It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook under attack?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

for those of you who are having temporary issues, this could explain some things, i also heard someone say twitter was talking about this.

they say we will thank them later.

i wonder what for

service monitoring
edit on 25-1-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: added service monitoring link

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Not having any problems here in the UK.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Possibly under attack...seems service is mildly intermittent at some times...could mean a lot of things though...so until anon announces they have officially taken down FB...I am going to be of the opinion it is only hypothetical at the moment.

We shall see!

ETA: Just tried mine...working fine...although I am a bit embarrassed to say I have an account!

edit on 25-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
No problems here.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
all websites have downtime no matter how big they are. if people want to makes videos about it then what can i say.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Possibly under attack...seems service is mildly intermittent at some times...could me a lot of things though...so until anon announces they have officially taken down FB...I am going to be of the opinion it is only hypothetical at the moment.

We shall see!

yep im an interested bystander lol ;D

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
had some minor probs but its probably gonna get worse as they gain more experience and numbers

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Definitely down where I am. Funny enough, I navigated over to ATS because FB and Twitter were inaccessible and the Wifey suggested that maybe Anon had something to do with it. So...this is not a case of me reading the post and then "buying into" some hype. Quite the opposite.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
As much as I know. Anon / Lulzsec and antisec are NOT attacking facebook.

They have already said they wont' attack twitter / facebook

blog.games.com...

Protip: Always take threats from an impassioned-but-unorganized group of hacker activists with a grain of salt. A Twitter account representing the global "hacktivists", @AnonOps, has denounced a video recently released threatening to attack Facebook. "Again we must say that we will not attack #Facebook! Again the mass media lie," Anonymous tweeted. So, what's the deal here?

Unfortunately, we can't say for sure. Since Anonymous doesn't have any one particular, identifiable leader calling the shots, it's tough to say whether this truly means that Facebook will be safe from denial of service (DDoS) attacks this weekend. While Anonymous has made several attacks for relatively noble causes in the past, its major problem is its own anonymity.

While @AnonOps is generally considered the "official" Anonymous Twitter account, anyone can create a Twitter or YouTube account under the "Anonymous" moniker and threaten a company with DDoS attacks. Anonymous claims that the mass media has lied, but surely an outlet would rather be "wrong" than to let a potentially imminent attack on a company go unreported in the interest of its readers.

At any rate, it looks like the attack on Facebook will not happen this Saturday, according to the reportedly more official face of Anonymous. The video has since been taken down, but we doubt this is the last time someone either claiming to represent the group or rallying members of the group will threaten Facebook. Your digital farms are should be safe ... for now.

All I know is that Lulzsec have been attacked and are regrouping and anonymous are not attacking facebook,

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I tried to get on there earlier to look at what someone on Twitter said on there, and couldn't, my husband was "OMG is if Facebook down?" ...... I said I guess it is, then I saw on Twitter that it was indeed down .... LOL

My husband is so addicted to Facebook it's unreal, and it is an addiction that has come on in the past year, he had never even been on the interwebs before a year ago!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
As much as I know. Anon / Lulzsec and antisec are NOT attacking facebook.

They have already said they wont' attack twitter / facebook

blog.games.com...

Protip: Always take threats from an impassioned-but-unorganized group of hacker activists with a grain of salt. A Twitter account representing the global "hacktivists", @AnonOps, has denounced a video recently released threatening to attack Facebook. "Again we must say that we will not attack #Facebook! Again the mass media lie," Anonymous tweeted. So, what's the deal here?

Unfortunately, we can't say for sure. Since Anonymous doesn't have any one particular, identifiable leader calling the shots, it's tough to say whether this truly means that Facebook will be safe from denial of service (DDoS) attacks this weekend. While Anonymous has made several attacks for relatively noble causes in the past, its major problem is its own anonymity.

While @AnonOps is generally considered the "official" Anonymous Twitter account, anyone can create a Twitter or YouTube account under the "Anonymous" moniker and threaten a company with DDoS attacks. Anonymous claims that the mass media has lied, but surely an outlet would rather be "wrong" than to let a potentially imminent attack on a company go unreported in the interest of its readers.

At any rate, it looks like the attack on Facebook will not happen this Saturday, according to the reportedly more official face of Anonymous. The video has since been taken down, but we doubt this is the last time someone either claiming to represent the group or rallying members of the group will threaten Facebook. Your digital farms are should be safe ... for now.

All I know is that Lulzsec have been attacked and are regrouping and anonymous are not attacking facebook,

thats what i thought this must be some anonymous wanna be groups trying to LOIC wait and see how many kids get arrested this time

edit on 25-1-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: missing entry

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
I tried to get on there earlier to look at what someone on Twitter said on there, and couldn't, my husband was "OMG is if Facebook down?" ...... I said I guess it is, then I saw on Twitter that it was indeed down .... LOL

My husband is so addicted to Facebook it's unreal, and it is an addiction that has come on in the past year, he had never even been on the interwebs before a year ago!!!!

i have had that happen before lolz i was soooo addicted to one site i was on about 5 years ago when it went down for maintenance for a few hours i sat there and refreshed sadly until it came back.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
how do we know it is even officially anonymous (that is to say as official as anonymous is)? this could be anyone and i do believe also that anonymous uses facebook as part of its "ultra co-ordinated motherf**kery". i'm dubious, anyone could make a video and claim to be anonymous but if you wanna have the people hate anonymous you'd take facebook away and say anonymous did it or fake a video of them admitting they did it. that's what i would do if i were trying to turn the good guys into the bad guys (so far all of what anonymous has done seems to be good). we will soon find out.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephamccoy
how do we know it is even officially anonymous (that is to say as official as anonymous is)? this could be anyone and i do believe also that anonymous uses facebook as part of its "ultra co-ordinated motherf**kery". i'm dubious, anyone could make a video and claim to be anonymous but if you wanna have the people hate anonymous you'd take facebook away and say anonymous did it or fake a video of them admitting they did it. that's what i would do if i were trying to turn the good guys into the bad guys (so far all of what anonymous has done seems to be good). we will soon find out.

That's a bit of a misnomer...how do we ever know it's anonymous...even when they claim responsibility?

I think it is safe to say it is pretty tough to prove...if not impossible!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I just went to FB, no problems.
Funny, as I really don't care that
much for the site but I go anyway
because old friends and family
are there - otherwise no problem
for me to do without.

Don't mess with ATS!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

Haha thats unfortunate.
Imagine if it went down all together, he'd start to remember what the sun was like on his skin!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3v3rmor3
thats what i thought this must be some anonymous wanna be groups trying to LOIC wait and see how many kids get arrested this time

edit on 25-1-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: missing entry

How best to turn people against Anon than to flimsily attack facebook (screams government to me, try hards) and make people go "AARRGH I HATE YOU ANON!" so that policies can be put in place whereas before people tended to think "GO ANON!!" as they attacked govt/record/movie industry sites for starting a war they cannot win.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hardly any service from Facebook here, been having trouble for a few hours. Hard to say if its from an "attack" though.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Anyone remember when Anon threatened to take down Facebook on November 5th and the disappointment on ATS when it didn't happen?

Deleted my account this time last year anyway, got bored of it. Couldn't be bothered to go on it any more plus I nor any of my friends or family bothered to contact each other in my last 5 months being on it. Waste of time really, just like Twitter is too.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I was having problems with my Facebook earlier, especially with messages but it all appears to be working fine for me again now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join