It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona governor, Obama in 'tense' exchange over book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer and President Barack Obama engaged in an apparently tense exchange on an airport tarmac shortly after Air Force One touched down outside Phoenix on Wednesday. The two leaders could be seen talking intently at the base of Air Force One's steps. Both could be seen smiling, but speaking at the same time.

Hilarious!

I am not a fan of either Brewer or Obama, but I find it funny that the AZ Govorner was willing to engage Obama right there at the airport!

Asked moments later what the conversation was about, Brewer said: "He was a little disturbed about my book."

They both have conflicting accounts of what was said in the book and what happened in conversation within the White House, but in my opinion it doesn't matter. She was willing to express her opinion and still invited him to lunch and a trip to the border!

"Don't be mistaken, I'm bullish on our nation's future," Brewer said in a statement issued later. "But I'm convinced the path the president has pursued is the wrong one. I hope he takes some of the lessons of Arizona back with him to Washington."

My opinion is that they are both wrong. We need to bring the troops home and secure our own border before we worry about borders of other nations.

Regardless, this is an interesting read and even better picture. How many times do we all wish we could wave our finger at Obama?

Haraz N. Ghanbari / AP

MSNBC

edit on 25-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
That's what he gets for opening the border up, and allowing illegals to take over Arizona.... A FINGER TO HIS FACE! GO JAN!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Obama has so thoroughly surrounded himself with sycophants and weak kneed bureaucrats, I'll bet this left him rather stunned. I'll bet it's been a few years since anyone has talked to him like that and gotten away with it, who wasn't his wife.

Go Jan Go! If the feds won't handle the borders, so be it. The states must. At least Arizona is trying and Obama just can't stand even that level of dissent where he can't do a thing about it.

What a nice pic....Perhaps I'll make it wallpaper for a day or two.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join