It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay/Lesbian forum section request

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Now you did it.

Ooooh golly!

People are going to think ATS an anti-gay site because gays don't get preferential treatment here.

if not giving someone preferential treatment just because they are a certain way makes you 'anti-them' than whatever. like the few posts above this say, some are just ignorant.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

Conspiracy's in religion and religion, faith and theology are 2 different things altogether the 1st being obviously for conspiracies in religion the latter being of non conspiracy religion, faith and theology, its pretty obvious - at least to me.

Dont get me wrong you are asking for a separate forum topic for the discussion of gay/lesbian things i assume like civil rights, gay marriage etc etc etc - as i said previously its a valid suggestion but seeing the vast amount of topics already on offer here at ATS any one of those things would fit into those categories - its seems that you are trying to completely separate those things from the main topics were there is no need too at least imo anyways

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
this is such a wonderful idea thank
you op for standing straight up.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
if not giving someone preferential treatment just because they are a certain way makes you 'anti-them' than whatever. like the few posts above this say, some are just ignorant.

I know. But it won't stop people who feel that they deserve "something" because they are "_______".

Some feel entitled because of gender.
Melanin content.
Sexual preference.
Religious belief.
Hair colour.

ad nauseum.

ATS is the one place where nothing is sacred, and everyone gets bashed equally.

Except the mods.
(please don't hurt my credit rating!)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

No you cannot have a separate forum.

Request denied.

And no flag either.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Gay/Lesbian forum section request

I don't think there are enough gay/lesbian conspiracies to fill up a forum of their own.
BTW ... you forgot bi, queer and trans-sexuals ... but even adding them in I don't think
would add up to enough for a separate forum. IMHO

edit on 1/26/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

i dont see why you need one

just my humble opinion - but what ever issues you want to discuss will fit perfectly well in the most appropriate sub-fora already hear on ATS

you mention human rigts - hey we are all human [ except me - i am a munkie
] so any human rights issues you have are of concern to all of ATS , it doesnt matter to me or most of ATS [ ignore the religiously driven haters ] - but your human rights are your HUMAN rights - and it doesnt matter weather they are being abused because you are homosesual , of diferent ethnicity , or even ginger
, ATS should stand up for you - and the vast majority will

what does concern me is the nagging suspicion you are after special rights , and additional entitlement - and that is something i do object to

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
...so you say you're gay but don't support gay rights by flagging thread?

The flags are not there for showing support (necessarily). If someone agrees with your idea, they might flag the thread.

I TOTALLY support equal rights for all and I think it's important to keep talking about it. But I don't think there should be an LGBT forum any more than there should be a forum just for men or just for women, or just for dog owners...

Gay rights is a Social Issue and we have a forum for that.
It's one of my favorites.

So, while I support YOU and will speak out for equality every chance I get, I don't think a separate forum is a good idea.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I have friends that are gay, strait, and bi (not all in one of course, they are separate people)

I dont think the aliens landing in your back yard, or the people planning WW III really care what your orientation is.

If you have a topic to discuss, please feel free to do so.

If you really want to separate your self from the rest of those on ATS, there is a link in the upper right corner. Its labeled "LOG OUT". (no I'm not shouting....it appears as all caps on the page)

Why would you want to go on a discussion forum to avoid people?

Not trying to sound mean, I just dont get the logic.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
ohhh god that 'what what in the butt' video hahahahahahaa I have no clue why its so funny but for some reason I can't get ahold of myself hahahaahaah. Ahh... thats great.

Anyways. gays. Are Gay.

And thats okay.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
Yes that's right! There are many gay/lesbians in the world and it would be nice to see an actual forum section on this for ATS. The forum section would be beneficial as myself being gay to review gay info such as human rights, conspiracy related etc etc. Anyone gay or lesbian reading this please click the flag word next to the thread post if you want the same to let the administration do this .

edit on 26-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

No. No. No. again No.

Your not gaying out ATS.

First it's the forums, then you want Staff then you want the Website.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Yip, I agree! And then hopefully the rabidly anti-gay crowd will stay out of the forum and leave us alone!

Why come here if you want to be left alone, why not simply go to a gay / lesbian website?

The fact that you have a different sexuality to me is totally and utterly irrelevant to me and the vast majority of other ATS members.
Should we have heterosexual forums, or one for ginger's or maybe one for people who are left-handed.

What a stupid, negative and reactionary attitude.

In addition I'm sure T&C cover anti-gay bigotry.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The question is why cannot gays/lesbians be entitled to a forum section while interacting with each other, including nongays who are interested in our way of living as an equal which is unique like any other straight person but yet has a suppression from religion and homophobic powers that be who want to rid us of as that equal in marriage, career and anything else.

But you're not understanding....that already exists here on ATS. Why do you insist on reinventing something that already exists? As far as forcing everyone here to "like" you as a homosexual, and to treat you equally...well, that probably won't happen, even if ATS did give you all your own forum. It would be moderated the same way all the other forums are moderated, but there's no way to enforce a homosexual utopia in which everyone loves gays and lesbians. ATS encourages thoughtful debate. To create a special forum for gays in which there is no adversity, (not to be confused with breaking the decorum rules here), would go against the very fabric of what makes ATS tick. If everyone here crapped rainbows all day long and no one disagreed with each other, we wouldn't get very far. We wouldn't force each other to look outside of our own blinders enough to consider other viewpoints.

I am confused as to how you consider someone's religious beliefs would automatically make them homophobic. The two are entirely different. Having different views on the homosexual lifestyle, religiously based or not, does not a homophobe make. I just wanted to clarify that.

I also don't mind an anti gay person who doesn't see myself as an equal in life but even still bring on the hate and want to see some posts because I'm sure there will be useful info posted by someone of all kinds, the good the bad, the polarty of both.

Welcome to ATS! As I said earlier, you've already got that, so what's the problem?

I'm talking about issues and the conspiracy of all forms directing toward One section on the ATS forum, that is the lesbian/gay forum! Why not have this section there's religious conspiracy and theology, creationism etc.

Really its no different then going to breaking alternative news then seeing no news having to go to fragile earth for its news to discuss an issue or read a conspiracy on our earth . Hopefully you can understand what I mean.

I get what you're saying, but your logic is connecting in ways that aren't making sense. Philosophies and belief systems have a very large impact on the way people perceive and discuss conspiracies and the like. So again, what does your penis have to do with that? Granted, you may have two heads, but you should only be thinking with the big one!
That's the only one you need for this place. You're equating your sexuality with the likes of religion and philosophy, and it's just not in the same category.

Let me put it to you like this. No one here has been divided or segregated by anything physical in nature, only by our thoughts and beliefs...intangibles. For you to come on feeling entitled to be the first to have a forum that separates you and others by something physical in nature....well, that would be opening a can of worms that would pave the way for countless others to feel like they are entitled to forums that cater to their physical differences. What a crazy mess that would be! Just be an ATS'er like the rest of us. If you want to engage in gay topics, have at it!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Op just wants a safe environment to discuss how fabulous Gaga and kylies hotpants are.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I can see it now ....

I have a friend (who is gay) says he was abducted as a child but i'm not sure which forum to post this.
Does it go in 'UFO / Abductions' or 'Gays who have seen UFO's or been Abducted' ?

Ridiculous. Nobody here cares about if you are gay or not. You are part of the ATS COMMUNITY. Stop trying to put yourself in your own little labeled box
edit on 26/1/12 by Plumbduff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Your posts are #ing killing me....tootskaboodles
edit on 26-1-2012 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

good call !!

i am hetro, but work for a gay business, and it has always worried me that there are no lgbt related issue forums on ats!

To all the complete homophobes on here trying to justify their critisizim of this idea by calling segregation ... shut the hell up you morons , if this is the case why not get rid of all the bloody forum on this site so their is no segregation at all.

@12voltz , @jerryznv , @operation mindcrime ... your argument is completly invalid (i only pointed you out from the first page as i have not read the rest as i know it will be exactly the same).

hell,why not just get rid of the ufo, 9/11, tea party, space exploration and breaking news forums and instead combine them into one complete mess of a forum! ... after all, its what you think the gay issues should be treated like.

Fact is, LGBT topics SHOULD have their own forum as there is a whole NON SEXUALY related sub culture relating to LGBT issues that many people done care about, and blatently dont even realise even exist!

for instance , issues like the recent ZULU kings mistranslations (or were they) being taken as homophobic slurs, stories like the history of Alan Turing and his forced sterilization by the government he helped win a war, the whole gay marridge issues and so on.

so, as much as many of you dont like it LGBT issues (thats lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered to you who are wondering what the abreviation means) deserve a forum of its own just as much as 9/11 or religion ....

i mean come on people (and ats admins) ... we currently have a freaking paranormal forum where the mentaly ill come together and make up stories of demons and a forum where people can come and make up any crap they want ( skunk works / grey area), and the religion forums which are pretty much a combination of the skunk works/paranormal forums !!!

i think i have made my point.

and hell, if ATS show blatent homophobic tendencies and dont create an LGBT forum... just google pinkmap uk (NOT com) and use ours!

edit on 26-1-2012 by boaby_phet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

So you want equal treatment....

Yet you want to segregate yourself from everyone else by having "special forums"

anyone else see the issue with this?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

nope, i see absolutely no issue with this except peoples complete irational fear of gay people and gay ideals!

giving gay / LGBT issues their own forum is just as segregating as giving the truthers / birthers / 9/11 fanatics / middle east followers and so on there own forums!

so , are you saying that the middle east forum is segregation as their news is seperated from the other forums ??

seriously chill the freak out people!! YOU WONT CATCH GAY FROM SEEING GAY PEOPLE POST GAY STUFF UNLESS YOU ARE GAY ... (i am proof of this!)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Wow..I think calling everybody opposed to a Gay/Lesbian Forum a Homophobe is a bit of a stretch.

I couldn't care less what a persons sexual preferences are and therefore i see no need to separate people into forums based on their gender.

I think you should retract that remark and apologize to everybody that you have just offended with YOUR prejudice.

Cosmic..

Additional: Ah i see you've now altered it slightly to ATS being Homophobic...Epic Fail.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join