It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did the flying saucer go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I was going through some old UFO report's and noticed something strange.

Back in the days, when people started to report UFO's, they started to call them flying saucer's.

The term "flying saucer" came from this.

The Kenneth Arnold UFO sighting was an incident on June 24, 1947, where private pilot Kenneth Arnold spotted a string of nine, shiny unidentified flying objects flying past Mount Rainier at then unheard of supersonic speeds that Arnold clocked at a minimum of 1,200 miles an hour. This was the first post-War sighting in the United States that garnered nationwide news coverage and is credited with being the first of the modern era of UFO sightings, including numerous reported sightings over the next two to three weeks. Arnold's description of the objects also led to the press quickly coining the terms flying saucer and flying disc as popular descriptive terms for UFOs.

en.wikipedia.org...
ATS thread about Kenneth Arnold
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the years to follow the term "flying saucer" became popular, and pictures started popping up from all around the world.

Some pictures from before Kenneth Arnold sighting.

1927 - Oregon. Taken in Cave Junction, Oregon.

1932 - St. Paris, Ohio.

1942 - Los Angeles, California.

1944 - England - This UFO was photographed over England in 1944.

Some from after Kenneth Arnold sighting.

1947 - July 7 - William Rhodes of Phoenix, Arizona

1947 - Scotland.

1950 - Redbud, Illinois.

1952 - Passaic, New Jersey.

1954 - Australia.

1957 - Edwards Air Force Base, California.

I could continue posting more pics, but i suggest you check them out yourself here.
All UFO pics from 1870-2011.
ufocasebook.com...

Some good fakes are in there to

2011 - Ohio - 06-20-11

Most of the pics in there are of the classic saucer shape, and occasionaly of lights in the sky.
Witnes accounts tell mostly of the saucer shape/ disc shape/ cigar shape, in these cases.
You can find more info in here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So that brings me to the point of the headline.
Because today, we see videos from youtube, and mostly they are lights in the sky, they are sometimes still disc shaped, but dosn't look like the metal looking hardware from the old days.

So does it exist, the flying saucer?
It seems to have vanished, in to thin air, and as we entered the digital era, the flying saucer upgraded to flashy lights, some even transformed in to triangular shape.
When they come on video, they are blurred, shaky and sometimes obviusly fake.
Maybe you have a good video to share, i have a lot to dig through, so i propably missed one.

If you don't enjoy the thread, enjoy the links

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Do you think in the years leading to our digital revolution the UFOs knew we only had a limited capabilities in terms of recording images and video and used to fly in the day more often. But now with mobile phones we have cameras ready thus making the UFOs turn to night time flying instead.
Also why do some of the UFOs fly so low what is the reason for this ?

edit on 26-1-2012 by judus because: speeling

edit on 26-1-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The photography from 1947 in Scotland is almost identical to a UFO I saw a few years ago. I don't know if what I saw was an alien spacecraft or a helicopter with an optical illusion or my mind playing tricks on me. But they are still being seen.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
there is no reason to believe that alien technology has not advanced over the last 70 years like ours has

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
You can go back 100s, yes even 1000s of years.

UFOs exist already in the furthest past.

What is interesting is to note that the UFOs (and with it the Aliens) are indeed "changing their appearance", ie. adapting to current beliefs and norms.

In the dark ages, it was "carriages" seen on the sky or ships, and Gods, in the 1800s there was a big wave of "air ships" with REMARKABLE accounts of encounters....and starting in the 40s and with the advent of our space age they became UFOs and "Aliens". (Of course, the same "Aliens" which were demons in the past or succubi, incubi etc.)

You will notice that a change of appearance/interpretation of their "craft" as well as change of the actual inhabitants of the "craft" is an essential element of the whole phenomenon.
edit on 26-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I like this one, I wish I could find the original newspaper article

Then there is this one that looks like a Haunebu as well from 1964
I had a higher resolution scan of this one but i could only find the low res.

I have'nt seen a decent photo of a saucer for a long time.
edit on 26-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
You can go back 100s, yes even 1000s of years.

UFOs exist already in the furthest past.

What is interesting is to note that the UFOs (and with it the Aliens) are indeed "changing their appearance", ie. adapting to current beliefs and norms.

In the dark ages, it was "carriages" seen on the sky or ships, and Gods, in the 1800s there was a big wave of "air ships" with REMARKABLE accounts of encounters....and starting in the 40s and with the advent of our space age they became UFOs and "Aliens". (Of course, the same "Aliens" which were demons in the past or succubi, incubi etc.)

You will notice that a change of appearance/interpretation of their "craft" as well as change of the actual inhabitants of the "craft" is an essential element of the whole phenomenon.
edit on 26-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Ingo Swan had a theory about "reality bins". An observer who sees something strange tries to put the strange into a "reality bin" and that is what he see. So maybe the UFOs are the same, but our "reality bins" are changing with culture.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
maybe with the digital revoloution 'saucer' ufo pics arent as easy to fake

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I agree with you.
I left out the old ages, cause i wanted to show the time where we could take pictures.
The change from looking like a flying saucer to a flying saucer with a lot of lights.

We also don't call them flying saucer anymore but UFO's, cause they come in all shapes and lights.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
recall seeing paintings from the middle ages depicting saucers ,

not seen any pics of saucers nor heard reports on saucer shaped craft in at least fifteen years now .

great pics does give one something to ponder over as to why the sudden change in the type of craft being spotted.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
i think maybe the governments said to our alien visitors that they have to stop being caught on camera as it wont help in trying to keep them a secret from us. more and more people were buying cameras and video cameras so there would have been a lot more film and photo's taken of their 'flying saucers'.
so the aliens had to use orbs and/or cloaking. i mean, most of todays filmed are all orbs or lights in the sky which are essentially orbs. so these are a lot harder to identify as alien craft.
which keeps most of us 'in the dark' so to speak about the presence of our alien visitors
i dont mean us ATSer's. the population in general

edit on 26/1/12 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Do you have any idea of the scale of the Saucer from the 1964 pic ?

What interests me is how they get here the ship in the in the 1964 pic does not look that large in size which makes me think that to travel across the cosmos you would need a bigger ship lets say a bit like a aircraft carrier and these Saucers if maned have a base to go to not so far away.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The '1932 - St. Paris, Ohio' photo in the OP has been debunked as a street light or similar in another thread if i recall correctly, hung on a wire across the street.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

I'm under the impression that the craft is manmade.
It looks very similar to craft the Germans supposedly developed during ww2.
In the later years of the war they were called Haunebu.
They very in size depending on what model

Some pysics models such as the M-theory suggest that there are upto 11 dimensions
maybe extra-terrestrial craft dont have that far to travel.

en.wikipedia.org

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

A lot of the pictures are fake, so it's not to discuse if they are fake or not, but thanks for the notice

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Over the last few years we have seen on ATS and You Tube daylight images of UFOs where the photographer says something such as, "When I took this picture of the lake/ocean/mountain/skyline/friends I never saw the object in the air." Early on, I would think that the person was preoccupied with taking the picture and the intended subject matter and simply had not noticed the UFO. But sometimes the object was so blatantly visible in the picture that it would seem unlikely that it would be overlooked. It has developed (no pun intended) that we have come to accept that an ordinary digital camera will image an otherwise "cloaked" UFO. In the last couple of years, this science-fiction concept has moved into reality.

A good proof of the cloaking ability of UFOs is that night-vision equipment often will pickup heat radiations from moving objects in a perfectly dark sky but no lights are visible. The objects are there, seen in the infrared, but invisible to the human eye.

Since we do sometimes see UFOs in daylight and as moving lights in the sky at nighttime, we must assume that they have this ability that they can turn on and off as desired or else have some ships with that capability and some without. Either way, given that we accept that the vehicles are here to watch us (if not for other reasons) we can accept that it is frequently convenient for them to be invisible at times. This, then, implies that they are far more frequent visitors down closer than we normally assume.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

These influences above may have been modified tech wise into the triangle shape designs like below.

The disc seem to be related to old German techs that may have been injected into new super powers techs..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by chaztekno

A lot of the pictures are fake, so it's not to discuse if they are fake or not, but thanks for the notice

Why isn't it to discuss if they are fake? The battle of LA photo shows no object (manipulate it all you want in photoshop, but the original doesn't and absolutley no contemporary reports speak of one), some of those you post are clearly streetlamps and others frankly are obviously there for fun.

Why no more saucers though? Hmmmm, could it be popular culture? I'm guessing that's the case. Flying saucers are so passe as people move more into new age thinking (at least those that believe) so we know have glowing orbs.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
Ingo Swan had a theory about "reality bins". An observer who sees something strange tries to put the strange into a "reality bin" and that is what he see. So maybe the UFOs are the same, but our "reality bins" are changing with culture.

That's basically it. We see these things a certain way because we're essentially conditioned by society and our expectations to see them and interpret them that way. It's not that the people in the old days were wrong when they saw flaming chariots zooming across the skies. They probably did. Flying saucers? Just the kind of slick, modern aerodynamic shape people would expect after seeing our own shiny jets, flying wings and chromed-out cars in the late 1940s and early 1950s. What do we see? Stealthy black triangles that look like variations on B-2 bombers.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that people are hallucinating or are wrong. You can photograph these things. I'm saying that the way these things exist in our reality has a lot to do with how we perceive them. There's an interaction between our perceptions/understanding, and how they exist. It's flexible. And the same thing applies to lake monsters, Bigfoot, fairies and leprechans, etc. How that happens is a philosophical question as much as it is a scientific technical question.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's quite possible.... that during the daytime, flying saucer's are almost impossible to see. The other- worlder's simply use a camoflage technology that is almost the same technology that we Earthlings will use to camoflage our hunting clothing [source: Outdoor Life;] in the near future.

It's a camera technology that takes a picture of it's surrounding's, and project's a holographic? image of that picture on the reflective surface of the saucer hull; making it practically invisible in front of our eyes.

Nightime.... is another story, because of the need for the possible photon engine on the flying saucer's requirement for light photon plasma fuel. Since the lack of photon's at nightime is real, the flying saucer has to generate it's own fusion plasma for fuel for the photon engine; with the use of common seawater. The plasma is encased in a magnetic field surrounding the starship.

I believe that this fusion process makes it almost impossible for these interstellar voyagers to fully cloak a starship during night-time op's inside the atmosphere of an alien world. Starry night's.... could be a possible source of fuel for the photon engine, thus giving cloaking ability a chance, but I feel that the other-worlder's would not take the chance, when top-speed is a necessity.
P.S. Since our planet has plenty of seawater, it could be a prime rest and refuel stop for the other-worlders in this section of our galaxy.

Cheers,

Erno86
edit on 26-1-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 26-1-2012 by Erno86 because: added P.S.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join