It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation CNN Debate Blackout #OpDebateBlackout - Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't know if the actual video message is accurate or not but, according to the video Anon is declaring they will blackout all responses from all candidates except Ron Paul in retaliation of the media blackout concerning R.P..

So if you are watching the debate tomorrow livestream as I will be and notice something strange happening, it maybe this.

Youtube.com

Shut down CNN.com during the Florida debate. In response to the establishment media blackout of Ron Paul, and specifically to the lack of equal time given to him in the debates, we the people will be blacking out the responses of all candidates except Ron Paul in the upcoming CNN debate in Jacksonville Florida on Thursday, January 26 at 8PM eastern standard time. This is a call to all who are willing and able to join this effort to show the establishment media that we will not tolerate the continued media blackout of Ron Paul, and that we will, in return, shut down the cnn website and their live stream of the debate.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

we the people will be blacking out the responses of all candidates except Ron Paul in the upcoming CNN debate in Jacksonville Florida on Thursday, January 26 at 8PM eastern standard time.

Much internet love for that

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
1. I don't know if it's legit or not, but anyone who f*cks with CNN is fine with me.

2. How come he has less time than the others?, how do you people debate??

(obvious note is obvious, I'm not from the Usa)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I love that they use WE THE PEOPLE, its like stomping on and kicking in the gut those PTB.

I really do think that they only change will come from force, unfortunately Mao was correct

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Everything that Annon has threatened to do since its first attacks has failed horribly so this will be similar as it will go nowhere. Ron Paul people already spam the twitter and facebook feeds of every major candidate including Ron Paul himself. So I highly doubt they can do anything serious here! I mean more so than is already being done. Just look at ATS full of Ron Paul stuff!
edit on 25-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I dunno...Yes CNN and the rest of the media have surely mis-represented Paul, slandered him, claimed the "un-electable" card, always ask him stupid questions like "What are you going to do when you lose the nomination?" and black him out in the debates and on their little tv shows... BUT I'm not sure this is a good idea. If somehow anonymous does end up interrupting the debates then the MSM will just use it to make Paul look like a "terrorist". Then again, they already pretty much do say that about him. This is a tough one.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Y'know, I watched Dr. Paul in the debates.

I saw a man who didn't step in and take the conversation when he COULD have done so. I see a man who isn't scheduling a lot of visitis and other newsworthy events. I see a man whose super PAC (yes, Paul has one) is pumping money into ads -- although I don't see him pumping much money into media ads.

I think his lack of action is a big part of why he's "ignored." The press isn't going to run out and track him down and find out what he's doing today (which was nothing) while Newt's got six events scheduled for today and Romney's got foiur events for today and even Santorum has three events today.

(note -- those are daily calendars, so if you're checking this on a day other than 1/25/2012 you will see different numbers.)

He was supposed to be focusing on races other than Florida -- but, y'know, I don't see him doing anything in Nevada.

So I think the problem lies with him. If he's not creating news, they're not going to talk about him.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

I think his lack of action is a big part of why he's "ignored." The press isn't going to run out and track him down and find out what he's doing today (which was nothing) while Newt's got six events scheduled for today and Romney's got foiur events for today and even Santorum has three events today.

I don't think that. I think a big part of why he's ignored is because even if he comes in second, they just wont mention his name. I mean, have you followed the media blackout concerning Ron Paul? If not then you should read up because you're behind!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why not, but there will be none left to hear RP speak. Beside bad publicity for RP (you know how the media will spin it) it will not impact many...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I agree... I am on the fence with this too...

Yes on one hand the Ron Paul movement may finally be able to be seen by everyone, and actually get the entire voting nation to open their eyes, but on the other hand... it could discredit the entire Ron Paul movement in many ways.

I mean, half the reason why I love the guy so much is because he is so honorable in his approach to things. Yeah, he definitely should speak up a little more but on the other hand, where would that get him? In even more media tv shows and blogs with people bashing him? I dunno bout this... I don't think I would actually go through with this if it was in my hands but if it was to happen, then I am not sure if I would oppose it either. I guess we will have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If Ron Paul doesn't publicly come out against this endorsement and this plan to disrupt the debate...it will be seen as he is condoning the plan/action.

Anon just screwed RP...he either rejects Anon and piss off his army of internet supporters...or he accepts them and is linked to a hacking group.

Good job Anon...you may have ended Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I disagree. Ron Paul has no control what people do. And there's no point in blaming him for others actions.
hes not involved with "hacking" so have fun trying to link him to it. And NO ONE RATIONALE will try and blame him for what the wild beast anonymous does.

You just love to jump on Paul any chance you get huh? its getting fairly old, like hearing the same record(broken) over and over again. Pretty much all i see how when i see a post from you is.

"blah blah blah, very weak attempt at smearing paul"

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Anon just screwed RP...he either rejects Anon and piss off his army of internet supporters...or he accepts them and is linked to a hacking group.

^This. Though if he rejects this move, it would look much much better to the public than if he were to not say a word. The general public fears hackers, and any connection to Paul and a hacker group would end his chances immediately.

I think in this case it is better to anger the small group of troublemakers that already support him, than to scare the crud out of the public who hasn't decided yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Good Job...take out the only one looking out for my rights!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
If you think of Anon as another arm of the government, this makes sense. The big thing hurting RP is RP supporters. Most people can't stand RP supporters now and the media has played into this. Those that only get their news from the MSM don't want to hear anything from his supporters as they are "whining". If Anon does this, thats just more fuel to the fire.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
i'm fairly certain that because of the obvious tactical giveaway, that the plan is to just throw this onto the internet, it will self-spread, thus the op eventually manifests itself

thats the only reason I could see them putting it out there like that. no surprise attack just heres what we are doing and when. back to 18th century are we

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
I mean, have you followed the media blackout concerning Ron Paul?

How does one follow the ignoring of an individual, exactly?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Form of Censorship. plain and simple.

you must expose lies. promote truth.

you cannot decide what should be blocked and what should not be blocked.

seems hypocritical of anon.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Everything that Annon has threatened to do since its first attacks has failed horribly so this will be similar as it will go nowhere. Ron Paul people already spam the twitter and facebook feeds of every major candidate including Ron Paul himself. So I highly doubt they can do anything serious here! I mean more so than is already being done. Just look at ATS full of Ron Paul stuff!
edit on 25-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

I sure hate having to agree since the concept of what Anonymous wants to project an image of is awfully attractive. You're right though. They are all bark and little or no bite. I know there are highly skilled people out there and they're also highly fed up....but they aren't making grand statements like this, indeed. Anon has a long way to go in doing what they say if they ever want the name to really carry credibility.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

I agree.

1. I think Ron Paul's followers want him to be president MUCH more than he actually wants it.
2. The idea of censoring what people hear goes 100% against the Constitution and what Paul stands for. Anyone who supports censorship of Paul's opponents is a HUGE hypocrite.
3. The overzealous Ron Paul's supporters are his worst enemies.

Yes, if this happens, it will be over for Paul sooner rather than later.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join