It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cloaking' a 3-D object from all angles demonstrated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Researchers have "cloaked" a three-dimensional object, making it invisible from all angles, for the first time.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Worth a look if nothing else.......

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

However, the idea is unlikely to work at the visible light part of the spectrum.

Why do they always tease us... It only works at microwave length and not the visible spectrum

Still, maybe one day!!

S&F

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Interesting stuff! Good proof of theory too

Pretty sure it'll just take some time before they figure out how to do it with light...(or they'll just decide it's easier to go with one of the other way's they're cloaking stuff these days)

I wonder if they would eventually be able to use a similar process to cancel out other wavelengths too like radar and sonar?

You can bet the military is light years ahead on this concept already and we're just now starting to hear about it.
edit on 25-1-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Mainidh:
Yeah, I saw that bit too....knocked the wind out of my sails a little.......oh well, one step closer hey! However you never know what lurks out there and how it operates hey!?

Coldkidc:

Yep, agreed.......I'm sure we are drip fed info, i'm also sure they are not going to broadcast the latest findings immiediatley are they? I agree, they are probalbly 20 steps ahead....................Maybe?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You have to question what triggered them to start experimenting with cloaking technology. The first time our government experimented with cloaking was the Philadelphia Experiment, in which the government has denied that the experiment ever took place.

Science has always thought it was impossible to bend light rays around an object. Maybe observing UFO's cloaking themselves was the spark they needed to start experimenting with this technology?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I have never heard of that before......will look it up if I can find anything about it?

Yeah you would have to be right, why else would someone want to do this.....ok, it would make a great battlefield trick...........Ta Darrrrrrrr..........POW!!!!

Also, I was thinking about black holes I.e. The even horizon........light tends to bend then completely dissapear........but then again I don't know enough about this to even comment......don't want to look silly

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Awesome!
Now we can make objects that are invisible to bees!
Fake flowers, fake hives ....
That'll teach 'em to go an die off on us.

Very misleading title, agreed.

top topics

join