It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 7

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

hmm, ok. Yeah, I tried the restore. That didn't work at all.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Turn off automatic updates!!!!

Automatic updates caused my PC to hang and fail epically especially while playing BF3.

Solution, I uninstalled one update, fixed it, now I turned automatic updates off, they dont really help you but only help microsoft root out pirates.

Arrgh!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
You should always buy windows from Microsoft if you want to make sure this kind of thing doesnt happen. So did you buy your current version of windows off craigs list or did the guy who put your computer together provide it?

-PhoenixOD (Microsoft Certified Professional).

edit on 26-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
When I bought the computer it was already on there. That's how I bought it. So, pre-installed. I guess. When I checked the history of the OS system, that is the only OS that was ever installed on this computer and that was on August 8th. I read it wrong thinking it was was on Feb. 11. When it I thought, it was Feb.8, I had it backwards. Everything was suppose to go with the computer. Office and windows.That's why I bought it. To prevent the dang hassle of the last time I bought Windows 7.

No, not off craigslist. I hired someone to build me a computer.

edit on 27-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Go to Control Panel/System and look down on the right side. There should be a blue "Genuine Microsoft" logo there. Otherwise it should say "30 Days to Activate" or whatever number of days remain. It may just be an Error.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Is the date and time right on your comp?

If the date is wrong for some reason it will do that.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Go to Control Panel/System and look down on the right side. There should be a blue "Genuine Microsoft" logo there. Otherwise it should say "30 Days to Activate" or whatever number of days remain. It may just be an Error.

Well it was there when I first got it, but after the updates it changed. The guy is claiming that someone copied my key number. No one in my house but I knows how to work a computer. I'm the DIY. So, no one could of possibly copied on en route or at home. I just don't get it. I paid for the key on Microsoft. It's done and over with. Doubt he'll be fair to give me a partial refund on the system itself.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Heard ya. I too have seen that happen, after installing a service pack.
You can either call Microsoft and be on the phone for a few hours, and getting a new number, or there are other methods. Send me a U2 if you need another method.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Same here bought a new netbook with Ultimate and full MS Office. About 1 1/2 years later it decided it was a fake. Brand new from a reputable source but in the end no help what so ever from anybody. got the fake numbers just tokeep going. A pain

top topics

<< 1   >>

join