It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tepco is planning to cover the bottom of sea with solidifying clay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

In the press conference of 1/24/2012, Tepco announced they are going to solidify the bottom of sea with the mixture of clay and concrete.

They are planning to start it from early February, end it by April.

It is not to spread concrete to cover the sea ground but cover it with heavy clay slowly so hot particles in the sea will not come up. The areas around intake of reactor 1 ~ 6 will be covered.

They still have not assessed the influence for the marine environment. After the press conference, MEXT released the data of contamination level on of sea ground. Ag-110m has been measured constantly from December. 1350_012514 Iori Mochizuki

fukushima-diary.com...
hhmmmm.... I don't think they know what they are doing still!

Cover the ocean floor with cement and solidifying clay?

I think it's good that they are trying to prevent hot particles that have settled from being disturbed, but they don't know the effect on marine life. Maybe it couldn't be any worse than being contaminated with hot particles?

It doesn't sound to me like something that is easily reversible, if at all, once they do it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Either die a slow and painful death from the hot particles or die of starvation from the area not having the ecology it once had. It won't matter, unless this intensifies the hot particles.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't understand .. AG-110m is an isotope of silver.

This would mean that the nuclear lava has become so hot that it's actually colloidializing silver out of the seawater..

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
this is like tobacco and cancer all over again they know exactley what is going on but they wont admit it because it would put a small dent in there wallets

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well Thank God someone over there is finally thinking and not just running damage control and a giant game of C.Y.A.! I've got graphics right here that I made clear back at the start showing distance in yards from the corners of each reactor building that blew apart to open water out beyond or.....to the SIDE of the breakwaters that are there to prevent open water contamination. Err... Oops... It's under 200 yards from one of those explosions to open, unprotected water and the blast went UPWARD over that distance. They damn sure blew fuel material right into open ocean water.

I've been waiting and waiting for someone to finally address the fact that there may very well be exposed and raw fuel material on the ocean floor, emitting into the water passing around it. Who gives a hoot about their ecosystem! The problem this is being done to solve puts the entire Northern Pacific's ecosystem at risk for a few thousand years if they don't do this or something very much like it.

Progress at last!

edit on 25-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zanysami

Maybe this is why the silver is showing up in samples?

Japanese experts believe the bottom of the ocean could also yield precious metals such as silver and gold and supplies of what they see as a potential next-generation fuel -- methane hydrate, also dubbed "fire ice".

Japan, which has long been one of the world's largest importers of industrial materials, is believed to have abundant underwater resources estimated to be worth about 200 trillion yen ($2 trillion), the Yomiuri said.

news.discovery.com...

Looks like AG110-m is an isotope with 250 days half life

Isotopes Isotope Half Life Ag-105 41.3 days
Ag-105m 7.2 minutes
Ag-106m 8.4 days
Ag-107 Stable
Ag-108 2.4 minutes
Ag-108m 130.0 years
Ag-109 Stable Ag-109m 39.8 seconds
Ag-110 24.6 seconds
Ag-110m 249.8 days
Ag-111 7.47 days

Facts Date of Discovery: Known to the ancients Discoverer: Unknown Name Origin: From the Old English word seolfor (silver) Symbol Origin: From the Latin word argentum (silver) Uses: jewelry, photography, electrical conductor

Obtained From: ores (argentite, light ruby silver, dark ruby silver, brittle silver)

I'm not sure what all this means, but maybe natural silver/ores on the ocean floor? I don't know...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I have no idea about the colloidalization of silver or any of that, but yrs ago we had a pond and out of the blue the east end of the bottom of the pond cracked and emptied into a cavern under the property. It was a natural pond and not a man made one. I guess you could call it a small lake. A neighbor was doing work on his land with heavy earth movers for a new home construction and maybe that had something to do with it. We paid an expert to come out to "fix" the pond. He used literal tons of concrete in it blah blah blah. Held great and sort of looked like the biggest inground pool you've ever seen before we filled it. We restocked it and put the boat back in it. 16 months later it cracked WORSE than before and emptied. Dead fish everywhere.
My non-expert opinion? Don't put anything rigid on the bottom of a constantly moving area like the bottom of the ocean or you may end up with a larger crack than you had before without even mentioning the pressure beneath the area they are suggesting doing this in. Maybe a concrete with a polymer or just leave it the hell alone see where the chips fall. Maybe we'll all see the birth of a new island or super volcano.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zanysami
I don't understand .. AG-110m is an isotope of silver.

This would mean that the nuclear lava has become so hot that it's actually colloidializing silver out of the seawater..

Last year, 6 china syndromes, occurred. Well that is what I call it. The facts are, that if you cannot cool the reactor in 90 minutes you boron and cement it, and by the next day, that was when they spent days trying to do things, the train has left the station. ie. melted goo left the station. I've known that all along.

This is extremely bad, and unless we have ETs and Angels or hidden technology way beyond our science, cleaning things up I would guess that the world, not just the northern hemisphere has the clock ticking on all life on earth except the cock roaches.

What exploded was all those spent fuel rods, and that is like mega mega mega mega mega doom for the world. This is way beyond calculation for chernobyl, its not 10 X chernobyl. I don't even think 100 X compares. Since the melted goo left the station and nothing was done about it. Nothing.

It was just ignored. Destroy a planet, not carry out the right things, and just ignore.

Tepco just stuck a camera down reactor one or two, I can't remember which, apparently that was supposed to be the safest one. They found very little coolant, and they didnt find the melted goo. It was missing. I knew it was missing right from the very start.

And the Mox, that was very valuable and made a profit, there is n't even the slightest chance that Plutionium wasn't in ALL THE REACTORS.

And, are they going to cement the Ocean all the way to the west coast.

Have they forgotten something. The jet stream was one thing but we're completely 1000% contaminated.

en.wikipedia.org...

Kuroshio Current is a very fast highway across the pacific, and its right at Japan, straight to North America and heads up to Alaska.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Tepco just stuck a camera down reactor one or two, I can't remember which, apparently that was supposed to be the safest one. They found very little coolant, and they didnt find the melted goo. It was missing. I knew it was missing right from the very start.

And the Mox, that was very valuable and made a profit, there is n't even the slightest chance that Plutionium wasn't in ALL THE REACTORS.

Thanks for the heads up on the camera insertion. I'd missed that entirely and frankly, I've made a point of not digging down the cyber paths which lead toward Fuku news for months. What you're saying is exactly why. As others did, I went all out and round the clock learning after this happened, to understand what it all meant. It's probably the worst thing I've ever done, and just occasionaly, ignorance is truly bliss.

You're absolutely right about missing goo. I've also suspected it from within the first week it was happening. It's what was projected to happen for decades prior to the real event and, well gee whiz...it happened. What a shock, huh? I wonder how long, if ever, the major media will get around to exploring the facts that lay in that particular direction. I've thought for a long time now that they've been outright told to drop this story...and why not? Not a damn thing we can do if those cores did take an express train down right at the start of things.

That would also explain why material FAR FAR more lethal and radioactive than anything Chernobyl had on-site isn't killing everyone working in close proximity to the ruins that stuff used to be in. The obvious answer is the worst one....as you note...it isn't there anymore, and we're truly doomed if that is proven to be the case.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have a couple of questions. I understand clay can mechanically hold down particles, but can clay protect against radiation? Won't the clay itself become radioactive? What good would it do to seal anything in an earthquake zone as active as Japan?

Isn't it all lies and cover-ups no pun intended? They are not forthcoming with real information and now they are making it seem like it can be fixed.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I have a couple of questions. I understand clay can mechanically hold down particles, but can clay protect against radiation? Won't the clay itself become radioactive? What good would it do to seal anything in an earthquake zone as active as Japan?

Good point/question. I think we all know the answer to this

top topics

join