It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've invented the time machine... in a manner of speaking! 

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Sounds like Nassim Haramein. He too theorizes that to return to a point in time you have to actually travel to that spot in space the Earth existed at when it first occurred. You also would have to calculate exactly where because not only do we travel in a spiraling outward motion we also travel in a sine wave formation (up and down) as well.

edit on 25-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

You could never travel through time and I will tell you why. You see your atoms inside your body would go backwards in time if you went to the past and therefore you would not exist, same would happen if you went to the future you would get old then die before you ever got there. Now let's say you were to go back ten years, you would forget how you got there as your cells in your brain would go backwards and your memory gone. So you see that's why you have never seen or heard of anyone coming back in time. It's not that its not technically possible, its not humanly possible. Your atoms just won't allow it.

Now I will explain to you about how to get to the past technically. Everyone views it as a moving picture, but that's not true. It is like hitting the pause button and then starting from there. So not possible for your body to do.

Now do we already have a time machine? Yes we do. It's called a recording device. Everything that is recorded through video is a time machine. You recorded the past and you are viewing it.

I believe that due to the bodies inability to survive the travel is natures way of preventing any intelligent creature from doing so.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What always bewilders me is how fast were moving compared to the past eons of technological discoveries.I wander if it is the universe speeding up.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

What if we figure out how to send mass to the speed of light? In theory the faster one travels toward the speed of light the slower time is. So at the speed of light time has stopped for the observer. Could you not then travel to your past at the speed of light and not be affected?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan
What always bewilders me is how fast were moving compared to the past eons of technological discoveries.I wander if it is the universe speeding up.

Nah, think of it like this...

It might take 100 years to invent the wheel... But once it is invented, it's easy to say, "what if we make it bigger, smoother, out of different materials, etc...

The world is working like this, more in more inventions exist, so rather than taking 100's of years to come up with original ideas, we are improving upon lots of existing ideas! Also we invent materials, and such that allow for newer better inventions!

The more we know, the faster we learn!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

You still couldn't do it. It's hard to explain as to why it can't be done. So I will try this way. You are trying to go back in time, but yet keep your present self in the past. Not possible. Now you could technically go back in time let's say ten years, but you would be in the same position, same stance, same day you were ten years ago..wherever you were then and you would relive the same exact life again..and you would never know you just did that. Why..you went in reverse so everything you have done you go backwards until that time event and then relive it all over again...That's time for you..

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

No offense, but I completely disagree with your close minded views on time travel and to an extent, they are actually scientifically proven inaccurate...

To start with, moving forward in time is in fact possible and has no effect on our atoms. For example, mass distorts time, the closer an object is to an object with a strong gravitational pull, the slower time travels for that object (including the atoms that make it up). Thus the rest of the universe moves forward, this object slows down, and ages slower, moving it forward in time...

Now moving backwards in time agreeable uses a different perception, but the same rules could potentially apply!

Not to mention, your still assuming that it is necessary to move physically forward or backward in time, completely ignoring the fact that we are potentially parallel to such dimensions.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

What if we figure out how to send mass to the speed of light? In theory the faster one travels toward the speed of light the slower time is. So at the speed of light time has stopped for the observer. Could you not then travel to your past at the speed of light and not be affected?

This method actually moves you forward in time, you stand still and the world continues to move... When u slow back down, you would be the same age you were, they would all have aged...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Sorry pal, but what you are stating is a theory and not proven fact. I have provided you the reason why it can't be done with a human body. You could however create a looking glass or a window and see the past or future, but couldn't take your present self in that time frame. You have to understand that.

Now please provide me one credible piece of evidence of anyone coming back in time or going forward?

You won't find one.....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I think your views are ignorantly narrow minded... And I'm not using the term ignorant in an offensive manner... If I were to tell you the proper way to fly an airplane or that a particular maneuver is impossible without ever having flown a plane or been educated in that field, I would be speaking in an ignorant manner.

Now I stand corrected if you are some sort of quantum physicist or something, but correct me of I'm wrong... You are assuming something is impossible based on a limited amount of theoretical data... You assume a + b = c without being privy to enough data to prove or disprove said mathematical formula...

What if in the world of quantum time travel (a = 1) (b = 2) and (c = 7)...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Why are you resorting to personal attacks? That's childish. I have asked to disprove this fact i have presented you. I am not the only one who has come up with this reasoning. Even Stephen Hawking speaks similarly with this concept. So I ask you please prove to me it can be done?

I am not asking you for a childish remark, I am asking you for factual proof. Not some mathematical formula, an actual working model. Then you have to provide a test sample so it can be reproduced. That's science and no one in science can overcome these obstacles I have presented to you.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Neither of you can provide a working model of your claims.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Sure i can. Before you were born your body was atoms from plants, animals, air, you name it. You mother ingested these atoms and then they were created in her stomach into energy for her body. Then reformed into you. Now before all that your atoms were something else and something before that. So if you were to travel back in time your atoms today cannot occupy the same space and time in the past. So you would be what your atoms were in the past. Maybe some of it a plant, some dirt..who knows...That's time...

now let's say you went to the future, you would die and then if you were stuck in a grace that's where you would end up. That's why it's important to let your atoms go free when you die. let then cycle of life continue. You can't occupy space and time in two different time periods.

Exaclt why no one from 1000 to 100000000 years from now has come back. It can't be done

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
All I know is that I will never have access to a time machine in the future...because I would have already visited my past and at the very least left myself a note.

I mean...my future self could at least come back and email me some lottery numbers.

So this I know for fact...I will never use a time machine in the future.
edit on 25-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

What if they conquer death and we are mostly cyborg with mechanical hearts and other organs. I could see why you couldn't go into the past but couldn't you go into the future then?

I do like your theory but it can't be proven just like the other one. I understand completely what your saying but actually proving it is going to take more than words.
A time machine that deconstructs itself when sent into the past would never come to fruition that it ever existed in the first place?

Time travel thinking wears on the brain.
edit on 25-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The other problem with the way most view time is this. Most view time as earth time. So let's break down earth time for a moment. Earth time is nothing more that a single revolution of the celestial body earth from point a to b on its axis and then we measure a full cycle around another celestial body called a sun(our white star); that's not time. those are made up measurements of a cycle and revolution. Science could have come up with 48 blocks of time per day or 1000 blocks per revolution around the sun. That's a piece of a pie calculation and nothing more. Give you an example. Mars time is different than earth time and o so is Jupiter and so is the galaxy and so is the universe. Our measurement of time is not a measurement at all. It's all wrong and incorrect. Time is a constant in the universe and to this day no one knows the correct format of it as nature knows of it. So for all we know time as far as the universe knows of it could be something entirely different than the way we have devised it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

You could cheat time with your theory. The only way to cheat time with your theory would be to download all of your thoughts, knowledge and reasoning into some device. Now here comes another problem with that. You would have to account for the technology you created to download your thoughts to continue to be redone as the machine you downloaded to would break down. So yes you could cheat it, but you would first have to figure out how to download your thoughts, knowledge and reasoning. Reasoning the most important factor as you would still need to be able to think and reason, otherwise what's the point? You would be no different than a book if you couldn't reason.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS

Why are you resorting to personal attacks? That's childish. I have asked to disprove this fact i have presented you. I am not the only one who has come up with this reasoning. Even Stephen Hawking speaks similarly with this concept. So I ask you please prove to me it can be done?

I am not asking you for a childish remark, I am asking you for factual proof. Not some mathematical formula, an actual working model. Then you have to provide a test sample so it can be reproduced. That's science and no one in science can overcome these obstacles I have presented to you.

What? I'm most definitely not "attacking you"! I made it a point to state there was no offense intended by my statement...

Once again, I'm not saying time travel is possible, or that i am capible in anyway of proving it... I'm simply stating that there are a lot more "unknowns" than "knowns" when it comes to time travel or in your case quantum physics.

I'm simply implying that if somewhere hidden in the midst of unknowns, an answer to this theory lies, that someday somebody will find it and make time travel a reality. If/when this happens, I'm trying to theorize how we could utilize their discovery to gain access to their knowledge.

As far as me being childish... You are attempting to state you know for a fact time travel is impossible, thus attempting to portray absolute knowledge...

I'm stating boldly that I am more than willing to admit how little it is that I actually know... And that maybe somewhere in what I don't know lies the answer to a question that I have yet to know just how to ask...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I never said you couldn't technically achieve time travel. I said your body can't do it. You could create a window and peek through the looking glass to see the past or future. Think of it like a movie or a video. You can rewind a video or fast forward it. You would have to devise a machine to open a window and view it only. You would not survive the trip. Your atoms are bound to this time period and they would change as you moved through time..backwards or forwards..that's all...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
All I know is that I will never have access to a time machine in the future...because I would have already visited my past and at the very least left myself a note.

I mean...my future self could at least come back and email me some lottery numbers.

So this I know for fact...I will never use a time machine in the future.
edit on 25-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

Or perhaps, your future self is privy to the absolute risk of utilizing time travel for any reason and therefore wize enough not to risk the complete destruction or demise, at the very least alteration of the future/universe and wouldn't risk doing so for fame or fortune...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join