It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Explosion leads to three buildings collapsing in Rio de Janeiro

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Explosion leads to three buildings collapsing in Rio de Janeiro


riotimesonline.com

A number of people have been injured after two high-rise buildings – one twenty floors high – collapsed following an explosion, allegedly caused by a gas leak, late last night in the downtown area of Rio de Janeiro. A smaller building – under construction – also collapsed.

(...)

“The whole building collapsed as if it had imploded. It was like the World Trade Center. I heard an enormous bang and saw it all happen,” eyewitness Luiz Antônio Jean Trajan told O Globo newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk
www.bbc.co.uk




posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Very strange.

A gas explosion wouldn't cause three buildings to collapse. It's simply impossible.

Also the eyewitness says: " the whole building collapsed as if it had imploded".

What really happened?

Were bombs used to take down the buildings?

If yes, why?

Cover up of some activity in the buildings?

Flase flag "terrorist attack" that will soon be blamed on Muslims?


riotimesonline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This sounds interesting to hear more about. I wouldn't dismiss it though. Fuel Air Mixture weapons are the most powerful non-nuclear weapons ever produced...and they're basically nothing more than Natural Gas would do if given enough time to really spread through rooms and concentrate before finding that fateful spark. I can believe a few buildings getting damage when news stories have occasionally documented American homes being blown right off the foundations because of a gas leak no one was around to catch or something.


What a way to find out there is a leak!



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
What really happened?
Were bombs used to take down the buildings?
If yes, why?
Cover up of some activity in the buildings?
Flase flag "terrorist attack" that will soon be blamed on Muslims?
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.


One of the three buildings was under construction. What would be the point in “false flagging” that? Exactly… There would be no point.

The fact is exactly what many folks have tried telling the 911 truth movement for years. Fire and explosions can bring down modern high-rise buildings, and buildings can “pancake” without controlled demo being involved.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra


A gas explosion wouldn't cause three buildings to collapse. It's simply impossible.

riotimesonline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)


Actualy it's not, as a firefighter for 23 years I would rather deal with burning high explosives than escaping gas. Please take a look at what a ruptured gas pipe can do, luckily this was not a high density housing area. The guy who was using the piler was never found.

Linky


edit on 26-1-2012 by yeebsy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy
 


Holy crap!!
Thanks for the link. Thats interesting stuff, and scary as well.

This was caused by corrosion



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This dosn't sound like a gas explosion to me.

www.euronews.net...

“At first I though someone was throwing rocks and it wasn’t serious. Then I started to take some steps back and all of a sudden the building collapsed. It came down completely, looking somewhat like the September 11 incident,” said one eye-witness.


www.dailymail.co.uk...

But Mr Paes said: 'The possibility of a gas leak is very small. We don't know the cause, but it must have been structural damage and not an explosion. As we get more information we'll pass it on.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
talk about deja vue



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra
 


What a coincidence.....ok maybe wrong word but hey link to my thread here

More importantly this part of my thread here.This post in relation to Rio

Back in the box with me



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hm. Building comes down after a gas explosion, possibly damages other buildings when it collapses. Two other buildings collapse as well, possibly from the damage.

Well, as long as it is comparable to 9/11, conspiracy theorists will swear up and down that it's impossible. It might as well have never happened.



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
FTA on CNN, does not sound like a gas explosion either.

www.cnn.com...

"I started to hear a crackling. I thought they were gunshots. When I looked up, I saw the top floors falling," maintenance worker Julio Cesar de Oliveira Brandao told CNN affiliate TV Record.



Electrical engineer Jorge Drauss told TV Record he was drinking juice at a nearby diner when he saw small stones falling from the top of one of the buildings. "I thought it was someone making a hole for air conditioning," he said. "From one moment to another, the building began to fall."



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lee78
reply to post by GLontra
 


What a coincidence.....ok maybe wrong word but hey link to my thread here

More importantly this part of my thread here.This post in relation to Rio

Back in the box with me


The reason i posted this to this thread is because i believe there is something yet to be discovered here or even overlooked.



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
FTA on CNN, does not sound like a gas explosion either.

www.cnn.com...

"I started to hear a crackling. I thought they were gunshots. When I looked up, I saw the top floors falling," maintenance worker Julio Cesar de Oliveira Brandao told CNN affiliate TV Record.



Electrical engineer Jorge Drauss told TV Record he was drinking juice at a nearby diner when he saw small stones falling from the top of one of the buildings. "I thought it was someone making a hole for air conditioning," he said. "From one moment to another, the building began to fall."


Crackling... sounds like a lot of small explosions knocking out the support columns... Wonder what was in that building?




top topics



 
5

log in

join