It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google censorship getting worse by the day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Have you got this message in Google Search?

"In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org."

Thousands of websites have been removed from Google, and more being removed in daily basis. Some search terms have the whole first page removed and replaced by the above message.

The new laws against freedom of speech is spreading to Europe, Europeans are protesting it, Americans protested too, but that didn't make any difference.

We complain about China, or Iran, or Burma, or Saudi Arabia, we stared down at those countries, now the devil is coming to haunts us and we will be stared down at soon is well.

How far will this go? Maybe one day Google will replace ATS results with "In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org."

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
stop using google then, boycott them.

many different search engines exist, you are not forced to use google for anything. I've added anything google to adblock and my hosts file and if I hit a website that wont work due to having google embeded code, so be it, one less waste of time to affect me with google.

the only one thing I may frequent is youtube, but only to see what the fuss is about if it's linked to. Personally, if I want to link a video I'll just use a dyndns service and set it up myself.

google lost all of my respect a long time ago, which is a shame as they were the first search engine I found after metacrawler went up the creek, that I stuck with.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

We complain about China, or Iran, or Burma, or Saudi Arabia, we stared down at those countries, now the devil is coming to haunts us and we will be stared down at soon is well.

Not sure if you are old enough to remember, but back in the 80's we use to make jokes about Russia's policing of their citizens and the ridiculous brutality they inflicted upon them. I'm not making jokes about Russia anymore because we have far surpassed them on that particular area of tyranny.

We are now catching up to China with all this Internet censorship BS, all we need is a couple Youtube videos of American mobile organ harvesting ambulances or a video or 2 of a 4 year old getting repeatedly run over by trucks with no one coming to help, and we are toe to toe with China.

Correction.... we already have those videos, people getting stabbed and dying in the street as passers by look but do nothing.

edit on 26-1-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Can't blame Google for this, go to that chillingeffects.org and look how many DMCA notices Google (and others) are receiving, it's madness! Everyone's gone copyright mad!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
What is funny about Google's policy is that you can still find the links. Say Google removes a link because it contains copyright material. If you read the complaint, it will list the link that is supposed to be removed.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Good post. I am going to save the URL and will definitely visit again.
www.newsflap.com...

new topics

top topics

join