It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids seem so slow these days ! What's up with that ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
The older generation always complains about how the newer generation is stupid and shallow and has no appreciation for things of value.

Complaining about young people? Congratulations! That means you're OLD!

Well that too but even more so I thought I expressed concern. Thanks for making me feel jealous or some messed up thing like that.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
The older generation always complains about how the newer generation is stupid and shallow and has no appreciation for things of value.

Complaining about young people? Congratulations! That means you're OLD!

And this is why several times I replied but deleted my text.
I am NOT old, I refuse to cotton to that regardless of my chronological age, but Ive observed some asshattery out of my own kids that I cant believe. I keep telling myself that I never was dumb enough to do that or it must be the additives in the food that makes these kids a bunch of idiots. Then my wife reminds me of the story my mother told her about me burning my eyebrows, eyelashes, and most of my hair and lips off by filling my mouth with butane and trying to throw a fireball with a lighter - at 18.

Ive come to the conclusion that yes, many things with the educational system are dumbing our kids down, nutrition is lacking, all of these other things that add up - but if we arent making up the difference at home just who can be blame but ourselves??

The asshattery? Well, its just the same idiocy we all had, it is just taking a new form with each generation due to the different things available to the kids. I still cant handle the text speak writing and communication though. Thats pushing it too far!

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join