It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Movement Exposes Uncomfortable Facts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by mastahunta

Yeah how many Americans use credit to buy flat screen TVs and then complain when they can't afford the payments.

I don't use credit cards or purchase anything with credit. I use cash. If you don't have the cash to pay for something and betting on being able to pay it down the road you are betting on future which is totally uncertain. If you can't afford something, don't buy it and especially don't finance it.

I'm glad you are awesome but things that aren't realistic... Not using credit, not borrowing from banks to finance a house or a car, not driving an automobile and only riding around in bicycles, not taking any medications from pharmacies, public school students having the same opportunities as those that go to private schools, etc.

The system is rigged, the Elites enslave us all in one way or another. Just because you think you are free from the banks doesn't make you immune to other rigged systems. I'm not saying I would actually occupy Wall St. myself but to shun them or talking about them in a condescending way is just playing into the Elites ways...

Just think about the state we are in. We are constantly made to think this world is unstable and we need to go to war to alleviate from the evildoers. This is the Elites strategy for tyranny...

"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny." -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

All I know is that I fully support OWS and what they are doing, because they are standing up for us ALL. Even if you hate them, they are trying to make your life and your kids lives better.

I wish OWS would stop claiming to be standing up for me and my kids. My message to OWS is to stay the hell away from me and especially my kids. They do not know whats best for me or my family and their actions are proof.
Stay the hell away.

wtf are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Confessions of an Economic Hitman

Perkins defines economic hit men as "highly paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. They funnel money from the World Bank, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and other foreign ‘aid' organizations into the coffers of huge corporations and the pockets of a few wealthy families who control the planet's natural resources. Their tools include fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, sex, and murder. They play a game as old as empire, but one that has taken on new and terrifying dimensions during this time of globalization."

In Perkins' case, he was hired as an economist for the international consulting firm of Chas. T. Main, Inc. (MAIN). He was told in confidential meetings with "special consultant" to the company Claudine Martin that he had two primary objectives:

1. He was supposed to justify huge loans for countries. These loans would be for major engineering and construction projects, which were to be carried out by MAIN and other U.S. companies such as Bechtel, Halliburton, Stone & Webster and Brown & Root.

2. He was supposed to help bankrupt the countries that received these loans after the U.S. companies involved had been paid. This would make sure that these countries would remain in debt to their creditors and would then be easy targets when the U.S. needed favors such as military bases, UN votes and access to natural resources like oil.

147 Companies that Rule the World

The ignorance here is astounding sometimes.
OWS seem to be the only ones fighting the Corporatocracy, anyone who even TRIES in government is a) shut up, or b) killed (see jfk). The corporate entities rule over you like the royalty of the past. The only difference now is they most people have the illusion of wealth, and they have made us reliant on it so that to just survive we need to play their game.
You may want to learn some things before insulting the only people that are standing against it, for you to have a choice in your government. And its not just you now, so stop being a tool.
Its the world, Multinational corporations are -the- reason (aside from corrupt politicians of course) for poverty. Read the damn book, its a PDF, so there is no excuse to learn something. This is what OWS is fighting. The corporatocracy is in control of you, and your kids. Your kids have no damn future as of right now, because by the time they do, they will be repaying the debt for the mistakes of corporations. Sorry, but the big bankers/corps own everything, they own you too btw (birth cert ). The world bank, imf, fed, they own everything. They own 80% of everything. Thats globally my friend. Its no coincidence that Libya set up a central bank after Gadaffi was killed. Its no coincidence that we went to war with iraq. Read the book. Sources are in book for further reading.

Seriously, the information is all out there for everyone to see. People are too concerned with little things when there is a huge #ing monster ripping the world to pieces. We do not have democratic capitalism, thats just a clever name for oligarchy. The elite control it all, and if you think electing a new face into government is going to change that, its not. It won't happen. Bought and paid for. You have two choices. Paper or plastic.

Carlin was spot on 30 damn years ago. And the founding fathers warned us of what would happen as well as various other presidents and other men of great stature. Just be happy knowing that your children will be paying the debt off, even though the majority of it is interest on interest, and the rest of it is bailouts and profits to the war machine. While cutting down on things that people need. Like adequate health care, and housing, and food.

There are many, many reasons to be pissed off. Being robbed out of millions and millions of dollars a day. They can collapse a country at will. They've done it. They hold countries hostage with billions of dollars in unpayable debt. Unable to feed their own people or provide electricity or basic standards of living.

Deny ignorance or gtfo. OWS may be the only thing standing between you, and indebted slavery for the rest of your life. And you know what the kicker is? THEY'VE DONE IT BEFORE. Most of us are just too stupid to learn from history.

The Federal Reserve OWNS YOU

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Just like any other movement that challenges the rigged system we live in, the occupy movement suffers from the same fate as the tea party, they both were labeled politically when there is usually no party affiliation at all. There are some issues that both parties are similar on.

Our fascist government throws labels on these movements so the idiot citizens will attack each other instead of the richest elites. And guess what, it works every time. It is a strategy that elites have used for hundreds of years across the globe. They are super intelligent psychopaths who know how to control human behavior and public opinion to benefit themselves. They have created a system which has trained us since birth to do what they want. Its easy to see the signs when you educate yourself on the subject.

Most people are so busy bickering among themselves about trivial issues that the elite are free to rape and pillage the world as they please. Forget about labels and petty differences of opinion. The only thing that matters is that the entire system is corrupt and the richest people in the world control everything. They want to eliminate us "inferior" humans. It has a lot to do with eugenics.

We either band together now and try to salvage what little freedom and resources we have left, or we are all going to learn the hard way when this unsustainable system collapses around us.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

You posted as i was writing mine and i just had to post again and say great post. I credit carlin for starting to wake me up, and after many years of research i realize just how right he was.

Its like this matrix of a world we live in is some kind of twisted, sick dream where you cant wake up. I dont think the average person can even comprehend the horrific things going on with our government and the corporations that run it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashes of the wake

You posted as i was writing mine and i just had to post again and say great post. I credit carlin for starting to wake me up, and after many years of research i realize just how right he was.

Its like this matrix of a world we live in is some kind of twisted, sick dream where you cant wake up. I dont think the average person can even comprehend the horrific things going on with our government and the corporations that run it.

No, I do not think they can either. I haven't even scratched the surface, most of this is just the surface of what is really going on. I fear its not good for us. I fear it will come to war. Us vs Them. They have the resources to violently oppress us when necessary. They don't need to use the military when they have their own private military that does not care about US citizens.
I am glad Americans don't have nearly as many gun laws as we do here in Canada(if SHTF, send some our way). I can't buy an automatic weapon (fail, i know). I hope for a better outcome, i hope that people in government realize what is going to happen, or what is going on. The global collapse will be the sign, it is coming eventually.

It would be hard to grasp for a mind accustomed to pop music, american idol, and booze.
History, We must learn to learn from it.
edit on 26/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Collapse is inevitable under our current system. Ive been trying to prepare but it isnt easy. Im afraid its going to get really rough very soon. It boggles my mind thinking of the consequences we face.

Best of luck to you and your family in the coming years.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashes of the wake

Collapse is inevitable under our current system. Ive been trying to prepare but it isnt easy. Im afraid its going to get really rough very soon. It boggles my mind thinking of the consequences we face.

Best of luck to you and your family in the coming years.

It is very hard,
Im paying the bills, but not much after that when it comes to disposable income. But i know when to get out (or at least the rough estimate). Ill make an excuse if i have to. No one wants to accept the truth, and only will when it is too late to do so.
They have mastered the art of psychology. They know how to brainwash you. And the main culprit is the television. magazines. Lots of "empty calories" really, not really about anything. Like cosmo magazine, and crap like that 'teen' magazine. The art of distraction is amazing. Its marketing and advertising, they know how to hook people in to buying, or doing something. I can't even stand commercials now "Buy these two couches and get a 60" flat panel LED tv for half price! only 3000! *financing available*. Must have that awesome deal right?

But we will be victorious. We have some very fine people on our side against evil, and they shall make themselves known eventually.
edit on 26/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I was also surprised at how many people on this website were against occupy wall street, let alone average people who don't go to this site.

Don't be. Mainstream media outlets are corporately owned by some of the largest big business companies such as GE, Time Warner, Viacom, Murdock Fox and a few others. They hold a monopoly and will of course spin stories that conflict with their "interests". That's not even getting into the conspiracy part (if it exists and I believe it does) of elite organizations (policy makers) like the Bilderbergers and others and their direction of context. They do well to manipulate public opinion on all issues especially issues that would affect them.

Add to that the extreme polarization of ideology and the team mentality of "if they look like hippies then they are my enemy" and the 3 minute attention span of the average American and that's the end result you are left with.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have often wondered what the rich people and companies would spend all that money on, I doubt they could even spend the interest, let alone the principle, so just why do they keep wanting more and more money? unless its spent, its useless, cannot eat it, cannot wear it, makes no sense to me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

star and flag, supported by life, if you take it all away i have nothing left to lose.

my answer.

good post op

top topics

<< 1   >>

join