It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Sounds 1/25/2012 Atlanta, GA Personal Video/Audio

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
OP, I do agree with one of the first posters about it possibly being an aircraft.

Obvious disqualifiers for it being such are;

-You don't live near an airport (or Hospital with a Heliport!)
-You have lived there long enough and never heard it before.

Otherwise, great catch! not trying to be overly skeptical but just offering possible explenations.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I cant say im not curious about whats this all about, but id say im rather worried about it.
i dont find any settling explanation to this whole phenomenon. i thought it could be some sort of a viral campaign at first...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I found this interesting maybe you guys will too?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I find this highly interesting but unfortunately it has gotten to the point where it is losing credibility(oh my bad, I wasn't recognizing the obvious signs of a government planned "false-flag" operation to cover up the true nature of the sounds- pfft!). Now there are tons of videos from morons who have never stopped to truly listen to the sounds that are common in the areas they live in. Or, we have the jackass people who obviously just added some audio while editing their video on their computers.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shewhohasnoname
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I found this interesting maybe you guys will too?

www.youtube.com...

Nah, I think they all are what they explained as - military jets breaking the sound barrier. This is what happens, something possibly legit is exposed and then the morons start posting "strange noise in Canton, Ohio" and its the sound of a highway in the distance. Also, Nick Pope, the former head of the UK Ministry of Defense has come up with some great possible causes - hoaxers, thunder and the strange ways that noise can be transported across the earth(much in the same way pilots report "phantom" radio messages that were broadcast years ago but still bounce around the atmosphere), high-voltage power lines, as well as the Earth itself. But yeah, I hope it's something crazy as well, I won't lie! HAHAHA!
edit on 2/4/2012 by GolaniBrigadeInYaArea because: ***Pope was the head of the investigation of UFOs for the ministry, not the actual minister.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GolaniBrigadeInYaArea

I first became aware of this topic while backpacking in Costa Rica, and Nicaragua last week with my wife. We had stopped overnight in a small hotel with wifi connectivity, and found it in the local news coverage online.
It seems that Costa Rica has had reports of the same phenomena twice in as many weeks, and that there were reports from all over the country.
I have been a lurker here on ATS for some time, but yesterday, when I read the Atlanta Noise thread, I simply had to sign up and join the discussion. I own a home in Dallas, Ga. which I have rented out, while doing some photojournalism work in Latin America for my blog, so naturally, this caught my eye.
I personally have not experienced anything of this nature, however, in my opinion, there is far too much evidence being presented to totaly ignore all of the reports.
I do agree that there are many, bogus reports out there, as well as a number of "false-flags." I have a healthy level of skepticism, but in this case, I believe that there may be something very significant happening here.
Thank you for providing an outlet for me to share my feelings.
edit on 5-2-2012 by PROFFESSOR because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2012 by PROFFESSOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I personally heard these creepy sounds here in Norman Oklahoma this morning. Around 11 a.m. I was actually listening to it without even paying it any attention for about 5 minutes before it got too loud to ignore. I didn't even think to record it, just thought "That was friggin weird" and went inside. I posted on facebook asking if anyone else in town had heard it and asked what it was. My neice showed me the Skysounds all over the world video as a joke and it was exactly what I was heard. It never got as loud as it did in most of the videos, but the sound was almost identical. It didn't last much longer than that 5 minutes.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The sound in the video sounds like a C-130 on station(circling around) or on the runway standing by. Not to discredit the vid but there are 3 airports IVO Sandy Springs/Atlanta. Dekalb-Peachtree, McCollum, and Fulton County Airfield. To be honest it doesn't sound like the 'trumpets' heard in other vids. Also there is Dobbins chair force base not far from the recording.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Sounds like the ones here - low sound of jets, with no jets?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

edit on 6-2-2012 by lastof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Pretty amazed at how many have heard this same thing and have video's of it. Most of what I have heard sounds like what I posted in my first post/video on this thread. I keep reading over and over that everyone thinks this is a C-130 or whatever other plane they come up with, but if you would take the time to read the rest of my posts you would see that I have lived in this area for YEARS, almost 35 years. I know there are airports around, I can tell you the ONLY ones I have ever heard planes coming from are Dobbins and Hartsfield. There are plenty of military aircraft flying overhead and doing practice touch-n-go's all the time as well as plenty of jets around. If I look to the sky on any given night I can see the lights from numerous planes.

This was NOT the same. This sound lasted for a very long time and fluctuated as it did in the video I posted. It was not directional, it was overhead. I know where all of the airports are in relation to my house and it was not coming from them. I have heard it a couple more times since. If I can catch it on my phone again this week I will.

Thanks for all the great responses.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This was my theory about the noises, rmblings and birds. As well as multiple satalites failing for no good reason they know of. very weird. its just like the movie Independence Dayy.maybe there are cloaked mothership alien crafts or just really massive ones positioning themselves over multiple areas around the world. or just one or a couple of them moving over towns/cities flying very low for some reason. maybe they are scanning or abducting or gathering information on a mass level of some sort for who knows what reason. I did find it strange that when many psychics around the world gave their 2012 predictions during the holidays, the majority of them saw that this year would be when the ETs would make themselves known with some event. what that is who knows. a lot of these psychics are on record predicting things like 9/11, michael jacksons death, earth quakes, tsunamis, etc. And I think all these flocks of birds that died of blunt force trauma probably hit the UFOs.

I also have a theory that if it is true that this year we will see a massive disaster like earth quakes and what not that will perhaps kill half the earths population or more, that maybe the ETs have been gathering earth's lifeforms and cataloging a historic library of sorts through abductions, experiments (animal and human mutilations), etc. Like Noah's Arc kinda. Who knows. Could wrong of course. Just a guess.

PS: After reading about these sounds and rumblings I was sitting in my apartment the other night when I actually started hearing these weird ass sounds. And people are right it does sound like its coming from the sky. its so #ing weird I cant even explain it. This is the first time Ive mentioned it.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Caidema because: Forgot to add the last bit of info

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Same sound again last night and this morning. Don't know how long it lasted or if it went through the night but wehn I went to bed I heard it and when I woke up and left for work it was still going. Didn't have time to record it but will check a bit later during lunch to see if I can get a recording. Anyone else in the area (Sandy Springs, GA) hear it?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Signs, signs, everyhwere there is signs, good song. Too bad people don;t read the signs, nor do they understand them when it is blatant

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i left for work around 8:30 and I heard nothing in teh Dunwoody area...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm in Cartersville and have been hearing a low hum or rumbling for quite awhile. At first I thought it was the neighbors bass making the noise but the sound didn't get closer or farther away. Then I thought it was a large truck on one of the streets either side of me. I didn't think much about it but Tuesday night I heard it again and last night too. I work second shift and when I come home I'm usually up for a couple hours winding down from my day. The house is quiet the neighborhood is quiet except for this low rumbling. I don't know how long it goes on, I usually go to bed around 3 am but I can hear it as I fall asleep. And I don't know what triggered it but suddenly it dawned on me that it's not a truck or a bass in a car its something else, but what? Anyone else in NW Georgia hearing this too? PS the cats hear it too

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
it's 2:30am, the low rumble is back, my cats are on high alert and the neighborhood dogs are barking mad....i'd go outside and investigate but i'm a chicken lol

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kyndlady

Where in Atlanta???
edit on 2/10/2012 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Been reading the thread regarding sky sounds as I find this subject very interesting. I too believe that there has been many fakes jumping on the bandwagon. Here's a link to a local newspaper in my area (Middlesbrough, UK) reporting on strange sounds heard by many people, don't know if its the same sounds that have been heard elsewhere but thought you may find it interesting...

The Gazette received dozens of reports of the earth moving and two loud explosions in areas including Brotton, Saltburn, Marske and Guisborough.

Link to Aticle
edit on 11-2-2012 by rapsutin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a friend of mine in BIrmingham Alabama ... just 2 hours West of you all .... heard it at 3:00 am this week.
She's in her 60s and isn't into conspiracies. She only knew what was going on because I had told her
about these things about a month ago. She said it was freaky ....

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join