It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the deal with the super religious freaks?.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by racasan

It has already been proven that coal and many other minerals that science once thought took a long time to form actually form in far less time than thought.

I had a quick look on google to see if I could find out what your referring to here and didn’t find anything useful– perhaps you could give me a link for this or some kind of reference to who proved it so I can check it out

when I was a kid I used to live in a coal mining area and my dad would sometimes bring home fossils in the coal like these
www.bgs.ac.uk...
www.fossiliferous.co.uk...

These are Calamites Horsetails an extinct tree-like version of the smaller Horsetail’s you can find in any European or American garden – thought to have gone extinct about 300 million years ago

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Sure here are some links.

creation.com...
www.tgm.org...

You know it is a possibility that those are only about 4000 years old and formed during a flood that you may have read about.

Wouldn’t that be an even cooler story? I mean you have seen fossils created by the biblical flood, maybe?

edit on 30-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by racasan

It has already been proven that coal and many other minerals that science once thought took a long time to form actually form in far less time than thought.

I had a quick look on google to see if I could find out what your referring to here and didn’t find anything useful– perhaps you could give me a link for this or some kind of reference to who proved it so I can check it out

when I was a kid I used to live in a coal mining area and my dad would sometimes bring home fossils in the coal like these
www.bgs.ac.uk...
www.fossiliferous.co.uk...

These are Calamites Horsetails an extinct tree-like version of the smaller Horsetail’s you can find in any European or American garden – thought to have gone extinct about 300 million years ago

have you ever been in verona? there are fossils in the streets

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

thanks for the links

This ones good – covering the problem of Too Much Coal in Too Short a Period
creation.com...

But there are problems with this theory:
He seems assumes that the conversion of plant material to coal is a 100% efficient system

He points out that current plant-eco systems cannot account for the amount of coal found so he has to ‘invent’ a plant-eco system (some kind of floating forests) to get himself out of this difficulty

Also coal is found in seams or layers – so coal then sedimentary rock then coal again and so on and there can be many of these layers – which mean that his floating forest has be covered by the biblical flood but then it has to grow back to its original size only to be covered again repeatedly all in the space of 300 + days

Also there are no fossils of modern animals found in the coal seams and there are no living examples of his invented floating forest to be found today

Heads up on this site it mentions laboratory’s and scientists – and according to you guys scientists lie
www.tgm.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ozvaldo
reply to post by Ironclad

Lmao! -that is hilarious!

No it is really sad..!!

Those Teenagers are going out into the world with this kind of teaching..

This is the 21st century.. There's no room "NO ROOM", for this bible crap at all..!! I'm not talking about faith in God or sunday service.. thats all fine.. But teaching absolute rubbish like this to people who are supposed to be our future is doing more harm than good.

The earth is not 5000 years old..!!

Hell if it is, I want proof...!! Not just some quote from the bible and a "There you go, there's my proof"..

Seriousely, if Science just relied on a quote and a theory with no research or control to back it up, I'd tell them to go get stuft too..

I just don't like the idea that kids are being taught in a religious environment and being taught such rubbish.. Religion has no place in Education..!!

BTW.. How come there are no Dinosaurs mentioned in the bible if man walked with them..?
edit on 1/31/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Questioneer05

I would like to see that

We used to go to the east coast of England for holidays (Filey Scarborough Whitby) and you cannot chuck a stone in that part of the world without hitting a fossil

Some of which where like this
www.flickr.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Yes the subject matter is sad, but the way you posted it was hilarious

Listen I share the same opinion as you, and i'm also interested in what the creationists have to say about dinosaurs. I'm pretty sure I did come across one of them addressing it once, but their reason and logic behind was so ridiculous that my mind automatically deleted what i read.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Listen I share the same opinion as you, and i'm also interested in what the creationists have to say about dinosaurs. I'm pretty sure I did come across one of them addressing it once, but their reason and logic behind was so ridiculous that my mind automatically deleted what i read.

Haha I also remember some creationists saying that fossils were not actually the remains of dinosaurs, but were simply places in the ground by Satan as a test of the weak peoples' faith. Absolutely. Hilarious.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialVelocity

Haha I also remember some creationists saying that fossils were not actually the remains of dinosaurs, but were simply places in the ground by Satan as a test of the weak peoples' faith. Absolutely. Hilarious.

Lol - You just have to lol!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join