It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Broken Promises of Barack Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In light of the Presidents recent SOTU address I thought it pertinent to examine some of the promises he made. These promises, coincidentally, are the same promises he was making during his last SOTU address.

Don't believe that? Here you go...

Anyway, I thought I'd go a little deeper and examine some specific promises made by the President that have never come to fruition. There is a website located HERE that lists 3 pages of broken promises!

Among these are promises to expand the child and dependent care credit, to end the income tax for seniors making less than $50,000, to allow imported prescription drugs, to fully fund the IDEA, to close Guantanamo Bay, to allow five days of public comment before signing bills....and on and on and on.

Barack Obama....no new ideas, only new broken promises. (Well actually not new)

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 26-1-2012 by nyk537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

annnnd anyone else that is running is different how? this is how it always works, we are told all these amazing things that are going to be new and finally be what we want, and then we vote. as soon as the person is elected, no matter who it is it seems, go back to business as usual. who you vote for makes no difference, the system is broken.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

And this sort of response perpetuates the broken system....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Who we vote for can make a difference.

The attitude you are displaying is what keeps getting us into the same mess each election.

It does matter.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

sorry still not falling for that. lets say SOMEHOW Ron Paul won the presidency, are you telling me they wouldnt 're-count' until he magically didn't win anymore? have you forgotten how they recounted over and over until Bush suddenly won to steal an election? who you vote for does NOT matter, and whether you believe it or not, they don't care about you or what the majority of citizens want or need.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

They may not care but if a candidate was extremely popular to the point of no one liking the pseudo-competition then the people would win in the end. The amount of tyranny you live under is the amount you put up with.

Ron Paul was just a fraction as popular when he ran for president in 2008, this election hes gained a lot more popularity. I don't know if he will win but it gives me hope for the people in the country (especially young people) are becoming more politically aware and active.

The baby boomers are going to all have heart attacks pretty soon. They are the ones who have little knowledge of what the federal reserve is and love Bill O'reilly.
edit on 1/26/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Why do people continue to bash Obama? Many of you seem to forget or choose to forget the state the previous president had left you in. The cards had already been played yet Obama still chose to plod on.

You had been catapulted into wars and the 911 incident had already taken place. Obama has had a pretty crap point in which to start a presidential role. Imagine how gutted HE is. Something that he has wanted and pursued not only for his benefit nor his families, but for all of you Americans yet you and others alike start giving him crap the minute he stumbles?
You should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you that continue to cast stones.

Obama has stated many times that it is everyones duty to pull together yet you all continue to play right into the hands of those causing the grief. You still stand divided. The world still stands divided and other than the divisions in religion, colour and class we continue to be all divided by boundaries and borders.

I am not an American, I am a Brit (no not a racist term, its short for British its ok i wont be offended if you call me a Brit either) but i would rather someone like Obama to lead our country more than the nuggets that havent a clue that are currently leading the country into strife. Justifying their positions with long words and terms that the regular joe bloggs doesnt understand.

At the end of the day YOU elected Obama, and if you were true Americans YOU will stand and support your elect.

My prediction for you and other nations is that it will be more of the same. Elect them then grief them when it gets hard.

Unity Is KEY and i am not only talking Americans.....I am talking everyone globally.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Who we vote for can make a difference.

The attitude you are displaying is what keeps getting us into the same mess each election.

It does matter.

Sorry, but it seems like a giant dog and pony show for the masses. Elections are held so Americans THINK they have choices when it comes to their leaders, in actuality there are only going to be two to pick from and both will be paid off. So does anyone here really believe that if McCain had won that things would be any better? Or different? More of the same. When people start to get on their high horse about Obama ruining the country I just like to tell them yeah..."This country will never be the Utopian paradise it once was when that basturd took ffice." That usually shuts em up.

If you ask me, the only reason "they" let a black man be president is because "they" know theres trouble heading this way. Better for the ignorant masses to blame the "stupid ni__er who put us in this mess." as I hear him called constantly here in the dirty South.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
No Ones Bashing Obama, but when you've won a position through election, and now have potential to exact Positive progress, and instead, Push ahead lock-step with all the previous BS....people become a little cynical.

Alot of people, as with any election make sacrifices, just to place a vote....Some take off of work, go late to work, stay up late After work(3rd shifters unite!) and blah blah blah...

edit on 26-1-2012 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Every president lies to us!

Bush 2 first ran on a non-interventionist platform......then invaded the Middle East.

Bush 1 said no new taxes.

and on and on......

So I am not surprised that Obama followed suit. What matters is whom we put in next. I'm afraid that if its anyone other than Ron Paul, it will be more lies to follow.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Who is this "they" you keep referring to?

new topics

top topics

join