It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was Your First Thread/Introduction To ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I thought that this might be fun. Some of us have been here for a long time, and others not so much. Remember your innocence before you started posting? Wide eyes, curious, like a caged animal sent out into the wild.

Ready to share with the world. Share your first 3 threads and your introductions, and see how much you have changed, grew, or remained the same.

Here is my intro, and my very first 3 threads.

NRE's Introduction.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

First post.
Can you go through with it?

Second.
Could we be the "bad" aliens?

Third.
Vaccinations vs. Religion

WOW, reading them again is eye opening

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I haven't been on ATS all that long, but I have noticed a change or shift in the way I present information, that's for sure.
In the beginning of my contributing to ATS, I proposed more questions to try and get a conversation started. I now know that this is a very useful, but tricky way in trying to bring forth a conversation in which I was trying to direct. Often, the conversation became sidetracked, steering away from the original intent of the thread.

Next, I noticed that there are key issues, that if presented in an ignorant fashion will bring out the true colors of those who chose to reply.

Big Bang not in Creation Stories

Ron Paul blasts TSA’s “sinister” military-style crackdown on U.S. highways

Propagandist, Subliminal Messages in Todays Music?

Paul says coverage of his campaign 'distorted', WHAT?!?!

BTW SARCASM DOESN'T WORK WELL ON ATS
Check out 'Paul says coverage of his campaign 'distorted', WHAT?!?!', perfect example of this... Although some caught on right away, it's obvious that sarcasm goes right over the heads of many people that contribute to ATS.

From what I've learned, I now take a more direct way of presenting information. I used to go through the trouble of providing endless links and information to back up my stance or reasoning as it pertains to my thoughts and feelings on certain topics, but after reading many of the replies, it's obvious that very few actually read them. You have to provide a quote from the source to actually get people to read them. Or at least explain what link provides in full detail(front to back) for them to be utilized.

I'm done presenting multiple links to provide sustenance, rather, now I just post what I think and why with out sources. If someone wants to debate or challenge anything I have to say, that's when I will unleash a relentless attack of links and sources that either reiterate my point or provide further explanation of how I came to said understanding which lead to the comment in the first place.

I have a tendency to beat a dead horse, even the horse that no one cares about... hence^^^^^^ LOL
Prime example of this... www.abovetopsecret.com...
my explanation of the Windows Logo, and it's meaning, talk about a dead horse... anyways back to your regular scheduled programming....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I stumbled upon ATS while surfing the net and thought to myself,
"These bunch of nutters are my kind of people"

I have'nt been here for very long but I had been lurking for a couple of weeks
before signing up. Here's my first three.

Waiting for Mars, is VASIMR a waste of time and money?
This is about the next generation space propultion system that may or maynot work.

Strange original Operation Highjump photos
Some strange pics I found on a government database.

Aussie guy gets struck by lightning while filming electrical storm
This is relevant because today is Australia Day holiday. "Do you need an ambulance?"

edit on 26-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
wow a trip down memory lane yay

My intro thread:

Hello from me to u

My 1st thread

Red Alert on fire mountain

My 2nd and daaammmnnn at the mistakes
lol

Feral children of myth, legend and classical literature

and ma 3rd was a short story for a comp that was goin on

my life (dd)

oh how far i have come

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I think its kind of cool that we can kind of go back and reevaluate ourselves. We sure have come a long way, and for those that are newer, give it some time, and look back just for a sec. Its an eye opener.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join