to invade, oops I mean liberate after Iran and Syria, I was wondering where they were going to go next

Really guys, I am a space enthusiast, but when you have over 40,000 homeless children in New York alone, do you really think it is a priority? About time Americans stopped with the pie in the sky ideas and concentrated and what really matters

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
By second term?

Good god. How much of the nations vital resources are going to funneled towards this? Resources that are desperately needed to fix crumbling infrastructure right here on earth that we earthlings desperately need.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Almost strangely, it falls in line with what i heard about Newt before, i.e. that he is a historian/futurist obsessed with visions of grandeur but lacking substance. I mean it's nice to pat yourself on the back and humbly declare yourself a "visionary". But... Please...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What I would like to know is how is such a project going to paid for? Are we going to borrow more money from China to do it? We can't afford it right now as it is.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
what's the point of a base on the moon, besides the colossal waste of taxpayer money.

not to mention all of newt's friends getting rich by him commissioning a bunch of multi-million dollar consulting and feasibility reports.

what are astronauts supposed to do on the moon. float around for weeks looking at a barren landscape.

go out for a stroll and get rock samples that where already collected 40 years ago.

america is at a financial crisis that is threatening civilization as we know it, and this yokel want's a moon base.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join