It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've invented the time machine... in a manner of speaking! 

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Your right, there is software, that can show our solar system now, and where it was 25000 years ago this has been around for 7 years, its shows the star systems at the time of moses, when cave men first look to the heavens. and so forth, so if you have an open mind look and you will find and learn.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
argument is sound, appart from they would have to actually no where the capsule is, and would have to care enough to bother, also would depend on where you left it not getting destroyed or w/e too many small inconsistancies for it to be viable thus meaning if you did it now you wouldnt get an answer

heres one for you, if we ever were capable of time travel, it will prove one of two things either we do have free will or dont, because if we do it, then go back, theroetically we would react, but not if we have no free will, ie its predestined and so was the machine thus making it irrelivant because we cannot change whats already decided,

or if we go back and we change time because when you were supposed to open the fridge, you dont because some weerd man from the future appears and stops you thus changing the event, meaning the event never happened which lead to the exact time you made the machine, meaning when you go back, because life is based on such minute detail you may not even be born, thus meanin what happens to you have you created the whole time paradox thing.

what i think is interesting is the pre ordained thing, because tell me that there was any future in which micheal jackson, or hitler or stalin, or sugar ray robinsion or ali all worked in mc donalded then i will never belive you, even though i belvie in free will, there was an argument on ats the other day saying that if the brain works by reactions then a reaction must happen before a thought thus rendering it to not actually be free will

s and f if anyone got that haha

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by sparda4355

No one has created a wormhole. You would have to fracture every single dimension and remove all dimensions but the zero dimension in space around you. No one has done that. The singularity is nothing more than the zero dimension. The zero dimension has no volume and no distance in it. Then you would have to map out the entire universe to use x,y & z from two point in the universe and then fracture the space/time continuum to zero and bridge those coordinates. No one has done that.

Wow dude... You watch a lot of star trek or something? Actually they are experimenting with worm holes! And they do so with particle accelerators! Splitting atoms and such

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

U lost me at infinitely better reasons...

But as far as publicity... It may not be necessary if we use done sort of monument combined with a code, and utilize a universal language to communicate; ie: math.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

Whom ever builds a time machine is also going to have to build a spaceship, since our Earth, Solar System, and Galaxy are ever-moving through the universe (incredibly fast), anyone looking to go forward and/or backwards in time, even just a day would likely end up in space.
You'd do better to try and hijack a wormhole, or something of the like, provided the outcome isn't the same.

edit on 25-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

Although this is a valid point... It isn't necessarily relevant to my time machine... Assuming time travel ever exists and permits backwards movement, I believe it's also safe to presume these issues will have been solved.

Also a wormhole would be a likely way they would in fact travel time.

Side note: Although we are moving constantly through space, we are moving in a predictable manner... These adjustments could be easily calculated by anybody smart enough to create such a device...

That's funny, you say it is easy to calculate the dimensions of space. Really? So you think that we have mapped out the entire universe? OMG.....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

I agree about the guide stones, I've thought this before!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by March of the Fire Ants

Thank you!!! I couldn't agree with you more! It drives me nuts when people are self proclaimed experts in fields that don't even exist lol

You can't be an expert on time travel, when the entire concept is theoretical... And pro or con you can't use grazes like it hasn't happened yet so it never will... If that were true, we never should have flown a plane, gone to the moon, made it to the bottom of the ocean, sent robots to mars, etc...

Aghhhhh that drives me crazy!

Again,

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bone13

Wow lol, I'm not claiming to have theorized the entire concept of time travel? I know these issues exist, I'm simply staring a reasonable outside of the box method of speeding up the process.

I'm not trying to debate whether or not time travel should be aloud... That's a whole mother discussion!

I could come up with a process to successfully clone humans, and of I did I'd probably attempt to do it despite the inevitable issues that might arise. Lol

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

Wait...

They don't need to know where it is, or care... You just need to make sure it gets found... The cool part is, the success would be instantaneous. The moment you finish with the time capsil, somebody appears or they don't. Of they don't, either something went wrong or you failed to convince them. You can then just try again and again and again... If you fail, you just keep trying. If you succeed you will know instantly.

As far as paradox... I agree, that's actually not really the focus of this thread... We all know the potential issues and dangers of time travel.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

Assuming we don't "crash into anything" yes, I believe a scientist could calculate where earth was located use math 100, 500, even 1000 years ago!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Its opinions, on ideas that make people think, we as a race of thinkers, learn and put forth so the inventers can produce, T. Edison, Tesla, Enstein these people created from ideas, the electric light, AC/DC, theory on worm holes to name a few. the replys here shows some of the reasoning on the subject at hand.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Our space is 16 Billion years long, from the time of the big bang, the first 400'000 yrs there was darkness, the second 400'000 years the first stars formed.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bone13
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Your right, there is software, that can show our solar system now, and where it was 25000 years ago this has been around for 7 years, its shows the star systems at the time of moses, when cave men first look to the heavens. and so forth, so if you have an open mind look and you will find and learn.

I actually have that sort of software on my computer, but the fact remains, you'd still need a space craft of some sort, as we're never in the same spot in the universe twice. We're moving through our solar system, our system through the galaxy, the galaxy through the universe, the universe through whatever space its expanding into. If one isn't careful, one might find themselves in a place where we have no star charts for finding their way back home.

ps>
I found this cartoon fitting to this thread.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

edit on 31-1-2012 by Alda1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355
reply to post by Alda1981

Did you really just quote my entire post with your only intention being to insult my intelligence?

yes.

My goal was to tell you that if that was a chance to work until now i would have some clue. but you chose to take t as an insult.
so I guess i rather say yes on your question. being complexic about it and all...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Here is a perplexing comment for this thread. Why is it that no one from the infinite future has come back to at least tell someone hello? Oh that's right, from here to infinity no one has come back and that's reality. So since no one has ever come back, it can't be done.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Sounds like a possible idea to me, but am no physicist. I'd be the first to volunteer and go back 10 years. Maybe I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now and I could just be an ATS member for a longer period time. Let me know if you ever get a backing follow up for your idea!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I don't think it's fare to state that since it hasn't happened it can't happen...

For starters... I'd assume they need a really really good reason to potentially destroy the future as they know it.

Also, the future may not be infinite? The world will end...

Also who's to say "If they did", we would be informed?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join