It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe that you were someone else in a previous life if so do you know who?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I believe I must've lived before don't know who I was but I must've been someone fairly wealthy and probably cruel or at least insensitive to other people and the reason so is that my life has been anything but satisfactory now or maybe I was cursed. I am the complete opposite of what I thought I was in a previous life but the life I lead now is just stagnant, barely surviving so I assume payback. Wish I knew just what do you know yours?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I'm old and have had this dream all my life......Always scared of deep holes in the ground,and in the dream,a flattened corpse buried next to my thoughts....I'm thinking,past life or lost forgotten trauma.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Always had a good feeling this wasnt the first time on this planet. I know i was in a war, not sure which one on which side. I believe that re-incarnation exists for some out there and that their are some souls that come back for certain events in the timeline like War. Who knows for sure really?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

My wife visited a psychic that told her I was a gladiator in my previous life. She said I was eaten by a lion in the Roman Colosseum.
My wife believed her because a few weeks before, I purchased a marble statue of a gladiator on a chariot. You would think I would have a fear of lions, which I don't. Here's a picture of a similar marble statue I purchased.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
For some reason I remember the events of the Mount Saint Hellens eruption but I wasn't born until 1991. I always thought that was weird.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Lovely statue!

I've never had any dreams or memories but I always have a strange feeling like I am trying desperately to remember something I can't quite remember. I feel I was a man in a previous life for some reason....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I personally believe i am the Archangel Gabriel.. will make a thread with the reasons once i am able to.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I have that same statue...a replica carved out of wood.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

i was A king...

a very well known king

en.wikipedia.org...

was king of the Neo-Babylonian Empire, who reigned c. 605 BC – 562 BC. According to the Bible, he conquered Judah and Jerusalem, and sent the Jews into exile. He is credited with the construction of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and also known for the destruction of the First Temple. He is featured in the Book of Daniel and is also mentioned in several other books of the Bible. The Akkadian name, Nabû-kudurri-uṣur, means "Oh god Nabu, preserve/defend my firstborn son". Nabu is the Babylonian deity of wisdom, and son of the god Marduk. In an inscription, Nebuchadnezzar styles himself as Nabu's "beloved" and "favourite".[2][3]

proof you ask??

well i don't have any PHOTOS ,, if you ask.. but it was as i remember it..
edit on 1/25/12 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Its interesting how reincarnation works actually.

Take this one case for example: Theres a guy in regression therapy who recalls that in a past life he murdered a young girl. In his next life he CHOSE to be a girl in an abusive family for in order to ADVANCE as a SOUL he needed to experience what he had caused another, that is how we advance as souls, through experience and it all relates to karma.

I have frequent visions of being in the desert, with my family, we are native Americans. I am a senior member of the tribe and it is a war situation. I have violent images, they persist until 'the silence', I know it sounds very morbid, but it is the most extreme memories from past lives that we can readily recall, things that have made an imprint on your soul. So anyway I was a skinny man, not too tall, bald, I wore some sort of eagle headdress and had a strong wife. We fought and we lived, for the good of our people. That is all I can really say, because you don;t receive information, you recieve feelings and visions, and its up to you to decipher what they mean.

ETA: I have also had very vivid visions of being somewhere in the amazon with my family, and I prepare ayahuasca for our community, very vivid and I actually go and find the right barks and trees, even down to the brewing of it, I know this because afterward I watched a doco on it and it was the exact same process that I did in my vision.........strange, maybe it was in equador.
edit on 26-1-2012 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
I believe I must've lived before don't know who I was but I must've been someone fairly wealthy and probably cruel or at least insensitive to other people and the reason so is that my life has been anything but satisfactory now or maybe I was cursed. I am the complete opposite of what I thought I was in a previous life but the life I lead now is just stagnant, barely surviving so I assume payback. Wish I knew just what do you know yours?

Note to the OP: Please read the fourth paragraph if you don't want to read the whole post as it is about something you said specifically.

Past lives are one of the many things I'm extremely interested in and I believe I'm a pretty old soul and have had many lives though I'm only in touch with a few of them. I've believed for about 5 years now that my most recent life before this one was as a soldier, probably American, in Vietnam where I died. I have a memory of being in one of those long trucks with the cover over the back as part of a small convoy and we were playing music really loud, I think I even know what song was playing, it was Time of the season by The Zombies. I've used the song to give me a rough estimate of when I may have been killed which was probably between 1968 when the song came out and the peak of American involvement in the war and 1970. One interesting thing to note is that until I discovered this memory I did not know when Time of the season was released, I only found out after I looked up the song online that it came out during Vietnam. There is more to that memory though as it is a memory of my death.

We were driving along with the music playing very loud when there was an explosion and a lot of gunfire. The truck stopped and everyone piled out of the back of the truck and ran into the trees to try and take up a defensive position. I remember fighting for only about 30 seconds before everyone around me, only about 10 people, were either dead or gone so I ran deeper into this bamboo-looking forest. As I was running I felt a push on my back and everything went black, I assume I was shot. I'm only 21 now so this memory is of course possible.

I have another more feint memory of being alive during I believe the 1800s, probably in America. The memory is very feint and It's hard to judge how old it is. The only thing I can remember is that I had a small house that looks like it could have come from during the cowboy era of America. It was made entirely of wood but it didn't look like a log cabin, the boards were cut flat. The walls had wallpaper in some parts, it was blue with white flowers, I believe this was in the kitchen. I remember my house was the only building within view of someone standing anywhere near it. I also remember the land around it was fairly short, yellow-ish grass and it was pretty flat land. Behind the house, way off in the distance, I could see a tall mountain that had snow on the top and it was the only one I could see from the house. The memory is basically just a view looking towards my house from the front, inside my house, and behind it. As I said, it's very feint and I've only recently discovered it so I'm not completely sure if it's a memory or not yet but it does feel right.

I also wanted to say that, in reference to what you said about being cruel and insensitive in a past life, I believe that we choose the lives we want to have before we are born and there are many factors that go into that choice. Anything bad that you may be experiencing in this life is not necessarily because of something you did in a previous life. I do believe that karma exists but I'm just saying that it may not be the sole reason for your troubles. My present life has been pretty bad as well but in order for me to be given the life I have now through karma, I would have had to be drastically different within one life time and I don't think I could have changed that fast. I do however think that I would have made these sacrifices in order to teach myself something or in order to help someone else.

This is the longest post I've made so far on ATS and I know most people won't read it so thank you very much if you do. I'm very interested in the subject and I guess I just had a lot to say about it. I will be glad to answer any questions anyone has for me and thanks again to anyone who reads this.

edit on 26-1-2012 by AlphaX because: I originally said to read the third paragraph, I meant forth.

edit on 26-1-2012 by AlphaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Wow hectic posts and thread!

I believe in reincarnation, however I do not know for sure who I was.

I've never had a singular insight on it.

However, there is also an exterior way of telling.

What have you you collected, what cultures have you liked and surrounded yourself with?
Is their a consistent behavior that could be a sign?

I have a duel memory, as far as I believe it is real.
I think I was a female tribal woman with long hair, and a male prisoner of some sort.
I may confuse them, because they were both fairly short lives.
The male prisoner incarnation I tried to discuss a long time ago on ATS, but people said this would disturb their ancestors (even though many of them believe in reincarnation, and actually trace such narratives).
So I think it is best just to guess and listen to what people will say too, which I did.

I'm pretty certain I wasn't anybody important.
But maybe people would rather believe that I was Cleopatra, than in the greatest genocides in history, where millions and millions of forgotten people died.
edit on 26-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
galactanet.com...

As bizzare as this short story is, it makes a lot of sense

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
When I was 6 years old, my family visited a heritage village attraction. I recall peering into a log cabin and being totally transfixed by what I saw. This particular cabin impacted me in a way that none of the other structures there did. Since then, I have always had this sense of "connection" with log cabins, the smell in side of them, and anything related to pioneer life in the 1820's - 1830's era (not even sure why I feel compelled to zero in on those decades). This "connection" sense I could also describe as one of "this means something to me". But I don't know exactly what.

This experience, I think, has left me feeling very open-minded to the possibility that we have past lives.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I told my wife once that I thought I may have been a caveman or neanderthal in a previous life, because I had vague memories of hunting outside, fires, living in the snow - which I never have. She looked at me with a poker-face and calmly stated THAT. EXPLAINS. EVERYTHING.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

cool statue can't always believe the psychics hope your wife checked her out first!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I asked once in meditation if re-incarnation was a valid experience and that night after I went to bed I relived the last few hours of my last lifetime, or so I believe.

I was a native american working for the US Gov training cross breed dogs, they were half wolf and half regular dogs.
My "pack" got lose and when we were trying to recapture them, the alpha ripped my throat out and I died. All of my life I was afraid of dogs, until I had this dream, then the fear kind of melted into healthy respect for dogs in general. I used to see them and just freeze in place or walk a mile around them, don't have to do that anymore although I am still cautious.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I was Alexender the Greats chief Unich, hw I know is because whenever i see nut crackers, I cringe. lol That was on the tv series Red Dwarf, still funny tho.

I do believe in pastlives and do believe we have lived and died hundreds or thousands of times only to be reborn again.
edit on 6-8-2012 by BazRaza7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Judging by the karma I've had in this life I've limited my guesses to:

The ENTIRE Third Reich
The Bubonic Plague
Nero
Tamerlane
Ed Gein
or... the guy who invented sales tax...

Had to be one of those.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
When I was a young girl I used to have the worst headaches, wake up with them from sleep and babble, they were worse than migraines. These headaches will make sense toward the end of my story.

I was probably 10-11 years old and was staying over with cousins at my Grandma's house, my aunt was there too. I woke with this headache from hell with both my Grandma and Aunt standing over me not knowing what to do, when my aunt looks at my grandma and says "Moma, it sounds like she's speaking another language" I was, but after this incident, my headaches were gone, to happen no more. The first piece of the puzzle was in place, has been like playing charades, figure this clue out and you may proceed.

Next clue was my teen years and the music and dance style I was attracted to. I was singing some song from the 20's - 30's and dancing the jitterbug in yet again my grandma's front yard. She looked at me and said "Child, how do you know how to do that, that was from my younger years?" I said, "I don't know grandma, I just like it."

Going forward, while I was in High School I had a strong pull to wanting to learn the German Language, go to Germany to visit, like I wanted to see something again. Couldn't shake it. I have started to learn German, but it's really hard on your jaws, it hurts. LOL....

When I was 19-20 I had a vision of a blonde young woman, very beautiful, standing at a cliff face looking back at a beautiful white house, rather large, expensive.. and she wanted to jump, tears were on her face, looking back, looking down. That's where it ended at that time.

This has taken me 38 years to uncover/unravel but I have come to figure it out. With a little help from an outside person, who knows this stuff.

I was a young German girl in the late 1930's born into poverty in Germany named Hulda. I caught the eye of an older Colonel in the Nazi Regime whom wanted to marry me, we did, his name was Hammet. When Germany was invaded by the American soldiers and the Nuremburg trials were to begin, I, as Hulda, did everything I could to try and get my husband out of the country and into Switzerland, by doing something that absolutely enraged him, I slept with American soldiers to deter their suspicions and keep them away from my husband.

This, Hammet could not tolerate, he was cruel to the staff of our home and encouraged me to be also, always letting me know that they were less than human, americans too were less than human, this is when I ran from the house and wanted to die.

Things cleared up between us, he knew that he would be taken and arrested as the occupation of American and British troops had invaded fully, it was only a matter of time, but, he was not a coward, to run to Switzerland. He poured me a cup of tea and waited, I fell over onto the table and he scooped me up and placed me in the bed and he lay down behind me holding me and took the Cianide tablet also. We died together, he murdered me, and killed himself.

The headaches question was answered, it is a horrible pain. When I met my husband in this life, he was studying German/german language program. Knows four languages all together. I have a soul mate situation with my husband, who is in this life also older than me by 8 years, he owes me in this lifetime and is trying to make ammends for this atrocity in the last life, karmic debt. As he felt he was the only "human" then, he was born in another country who believes every human/animal etc., has the God Spark in them, and are worthy of respect. I happen to agree. Karma is very real. And those debts will be payed through re-incarnation.

We both are drawn to German films sometimes. Old ways are hard to forget. And I, to German music and just discovering it. But, when the debt has been payed, people sometimes move on and apart. I really no longer feel the need to visit Germany or anything else about it. The mystery had been solved.

Thanks for reading. I'm glad someone made this thread OP. S&F

top topics

join