It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India- where the rich count and the millions don't.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It seems like Britain carries on giving out aid with no thought or consequence to its own people..We give £1billion in aid to India for a country that has millions of its own living just on /below the poverty line, The country does quite well for itself..
Here
Ok this was last year, but there has been no reduction in the amount of aid being handed out.
This part of the next link however makes my hackles rise ,
"The Chandrayaan mission, which cost $100m, dropped a probe carrying the Indian flag on to the moon in 2008. The agency plans a mission to the moon in 2016 carrying two astronauts at an estimated cost of Rs124bn."
WTF? Why do India feel the need to spend this amount of money for the sole purpose of researching the ability to put men on the moon? what are they going to do on there? Build a corner shop? Here is the full article, it is based around the corruption proceedings currently ongoing.
Corruption in India

It seems that the corruption that has been rife in India for many many years is finally being addressed , but who are they really trying to kid? This is / in my opinion/ one of the new conditions that the UK are imposing on the Indian government in order to keep that aid coming .
Why do India need aid if they are able to have a space programme? How are they not looking after their own people? Because they are a benefit state. their thinking is- sod the poor, the 'developed powers will look after them'.
this does not sit right with me at all, i havent a clue how much other nations are putting into this state, but i'm sure the reason why there are so many billionaires are in India is a direct result of the amount of foreign aid being ploughed into a country where the only goal is to keep a caste system- ie; keep the lower castes low, so the highers get wealthier.
edit on 25-1-2012 by crimsonred because: sm

edit on 25-1-2012 by crimsonred because: mo

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Made an account because of this, the caste system is in the uk and usa and more or less the whole world i mean you would have thought that over the hundreds of years people would have rebelled oh wait they did lol just after hundreds of years of rebelling against a caste sytsem we sit down at our tables begin to think we own our own homes, we choose our music our careers, i mean im sick to death of the state of sheep we have become if world war 2 was repeated today, germany would own the world, because they invented the nuke so they would have goddammed finished also say what you want but back then even the english and yanks and ruskies were rebellious hard working could take a punch and give six back so it was a horrid dragged out affair today we sit down pants around our ankles whilst the rich # us for what were worth, then send us to our #ty jobs oh wait there cutting the jobs to keep there pay high, i mean i used to understand having a english monarchy because not many countrys do, i suppose the tradition is nice, but lets be honest shes of german descent anyway and were paying taxs to fund her life, hmm id rather actually have my roads potholes filled, and better standard internet connection, hmm bankers, mps on twice a teachers salary, doctors earning 250k a year i mean yeah its hard but
sad truth is THE WAR OUR FATHERS FOUGHT AND DIED PROUDLY FOR SAVING THE WORLD FROM PERSECUTION AND UNJUSTS AND EXTREMISIM WAS POINTLESS, because we now have the ELITIE EXTREMISTS who hide in plain sight and say well if you dont pay me x then i wont earn you x, what you wont earn me x were all in debt you pleb every counrty youve clearly not being doing much earnin have you

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
That was very hard to read. Punctuation helps every now and then. I don't understand what you are saying, your last sentence- was that a dig at me? I've worked every day since i finished university, which was 17 years ago,so, yes i have earned. A lot.
what i am not happy about is the amount of foreign aid which the UK is sending out, whilst we have a huge spending cut in civil service salaries, increased VAT, increased fuel prices, energy prices, etc.
It seems to me that 'OUR' government is very keen to bail out those that realistically don't need help (if their own governments were doing their jobs properly) but at a blatant disregard for the people of the UK, who are paying for all this.
By the way, Germany did not invent the 'nuke' it was invented in the US by Robert Oppenheimer in the Manhatten project.
edit on 25-1-2012 by crimsonred because: SF

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
What I don't get is how one can hold this position and get starred but if one says that drug addicts shouldn't be given aid one is considered selfish. What's the difference between giving aid to a country that abuses it and giving aid to a man who abuses it?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimsonred
It seems like Britain carries on giving out aid with no thought or consequence to its own people..We give £1billion in aid to India for a country that has millions of its own living just on /below the poverty line, The country does quite well for itself..
Here
Ok this was last year, but there has been no reduction in the amount of aid being handed out.
This part of the next link however makes my hackles rise ,
"The Chandrayaan mission, which cost $100m, dropped a probe carrying the Indian flag on to the moon in 2008. The agency plans a mission to the moon in 2016 carrying two astronauts at an estimated cost of Rs124bn."
WTF? Why do India feel the need to spend this amount of money for the sole purpose of researching the ability to put men on the moon? what are they going to do on there? Build a corner shop? Here is the full article, it is based around the corruption proceedings currently ongoing.
Corruption in India

It seems that the corruption that has been rife in India for many many years is finally being addressed , but who are they really trying to kid? This is / in my opinion/ one of the new conditions that the UK are imposing on the Indian government in order to keep that aid coming .
Why do India need aid if they are able to have a space programme? How are they not looking after their own people? Because they are a benefit state. their thinking is- sod the poor, the 'developed powers will look after them'.
this does not sit right with me at all, i havent a clue how much other nations are putting into this state, but i'm sure the reason why there are so many billionaires are in India is a direct result of the amount of foreign aid being ploughed into a country where the only goal is to keep a caste system- ie; keep the lower castes low, so the highers get wealthier.
edit on 25-1-2012 by crimsonred because: sm

edit on 25-1-2012 by crimsonred because: mo

It seems your logo says "DENY IGNORANCE" ,then perhaps if you take a look at the evidence i provide then it will help you get rid of your ignorance.

It seems very few people in the UK or the developed world are aware of benefits of space programs,
for example ,commercial satellite launches(space industry) ,spin-off technologies communication satellites in education etc.
Spending all the government revenues to feed the poor does not make them rich ,the only way to remove poverty is to create a highly educated population that depends much more on technology,much less on agriculture.

www.isro.org...
www.digitallearning.in...
laico.org...
businesstoday.intoday.in...&-hard-business/1/3318.html
www.bsxindia.com...
www.livemint.com...
indianeconomy.org...
www.deloitte.com.br...&D_Overview_Indian_Space_Sector2010.pdf
www.isro.org...
www.sakaaltimes.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
sorry for the long time in replying- i like your ' deny ignorance' post, so i will try and justify my anger at the fact that "The Chandrayaan mission, which cost $100m, dropped a probe carrying the Indian flag on to the moon in 2008. The agency plans a mission to the moon in 2016 carrying two astronauts at an estimated cost of Rs124bn."
For a start , ANY country that does not have the capability or sensibility to look after its own people at the cost of millions and millions of foreign dollars of aid SHOULD not be investing in a space exploration programme.
Now lets look at the facts...
India is currently ranked number 5 in ALL countries www.aneki.com... look at the richest countries tab...

Now lets look at the countries with the largest economies...www.aneki.com...

now how about countries which have had the most amount of foreign aid...www.madote.com...

Now, whats this about? In May 2011, India announced a $5 billion aid programme for Africa over three years.
??????? uk.oneworld.net...
Despite the fact they are receiving .. they are giving out..... and yet we have www.guardian.co.uk... ent/poverty-matters/2010/nov/08/india-aid-economic-development

This is a country that is corrupt as hell, who certainly do NOT need any aid and who are milking what money the countries that are currently struggling to hold onto their own.
Comm sats apart, yes, that will provide a great source of revenue for the country, but seriously, at a cost of letting their own people live in #, struggling amongst the recycling tips trying to scratch a 10cent bags worth of copper etc....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
What I don't get is how one can hold this position and get starred but if one says that drug addicts shouldn't be given aid one is considered selfish. What's the difference between giving aid to a country that abuses it and giving aid to a man who abuses it?

That really does show a lack of intellect. One man that needs help because he is a drug addict and a country that doesn't need it but takes it.

Does that answer your question?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonred

For your kind information Indians do not need your aid. Your aid does not go to the poor, but it goes to the christian missionaries and NGO's who are responsible for halting development in any area .., Conversion of populations to Christianity. We do not want your aid. Your aid is far more dangerous for us...

First get the Hate out of your head. You people have been crying since India choose Rafael over Eurofighter typhoon. The comments section in several British media does prove that.I can bet 100$ this BS would not have happened if India had choose Eurofighter Typhoon instead..

Do you know anything about development and poverty alleviation in India ?? India spends less than 1billion$ in a space program. We spend $35 BIllion in defense and 75Billion$ in poverty alleviation and health. You don't just throw money away to the poor. All it will do is them buying drugs and alcohol . You invest the money where u can get returns.. Starting large scale infrastructure projects which employees the poor , gives them a monthly income and also helps the economy at the same time.. We are investing in Africa for returns and for its resources so that our future generations don't have to suffer what the Western nations did to Africa/Asia for 300 years of colonial rule..

THE POOR IN ASIA/AFRICA IS A DIRECT RESULT OF THE COLONIAL POLICY FOLLOWED BY WESTERN NATIONS FOR 100's OF YEARS . BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MONTH PLEASE THINK...

Now even if any nation does develop the west has the habit of attacking those countries in the name of "Bringing democracy"

Spare me the evil Indian Elite stealing form the poor crap. Please come to India and see the realities for yourself.. We do not want your AID which is used to funding NGO's and other separatists movements across the country.That is the reason British govt. is so hell bent on sending aid. as it suits their perpos...

new topics

top topics

join