It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The logic behind this de-regulation push

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
There are some areas where I just don't understand the logic.

Let me give a few examples:

The EPA has restrictions to stop businesses from putting harmful chemicals in the water and that sort of thing. There are people who say that this should be taken away and that you're responsible for knowing that the water is okay. Well, if I, as a private person, were to go and pour hundreds of gallons of used motor oil into the water system, would that be okay?

There are folks who want the FDA to not be able to regulate the kind of things that go into our food. They say that you're responsible for knowing what's in your food and to be careful. Well, if I go and put strychnine in a bunch of brownies and sell them at a bake sale and it kills some people, shouldn't I be given a free pass because they're responsible for knowing what goes into their bodies?

Things that are crimes for a private person to do suddenly become okay and a matter of personal responsibility once a business starts doing them? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
There are some areas where I just don't understand the logic.

Let me give a few examples:

The EPA has restrictions to stop businesses from putting harmful chemicals in the water and that sort of thing. There are people who say that this should be taken away and that you're responsible for knowing that the water is okay. Well, if I, as a private person, were to go and pour hundreds of gallons of used motor oil into the water system, would that be okay?

There are folks who want the FDA to not be able to regulate the kind of things that go into our food. They say that you're responsible for knowing what's in your food and to be careful. Well, if I go and put strychnine in a bunch of brownies and sell them at a bake sale and it kills some people, shouldn't I be given a free pass because they're responsible for knowing what goes into their bodies?

Things that are crimes for a private person to do suddenly become okay and a matter of personal responsibility once a business starts doing them? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Because profits are worth more than people are. We're walking profit margins. Corporations do not give two fvcks about us, its only their bottom line they care about. Not surprised in the least.

A banker can steal a couple million dollars without even a slap on the wrist.
You steal 10 dollars you're a) shot or b) in prison for 10 years
A pharmaceutical company can kill thousands without a slap on the wrist
A pot smoker goes to jail for two or more years.

We are in backwards land where all the idiots control the world, or are being controlled like the puppets they are (which seems to be the case)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Logic and government went their seperate ways long ago my friend.

The sooner you come to grips with that,the better. Once you've grasped that concept, everything the govt does starts to make sense in a twisted sort of way.

They aren't here to protect the citizens, only the big money interests.

new topics

join