It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous "endorses" Ron Paul. This is getting SERIOUS. (Maybe)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So Anonymous is going to try to shut down CNN for their bias. This is pretty crazy. Imagine 50 years from now when our children will learn about "Anonymous" in history books. What would it say. Were they for the cause of good. Were they for the cause of Bad?

Does anyone still think they are secretly the CIA?

This is kind of exciting but I'm still on the fence when it comes to whether or not I "trust" Anonymous. Its funny because then the media will have to report on the reason they got hacked.....

So uh....we got hacked.....because people think we ignore Ron Paul. They don't have any coverage stats to back up that they are reporting fairly.

edit on 25-1-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

Dear FreedomXisntXFree,

If they shut down the transmissions, how are they any different than those who would censor the internet? I thought the point was to make information public and not to censor the free flow of it. I found an easier way to avoid mainstream media, I unplugged my television three years ago and it was my choice.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I guess we'll see if this is actually anon or someone trying to draw attention to the unfair treatment of Dr. Paul. I hope it is the latter. This could blowback in Dr. Paul's face and have the opposite effect than what they claim they are trying to accomplish.

link   
mm i think this isnt from anon, i could be wrong, but the anon vids ive seen always have had their" expect us speech, and if you go to youtube this person put instructions on how to requests, and links for software for it... i dont think anon would need help with that lol

link   
I'm so tired of Anonymous and their cult-like mentality. Seriously.. Ron Paul? Makes me laugh.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
They put but internet freedom at risk and now as well as Ron Paul's candidacy?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yes, but if they take down CNN in the name of "equal reporting" then it will inform "sheep" that People are ticked off with the BIAS. Some people don't understand or see through the tactics the Media uses to "pull the wool over their eyes".

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Actually the video says its only going to shut it down for the other candidates responses.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

HA! So we know anon is the hero of OWS...that's a given. I've always said OWS should support RP based on his views and I got a ton of crap for making that suggestion. I even had OWS'ers tell me they couldn't stand RP.

He is getting screwed by the MSM, but OWS or anon have never come to his aid before.

Change of heart about RP by OWS (and the 99%)??

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think it kind of cool that someone or some group is standing up for equal rights for everyone. So many people have become sheeple that they forget we have rights, and that we don't want our rights messed with.

Ron Paul has just as much right to get the same amount of air time as anyone else. I don't know anything about him, but he must have equal rights, and equal opportunity.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
weren't they suppose to "shut down" a bunch of banks the other day??? That didn't happen..he!! 1/2 the stuff put up here about Anon never comes to anything..so why is this different?

I will watch tomorrow night..but I seriously DOUBT they do anything..

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Anonymous is proving itself a force not to be reckoned with. There are members everywhere and they are loosely affiliated. They cannot be tracked due to their technical understanding of the entire system.

The government cannot stop the rise of liberty and the pursuit of freedom which are principles endorsed by Ron Paul and heavily sought after by all Americans.

Freedom is what gave birth to electricity, cars, airplanes, the telephone, bifocal glasses, the lightning rod, the engine, the internet. Taking away freedom would only destroy the individuality that humanity relies on to evolve.

That is why this movement is unstoppable and even if Ron Paul loses then we have still won by injecting the ideals of liberty and freedom into society.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

All Ron Paul has to do is ignore them, or casually tell them, "thanks for your support". Just because a group of hackers endorses you, it doesn't mean you're a hacker, or your policies will be good for criminals. If anything it goes to show that this guy has mass appeal.

Remember Rev. Jeremiah Wright? He supported Obama. He also said a great many words that rustled feathers across the country and bothered Mr. President. So what did Obama do? He disavowed him.

If a homicidal maniac says he/she likes ModernAcademia, are you also a homicidal maniac? Should I completely skip beyond judging a book by it's cover and judge a book by another book's cover?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris

Remember Rev. Jeremiah Wright? He supported Obama. He also said a great many words that rustled feathers across the country and bothered Mr. President. So what did Obama do? He disavowed him.

So whats going to happen when Ron Paul disavows a bunch of internet terrorists?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

yes it's Anonymous,

and yet it's not ANONYMOUS

perhaps i should say this is a Ron Paul Fan
of some skill, yet you can;t say he's a hacker other than providing
lincks for loic [what's up with that? isn't there an official safe link]

also i believe it's possible to find out who uploaded those files linked to, bit sloppy IMO

i agree this could also be to make paul look bad or while well intentioned may produce a slight "kiss of death"

are you starting to get it now ?

it could have been anybody

it could even have been somebody who posts on this site

You

Me

or the
OP

anybody can play this game

the trick is maintaining anonymity

edit on 25-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The news media will still be asking him about it 20 years from now.

ZING!

Haha banter banter.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetlyNumb

Anonymous is proving itself a force not to be reckoned with. There are members everywhere and they are loosely affiliated. They cannot be tracked due to their technical understanding of the entire system.

They've accomplished what?

That is why this movement is unstoppable and even if Ron Paul loses then we have still won by injecting the ideals of liberty and freedom into society.

HUH? We've won...but we've accomplished.....???? Awareness?

Maybe if OWS had gotten behind RP from the beginning you'd have a victory to brag about!

edit on 25-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If Ron Paul doesn't publicly condemn this "plan" by Anon and anything happens during the debate...he is sunk.

Getting an endorsement from a hacking group isn't something to be proud of.

He should also publicly reject the support from Anon. Anon just gave RP a headache...and put him in a difficult situation.
edit on 25-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It would be pretty funny if he just said, "they have a point" lol

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
After looking at the comments on the youtube page for the video, it seems quite obvious that this is not from "anonymous." Here's just a few reasons why that I gleaned from the comments:

1. The anon tagline of "expect us," etc. is not at the end of the video.
2. The voice used was not the same synthesized voice anon typically uses.
3. The video description suggests using a VPN in conjunction with the LOIC (Low Orbital Ion Cannon, anon's primary attack method for those without any actual hacking skill) which to my knowledge will only crash the VPN.
4. The name of the poster's account is "AnonymousPaulbot." Really? This reeks.

This is not an "official" anon press release by any means, it looks more like a sloppily done attempt to discredit Ron to me.

<<   2 >>

join