It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest dinosaur nests found in South Africa.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Apparently they are 100 million years older, than the oldest current ones that has been discovered.

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa — The oldest dinosaur nests ever found have been excavated in South Africa, providing a glimpse into dinosaur nesting behavior. The ancient nesting site of the prosauropod dinosaur known as the Massospondylus was uncovered at Golden Gate Highlands National Park, in South Africa's Free State.

The South African Press Association (SAPA) reported that paleontologists found clusters of dinosaur eggs, many with embryos, along with tiny dinosaur footprints at the 190-million-year-old nesting site.

Apparently this is the oldest known evidence that dinosaur hatchlings stayed at their nests, until they about doubled in size, before venturing forth on their own.

The distribution of nests showed that the dinosaurs had returned repeatedly to the site, and laid their eggs in groups. At least 10 nests were found, with each one containing up to 34 round eggs, SAPA said.

The BBC reported that the newly excavated nesting site is 100 million years older than the previous oldest site.

Link

And if you are really hardcore researcher, or dinosaur fan, you may read this:

www.wits.ac.za...

vvv

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
pictures of these fossel eggs or it never happened ... tho i know these dudes are picture taking cheap...

not your fault vvv ,, i loved the story ...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
pictures of these fossel eggs or it never happened ... tho i know these dudes are picture taking cheap...

not your fault vvv ,, i loved the story ...

Hi, Not eggs but this one looks very young!.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Great post, but I am still no closer to what came first, the chicken (Dino) or the egg? Hehe.

new topics

join