It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to basics: Google search-Find people they way it is supposed to be!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I was doing some browsing earlier, and stumbled across something I thought I would share. I found this to be quite interesting.

This will *not* work for Internet Explorer.

We are all aware by now that Google uses its own search engine to its advantage to push its own relevancy results in searches, whether we like it or not.

Well, a group of people have taken things into their own hands and created a browser add-on, and even provided you with the source code, that takes Google+ back to the basics, and provides you with clean, simple search results - without bias, paid for results, etc.

With the things happening in social media at the moment, something like this may be more relevant in aiding the search for people, while it works for other things as well, it is more designed, it seems, for social media type searches. I urge you to check out the website, watch the video - it is very interesting, and see what you think!

Many people still like Google, but don't like having their relevancy "chosen" for them by Google. Take your searches back to the basics! Get your Google back! The searches are across all media platforms, not just Google's.

www.focusontheuser.org...

How much better would social search be if Google surfaced results from all across the web? The results speak for themselves. We created a tool that uses Google’s own relevance measure—the ranking of their organic search results—to determine what social content should appear in the areas where Google+ results are currently hardcoded.

All of the information in this demo comes from Google itself, and all of the ranking decisions are made by Google's own algorithms. No other services or APIs are accessed.

The tool provided is a bookmarklet, which is explained in the FAQ.

Be sure to read the short FAQ, too!

www.focusontheuser.org...

Q: Is this a Google product?
A: No. This is a proof of concept built by some engineers at Facebook, Twitter and MySpace and in consultation with several other social networking companies that shows what is possible with social content in Google’s results.

Let me know what you think!

new topics

join