It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs Officers Just Leave, From Armed Man With A Gun Showdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Now this is a new one, wonder if this will become standard policy???

Obviously, a difficult decision, but maybe the right one....

Time will tell....

TextCOLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Colorado Springs police ended a standoff with a man armed with a shotgun by walking away.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Maybe with them being there, they thought it might escalate the situation and by leaving it possibly diffused the situation to let the guy calm down and think about what he was doing. Sometimes it's best to walk away from irrational people. Heck, I do it all the time. Ignore works.
They to tend to shut up.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Nice! Very nice!

My father was a State Trooper, and my daughter is trying to move to Colorado Springs. What an intelligent response. Cooler heads won the day, and probably saved lives.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I agree, but at what precedent for further LEO activities, this could set the attorneys in motion...

My client was shot five times, yet in this particular incident, the officers simply left????

I think this could be a resolution in many cases, but in others, what if further mayhem insued, and involved the original suspect.... can you say lawsuit....

Wrong, I know, but still.....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
They must be putting something in the water - this type of common sense just ain't natural anymore.

The police not escalating the situation until someone is dead....I might just be dreaming.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
And i'm looking for the Onion link ???

Thanks for sharing, i have NO explanation

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Amazing!

To think police would remove themselves from the escalation equation rather than use brute force to destroy everything in their way.

What's next, a cop doesn't instigate a reckless high speed chase?

The dawn of a new era of policing where they actually serve and protect rather than harass and instigate?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It might be my biasness but I'm thinking more along the lines of they got the warrant to track this man so why stand there and get killed. This man will be arrested some day. IF he evers leaves the confines of his home.

Could possibly just be my paranoid thoughts also.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Maybe they plan a Cooperesque type of rubout......
The cops are not about leaving a chance to shoot someone unclaimed.
Thats why theyre cops to start with......

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Cops are people to and I'd like to think alot of them are good people who put their lives on the line every working day. Its the actions of bad ones and poor training that have brought all the negetivity on the police and thankfully here we get to hear something good.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Cops need to stop their crap and going to houses to take people.

No-knock warrants and all that BS is DANGEROUS for cops and for people.

What about they put cops in CIVILIANS clothes to watch over the guy... then wait for him to get out of the house to go to work or to the grocery store and ARREST HIM THERE?

I mean how hard is that?

Or even better. Send them a letter saying they have won 1000$ and they need to come take it personally at some government building and once the guy get there, arrest him.

I mean, there's lots of tricks to catch people instead of putting your dumb lives in danger... stupid cops...
edit on 26-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Cop have always had this option.. its called "by way of filing", meaning they'll submit a report to the city attorney/DA... if charges filed, warrant issued.. then go use force.

Unfortunately its rarely used anymore.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

It was a domestic dispute, so we can only assume (and hope) the wife was already safe? Surely they would not walk away if she was in the house with an armed assailant?

So, assuming she was safe, and he was in his own home, with a lawful shotgun, then the police absolutely did the right thing! What an awesome display of common sense.

top topics

join