It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Sounds 1/25/2012 Atlanta, GA Personal Video/Audio

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi
I dont know but from ball ground ga it sounds as if some one left a fan on or im missing something

Yeah...it does have a very similar sound.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi
I dont know but from ball ground ga it sounds as if some one left a fan on or im missing something

Yeah...it does have a very similar sound.

Where are you located OP?

I'm in Peachtree City.. I'll step outside right now and have a listen.

*Update: I just stepped outside to have a good listen, and it sounded like a very low frequency hum.. Almost like a really deep electric-y static noise. Very hard to describe, but it is fairly faint.. I live about 3 miles away from a quarry, and with such open air down this way, sound travels really easily, so perhaps it's louder than I can deter since the slight sound pollution..

edit on 1/26/2012 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Just sat outside for about 15 minutes and I heard it. Coming from our southwest, and not very loud tonight, though it's near time for my usual. I tried again to record it but other noises keeps drowning it out...things you can distinquish, like planes, trains trucks. But it's a distinct sustained hum that every once in a while changes pitch or tone or something.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Just sat outside for about 15 minutes and I heard it. Coming from our southwest, and not very loud tonight, though it's near time for my usual. I tried again to record it but other noises keeps drowning it out...things you can distinquish, like planes, trains trucks. But it's a distinct sustained hum that every once in a while changes pitch or tone or something.

...? And your location??

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
ahhh...man that just SUCKS!

The one night I decide not to spend time on my deck, is the ONE night something like this happens in ATLANTA...

lol, i'm East of Atlanta, just past Decatur, and about that time last night, I was Watching Netflix, super loud....Ronin/The Dark Crystal are the awesome combo....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
A lot of these sky sound vids are hoaxes... and I'd almost say all of them, the ones that sound like the Kiev ones at least.

As the OP has shown, capturing sound well on a phone is pretty darn difficult. The sound quality of the sounds captured on most of the Kiev style videos is pretty impossible, without an external microphone.

Unless someone can explain away that issue I'm pretty sure most of this is just internet BS.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
I grew up here and Dobbins is nearby. I have heard many many prop planes on the runway, overhead, and been to numerous airshows. The only thing I can think of that this sound compares to is the hum of a squadron of large prop planes above the cloud cover in the air like what you hear/see in the old WW movies with all the paratroopers about to jump out. Very low humming that fluctuates in intensity. Been going on for a while now. About to go back outside and check for it again.

Thanks for the replies and if I can I will get another recording.

Interesting you should mention that, my Grandfather used to say you could tell from the ground if it was a luftwaffe squadron overhead because their engine noise 'ebbed and flowed' while RAF/USAF remained a constant hum.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Ok, me too. Not just the hum and rumbling, but other odd things, as well. We live NE of Atlanta, NE of Gwinnett, sort of half way between Gwinnett and Athens.

There are no low flying planes to speak of here, except the rare and occasional private plane that goes over us to the Gwinnett Airport. Other than that, Hartsfield Airport is far enough away that you can see the jets pass by VERY high, but don't even really hear them they are so high by then.

No major roads close by, no interstates. We live in the country.

So yes. Low rumbling noises, cannot pick it up on my cellphone, I tried. Tried a hand held pocket recorder, same thing. Can't afford atm to get anything better, which is why I have stayed silent on the issue, but hopefully that will change in a few weeks, and I can get a better cellphone or something. My cellphone is old, only takes photos, and only has the short memo recorder. Anyways.

A couple weeks or so ago, my husband and I are in our home office doing our things on our own computers, was a late Sunday night, about 1:30 am. We hear a roar *over* the house... like a lions roar. It was LOUD. We sit here, both asking the other, "Wtf was that?!" We both refused to go outside.

He said, "What if it was a bear or something?" We do have deer, but bears? I said, "OVER the house?!"

I got up and walked down the hallway and my cats were visibly upset by the noise. One was peeking out the glass on the back door when I came up the hall, and she skulked away with her belly to the ground and her tail scraping behind her. Another cat was on the loveseat looking at the ceiling, again her tail was low, hind end down, ready to flee, eyes wide, ears wildly twisting to pick up sounds. All of my cats were visibly disturbed, some ran and hid.

A couple of weeks before that, my husband was home up in bed asleep, and I was down in the livingroom watching television, about 4:30 in the morning. I kept hearing a strange sound, it sounded like a sick leaf blower was the best comparison I could come up with, and I sat up and turned the volume down on the television. The sound reminded me of the old black and white movies where they showed a UFO dangling on an obviously visible string swinging back and forth making the silly sounds.

But, thats the sound I heard. Again, outside, over the house, in the sky. It would fade slightly and get louder, but it was steady. It lasted about 20 mins. I called my husband and woke him on his cellphone, but he wouldn't get up and go out and look, and I am a big chicken. After about the 20 minutes or so, it just stopped, like it was never there at all.

We live somewhat close to a quarry, to which I have chalked up odd explosions that shake my house and rattle my windows, but that no one else seems to notice. I have run outside and seen people going merrily about their day while my house foundation literally shook beneath me, rattling the window panes for an instant, with a loud bang.

I have even reported this once last year on the Shake Map part of the website for UGS as a possible small earthquake. They only last a few seconds, but they are loud and forceful, as if to be right under the house, not what you might think you would get from a distant quarry. In fact the one I reported was the last time I felt/had this experience. It has given me cause for concern a time or two, over what my home may be possibly built upon, but that's another story, I suppose.

That seems to have stopped, however, but it happened frequently for several years, enough to rouse me from a sound sleep (I sleep during the day as I work at night).

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
A lot of these sky sound vids are hoaxes... and I'd almost say all of them, the ones that sound like the Kiev ones at least.

As the OP has shown, capturing sound well on a phone is pretty darn difficult. The sound quality of the sounds captured on most of the Kiev style videos is pretty impossible, without an external microphone.

Unless someone can explain away that issue I'm pretty sure most of this is just internet BS.

Actually, with all due respect, the Kiev ones may or may not be common hoaxes (the SAME source would tend to make similar, if not identical sounds...think how sonar identifies a SPECIFIC submarine by sound alone from a long distance) but the majority of the combined sounds aren't a hoax at all, IMO. Not withstanding a few dozen children with too much time to play with Audacity and Youtube, I think it's becoming clear that something big is happening, and it's literally planetary for area of reported effect.

The sheer number of experienced and veteran ATS people should make a strong statement for anyone doubting the validity of the events. They're happening. Absolutely no question...and just as we'd expect to happen, more and more people are directly experiencing it, planet-wide.

I can't help but wonder what truths may be there to really shock us in finding what is doing this and generating the energy involved for sounds as widespread and strong as people are hearing increasingly often these days.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Hi I have listened to the video using headphones and I would say its a helicopter hovering some distance away. I have heard the same thing here in the UK many times when there is a police helicopter up there hovering using their infra-red cameras to catch crooks.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The same bird call is heard in all those videos. Unless the aliens are bringing their pet birds with them.. Well.. Do I really need to finish that sentence...?

On top of that no cell phone could've recorded that sound, considering the frenquency range.

There's nothing big going on; you've fallen for a hoax.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

The same bird call is heard in all those videos. Unless the aliens are bringing their pet birds with them.. Well.. Do I really need to finish that sentence...?

On top of that no cell phone could've recorded that sound, considering the frenquency range.

There's nothing big going on; you've fallen for a hoax.

Hence, I noted there ARE kids playing with Audacity and other off-the shelf audio programs....and having a bit of fun. However, if that is enough to write off the literal THOUSANDS of reports that have come from around the world in the last 6 months, then I'd like to meet this army of kids. That ALONE would be worth quite a moment of awe for accomplishing.

After all, if you're calling your fellow ATS veterans liars, that is fair enough..but be clear, since I've counted at least a dozen of them in just the last few days reporting *FIRST HAND* experience in hearing this. That isn't hearing a recording, mind you, but hearing it with their own physical ears.
The number going back into August is one I don't have off hand...but I can tell you I have a few directories full of material on these sounds from all over the net, including ATS, and the numbers are staggeringly high.

I know ATS has many a fad and doom trend come and go...but this one has physical evidence, world wide reporting and a steadily increasing flow of occurrence. I'd say it passes the basic laugh test to at least consider as a real situation that is worthy of serious effort to get to the bottom of.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Hi I have listened to the video using headphones and I would say its a helicopter hovering some distance away. I have heard the same thing here in the UK many times when there is a police helicopter up there hovering using their infra-red cameras to catch crooks.

I have heard plenty of helicopters, prop planes, and jets overhead as I am in a heavy traffic area for such. I was born here in 1977 and grew up in the same house since I was 5 and that house is 2 miles from the one I live in now. I have been around a lot of prop planes and helicopters as well with Dobbins AFB nearby and plenty of airshows to go along with it. I am very used to those sounds and hovering helicopters around and this was not anything I have ever heard before. My fiance said the same thing and grew up not far from here as well.

I have never been a big youtube fan for these kinds of videos, unfortunately the only way I had to load that was uploading it to youtube since my iphone is jailbroken and I did not want to sync the whole thing last night. There is no hoax on my end...just strange sounds that lasted a while that I have never heard before and they continued for at least a couple hours....could have been longer as I don't know when they started and went to bed before they ended.

Not saying there is something going on, not saying aliens or government conspiracy, just saying they are odd sounds that are not usual for this area and the length of time they persisted had me baffled.

I know my audio is very low, but it was a phone and the sound was a very low tone. I know chopper sounds and there was no "buffeting" in this as you would have with a chopper. The sound was much more like the way I described it in an earlier post....a squadron of prop planes high above the cloud line.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thanks for this post OP.

I have also heard strange sounds in the sky hear in Scotland, just south of Glasgow last week.

It was a loud drone, identical to the noise in this video; like a swarm of prop planes or a loud electrical buzz, that lasted a few minutes.

Police helicopters and Chinooks fly past all the time, this was different and MUCH louder.

My bet is new aircraft test flights, just a hunch. I think the "Trumpet" videos are faked though; saw those, this sounds nothing like it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I'd really like to see this huge amount of videos from long standing awesome veteran ATS members - the ones that show the same weird alien sound like in the famous Kiev, Alberta etc videos.

They don't exist.

There are exactly 2 categories of videos.

One or two original fakes were posted and one by one hundreds of people jumped on the band-wagon and produced more fakes. Evidently by simply merging the sound from the original Kiev video into their own video. I'm talking about this eerie alien rusty trumpet whatchammcallit sound. These are Category 1 videos, and yes they are all fakes, all the hundreds that you can find on Youtube by now.

Then you have your long standing and trustworthy ATS members, getting all honky wonky because they hear every day about new weird sounds, and guess what .. they start hearing things. They hear the normal humming of Diesel or Turboprop engines or a distant train passing by and they freak out and record it. And these videos ALL sound completely different .. there are no alien trumpet sounds in them. Just humming or something completely different, mostly not audible at all.

So what we've got ourselves here, Ladies and Gentlemen, is a funny mix of fakes and paranoia. Quite astonishing to watch actually.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You won't hear the rotor buffeting if the helicopter is far enough away. What you will hear is waves of throbbing noise as the sound waves drift with the wind in and out of your audible range. Through the headphone I am defiantly getting the tell tell far of drone of a helicopter. I also live 10 miles away from a lightly used old raf base they run helicopter trips from there so I often hear helicopters in the distance .

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I live in Newnan, about 45 min south of ATL, and 15-20 min north of peachtree city... I didn't hear anything last night, but I did go to bed early. I'm going to try and listen for it tonight. I'll report back here if I hear anything.

*nice to see there are at least a few members near me!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

I'd really like to see this huge amount of videos from long standing awesome veteran ATS members - the ones that show the same weird alien sound like in the famous Kiev, Alberta etc videos.

They don't exist.

There are exactly 2 categories of videos.

One or two original fakes were posted and one by one hundreds of people jumped on the band-wagon and produced more fakes. Evidently by simply merging the sound from the original Kiev video into their own video. I'm talking about this eerie alien rusty trumpet whatchammcallit sound. These are Category 1 videos, and yes they are all fakes, all the hundreds that you can find on Youtube by now.

Then you have your long standing and trustworthy ATS members, getting all honky wonky because they hear every day about new weird sounds, and guess what .. they start hearing things. They hear the normal humming of Diesel or Turboprop engines or a distant train passing by and they freak out and record it. And these videos ALL sound completely different .. there are no alien trumpet sounds in them. Just humming or something completely different, mostly not audible at all.

So what we've got ourselves here, Ladies and Gentlemen, is a funny mix of fakes and paranoia. Quite astonishing to watch actually.

Well isn't that something. You haven't heard them in person...but many others have. Therefore, they must be hoaxers and outright buffoons who can't tell a helicopter from a crop duster. I see. That is sure the 'Deny Ignorance' spirit we all come here to find. Yes Indeed.

As for where all the people are...I believe I saw THREE this morning, on this one site, alone. This is not the only site that has reports flowing in and I don't mean complete joke places like that heavenly spot we all know of out there.

ATS is but one of several sites people are sharing these *F I R S T H A N D* (Just in case that fact is missed again) experiences.

If people want to debunk, then by all means, PLEASE DEBUNK. I'd love to be proven wrong...but that is *PROVEN* wrong. Saying it's all a hoax because...well, because you said so, barely deserves the effort to make a reply at all. However, I do try and be open minded...and this issue is FAR too important for whatever it turns out to actually be, to be thrown to the side over petty feuds and silly fights over 'is it or isn't it'.

For those who just stomp their little foot down and DEMAND this isn't real..cause they ain't heard it yet...I say, be patient. You will.....eventually, at the rate this is growing and expanding. It just takes patience..and just a sliver of open minded approach left to greet the unknown with, when it does happen in your area.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

Sorry...I mentioned it in my first post in this thread. Powder Springs.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Yes, because we know people that post on ATS are all honest brokers. Very logical.

Guess what, hoaxers claim stuff too, first hand.

Bit of conundrum you find yourself in.

You trust hand evidence, but hoaxers also post first hand evidence, which you trust, but it's a lie, so...

The evidence is in front of you, many of the videos share the exact same, not similar, but the exact same bird calls... same pitch, duration, same everything.

The quality of the "recordings" makes them essentially impossible with mobile phones.

Two pretty unshakeable bits of real info.

In other words, the people that are hoaxing this are LYING to you. Others claiming to hear stuff are simply wishing they heard the same sound.

We see this all the time with UFOs don't we? A bunch of people see skydivers and suddenly the internets is full of "evidence" about a guaranteed alien invasion.

Time to get a bit more cynical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join