It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Sounds 1/25/2012 Atlanta, GA Personal Video/Audio

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
New here . I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else with the recent sky sound threads so I decided to chime in with a memory from my youth. I had relatives who lived in Alabama and I recalled around 91 or 92 a big deal being made over something that was termed "Hueytown Hum". It was similar to what I have heard so far from some of the recent postings. At the time there were a few theories as to what the cause of this hum was and doing a wiki search showed that it lasted around 4 months and made the residents quite upset. The theories ranged from UFOs to giant fans in a mine shaft. I looked into it over the years and recall a study was done to attempt to find the cause but I do not recall if one was ever found. However I think the prevailing theory or whitewash however you want to look at it was that this was caused by the mining fans.

I honestly do not know the cause of these sounds but some speculation on my part leads me to believe it is probably govt in origin. Alabama has some military areas as well as the chemical weapons incinerator in Anniston not to mention the numerous "UFO" sightings along the Alabama coast.The thought has occurred to me that it could be Blue Beam in origin. These are just guesses and perhaps there are many large underground fans causing strange noises.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Marietta here (30 minutes north of Atlanta). I was outside last night around 8:00 - 9:00 and didn't notice anything, but then again I had been drinking a little wine and wasn't really paying attention.

I'll keep my ears open tonight, if the rain ever stops

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Haven't had time to read the whole thread but wanted to say this. Firstly, thanks for posting OP
The strongest reaction I had to the video (wish I could have heard it just a little better) was the constant chord. The bass note is constant as well as the overtones that I think I hear. Just wondering if anyone has the ability (and time) to break down these sounds; maybe there is a consistency?? I would try to spell it out but as I said I just can't hear it quite enough in my inner ear to be sure of all of the tones. Not hearing it clearly enough either to tell what I am hearing from what my brain could be filling in. I think I can clearly hear b - d#

....I should know more than I do regarding the acoustics here (and I don't feel like brushing up on it right now) but wouldn't something moving, say a plane, change in pitch as it passes overhead? To me the constant drone would imply that the object may be stationary? This is off the top of my head so apologies for sounding naiive.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Just started reading backwards from the last page and yours was the first post I read! You are right ....it does remind you of a monastic drone.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ddaniel
Marietta here (30 minutes north of Atlanta). I was outside last night around 8:00 - 9:00 and didn't notice anything, but then again I had been drinking a little wine and wasn't really paying attention.

I'll keep my ears open tonight, if the rain ever stops

It's been raining here in Memphis, ever since the storms Sunday....so 'spring-like'.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Long time reader, this is the first post that made me join just to reply!

I noticed that there was another post from Ball Ground in the northeast corner of Cherokee County. My wife and I have heard the "roaring" noise for at least 12 months, typically at night, more frequently on cloudy nights but occasionally on clear nights as well.

We both have a background in paranormal research and our original attack is to rule out the obvious. We do have marble mines close to us, but the noises are made outside of their hours of operation, There is a railway close to us, but no trains are passing when the noise is heard. We are within 5 miles of a very small airport, but the noise is not an airplane.

What we have heard is a constant "thrumming" sound, it drones on and on and very infrequently changes tone, volume or tempo. The strangest part is, it seems to come from everywhere while not really loud enough to record. No trumpets, no whistling, just a consistent noise that is all-enveloping.

An emotional way to describe it is, if you have ever been at very high altitudes and surrounded by clouds. The clouds are above, below and to both sides but you couldn't pinpoint where the cloud began and ended. What we are hearing is much the same.

No ideas, no theories, we have debunked the few things that would make sense for us to look into. We have on separate occasions had what we can only assume are military helicopters fly over while the sound was occurring. No lights fore or aft, flying under 1000 feet, always in 2's never single. We are over 35 miles from Dobbins and are not on any published military training flight line and do not have an explanation for this.

If anyone has any rational ideas to help us find an explanation for what we are hearing, we would welcome them. It has become all-consuming to us and we have very different suggestions but no grounds to found them on.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It sounds like - from what I am reading (not hearing in NWGA), and I was out last night from about 8-9 - that the sound is harmonic.

That said, it was a month or two ago that I heard thunder that just went on and on and on in a sky that was cloudless. I remember remarking to my husband that it was weird. You had to be outside though, you could not hear it at all from inside our home, which has a metal roof which makes the house pretty darn quiet. (unlike the old metal roofs!)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

You are right Hadriana.....it totally sounds like the harmonic series built on b. I heard the thunder you mentioned last summer. There was no rain any where around although there were clouds. My son and I were playing ladderball on our back patio and the oddness of the thunder caught my ear immediately because I have been reading these threads off and on since they started, I just tried to ignore it. It went on so long that my son noticed it and stopped playing to just focus on the sound. It was disturbing.....I guess it was thunder but it just sounded "unnatural" like it was produced by something.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

With all the strange sky sounds I thought maybe, we needed to look toward our military for answers and I found this.  The Blue Devil Airship; it is a massive 370-foot-long (123 m’), 1.4 million-cubic-foot (37,000 m3) blimp.  Think about it, it was scheduled to start flying this last year.  Are they moving it at night keeping it safe from prying eyes.  

Look at the size of this thing! www.wired.com...

“Blue Devil Block 2” — was first inflated with air in early September. Last week, at a hangar in Elizabeth City, North Carolina, the blimp was filled with helium, and began to float.

Could the strange sounds from far above in the sky be from this crafts engines?  Not moving fast, adjusting for wind conditions, and passing by in the night.  At 20,000 feet high, it would be hard to pinpoint the location, especially if unlit.

Look at a map with directions from Elizabeth City, North Carolina to Atlanta Georgia (OP’s location) This is in the same path as many “sounds in the sky” points on this US map. ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com... image of the map.

The blimp is equipped with two ducted propellers and a rear maneuvering engine, all powered by a main diesel generator driving 120 KVA for propulsion and on board systems. The side motors are producing thrust for forward propulsion at a maximum airspeed of 90 knots, or offset wind effect; the rear motor is used to steering airship to maintain the required heading.

Source Wired/

Because we have not seen one in action, it is not possible at this time to connect the two.  However, I thought the timing was suspect.

More government info from THE UNITED STATES CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET OFFICE  Airships

ATS Blue Devil Spy Blimp Watching From Above ATS
edit on 26-1-2012 by Absum! because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
according to David wilcok these sounds are coming from underground bases and they want these nosises to fear people if that the case, they're doing a great job 31:00 mark

edit on 26-1-2012 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

So....did you hear anything like what you just described in my post/video? And are you calling me a liar/hoaxer? I am not claiming any alien invasion or conspiracy.....simply that there is an unusual noise in the sky that I have never heard before and that persisted last night for an unknown amount of time. I am also not the only one around here that heard it. Not sure why there would even be a need to debunk. No, I did not hear trumpets.....stated that fairly clearly I thought.

Maybe we need a new term here on ATS. UAA Unidentified aerial acoustics

The thing is, just like with UFO's they are unidentified. And until they are indentified they would remain under this classification.

Oh an i have a totally serious favor to ask if you attempt recording on your Iphone again. Can you do all your speaking at the beginning and then let us know when we can turn the volume up safely? And please do post another if you can get it again. I would love to hear it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Do you really think people care that much about some strange sounds to record them, that they wouldn't just shrug them off as something natural?

Don't assume everyone is an ATS or youtube member.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The thing we need to note here is there's two different "sky sounds". The ones from last year are a more of a hum or wind roaring sound, and the ones circulating in January this year are something completely different and most likely fake.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sounds like tubas, or machines. Nice post. Would be great if someone tried to follow the sound and attempt to locate the source. I'll be keeping my ears open.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
That is the same sound I heard here in Michigan, and sounds like the exact one everyone has been posting about. It sounds like some kind of humming turbine, I just don't know what that can be

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahblah454
Not sure how to add video, but this link is from CTV up here in Canada. The sounds are real (in this case), but some scientist says that its due to electromagnetic frequencies or some such. If anyone else knows how to put the video in to a post that would be really helpful!

saskatoon.ctv.ca...

This is good information. So finally a scientist commenting on it. And offering a conclusion that these sounds are normal.

"Somehow they are picking up noise from an electrical antenna that is there. That is electromagnetic noise. "

So maybe ATS folks are hearing the sounds more because of their foil hats working as an antenna?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

This is like some joke that everyone else is in on but a very few of us. I don't hear anything in this video that couldn't be some everyday thing that we just can't see. You hear something, and you don't know what it is...so, what? Now everyone who hears something they aren't sure of is posting a video. I hear weird stuff all the time. It's probably a garbage truck or something else very normal that I just can't see.

It just seems to me like everyone is now jumping on the bandwagon to report every little thing they aren't sure of.

I support sharing of weird things, but this seems like some hyped up trend of people recording everything they can't identify. Why don't we all go down into a lake and look at the "alien life" that we can't identify too? We can call those ULOs - Unidentified Living Objects.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
We have camped and hunted all over North Georgia for the past 30 years, typically in remote areas (Lake Burton, Blood Mountain, Cohutta) and have never heard these noises. Now, in the past 2 years, they have become commonplace and we hear them often.

Since they are heard very often, what about launching a weekend expedition to the mountains to try to explain these sounds? Anyone on the board have the required equipment, time and ambition?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

This is like some joke that everyone else is in on but a very few of us. I don't hear anything in this video that couldn't be some everyday thing that we just can't see. You hear something, and you don't know what it is...so, what? Now everyone who hears something they aren't sure of is posting a video. I hear weird stuff all the time. It's probably a garbage truck or something else very normal that I just can't see.

It just seems to me like everyone is now jumping on the bandwagon to report every little thing they aren't sure of.

I support sharing of weird things, but this seems like some hyped up trend of people recording everything they can't identify. Why don't we all go down into a lake and look at the "alien life" that we can't identify too? We can call those ULOs - Unidentified Living Objects.

I agree that there may be hype going on however my previous post about Hueytown, Alabama lead me to do more research and there has been a history for the last 30 years from the UK to the US of these mysterious hums/sky sounds whatever you would like to term them. I found that strangely the "Hum" was heard in Taos,NM and Kokomo, IN around 1992 around the same time period as the Hueytown "Hum". This seems like more than coincidence to me even if these earlier events are not related to the current ones.

I am not advocating that we jump to any conclusions without more evidence but apparently this was enough of a phenomena in the early 90s that some studies were done. I believe there is a terrestrial origin for these and most likely military in origin given the locations. A previous poster mentioned an aerial surveillance blimp and I could see this as being plausible. Perhaps if we continue to search we can find the source.

In reading about the events of the 90s it seems like they tried to rule out most conventional sources like mining equip, planes, power-grid related etc so perhaps if we can find out if these new locations contain any of these things we can begin to narrow the suspects.

Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 571–595, 2004
edit on 26-1-2012 by NihilistSanta because: Added source

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
this is the most retarded video ive ever seen

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join