It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Has Heated Argument With AZ Governor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
She was just trying to point out, that when his lips are moving,
he is telling more lies!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

She has used fear mongering to garner support for her "pet" private prison cronies and in doing so has virtually destroyed Arizona's tourism industry. Then she has the gall to blame that decline in tourism dollars on union boycotts.

Now you're sure about that above statement. Being here in Arizona and knowing many people needing jobs.
Go ahead and Build those Private Prisons,,, The Liberals are So Worked Up Over, illegals needs a place to stay after their caught! It's Not Fear Mongering,,, It's Real Here!
As far as our tourism business goes.

According to the Arizona Office of Tourism’s report released last month, more than 36.9 million visitors in 2010 spent $17.7 billion in Arizona (that’s 1.9 million more visitors and a $1.1 billion increase in spending than the prior year). Furthermore, the travel industry generated 152,200 direct jobs and $2.5 billion in local, state and federal tax revenues.

www.ktar.net...

Here in Arizona, Most of us know how many Liberals hate Free Thinking and Honest Americans.
We also understand Liberals have to lower themselves too Making Comments Like This:

I would just bet that he went there to speak to the people in the state who actually have a brain. So more than likely, he just doesn't like wasting his time on airheads like her.

Because You're Afraid of People That Think For Themselves and Take Care Of Our Own,,,,, Not Looking For A Hand Out and Calling It A Bail-Out....
Join Together With Your Other Liberal Friends and Don ate To Obamas Presidential Library.

edit on 26-1-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Brewer was interviewed last night to discuss this little exchange with Obama and she described him pefectly. Essentially, she said that Obama is "Thin Skinned" and she is spot on. Poor little Obama can't handle criticism. All she said about him in her book is that he is patronizing. Also correct. He always thinks he is the smartest person in any room or in any situation.

Time to grow of Barack and learn to take a punch without crying. A bloody nose and a black eye every now and again builds character that you are severely lacking.

I'm glad Brewer held him to task. She is trying her best to protect her state its citizens.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Wow you must be Raul Grijalva's personal assistant. The most disgusting looking liberal in congress.

No, actually I'm not but I'd be more than happy to work for the man if ask. Furthermore, I didn't realize that "looks" had so much to do with performance. From what I've seen of Raul Grijalva, he seems to be very good representative who is honest and fair minded and I'd just bet he has no problem getting re-elected when the time comes. He can't help it if he's not white enough to satisfy your taste.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I was just laughing at this:

The face he's making is priceless too!

Obama made the mistake of trying to - lecture - the Arizona governor.

She wouldn't put up with it.

----------
It appears that 2012 is the year of the women.

Expect more women to give Obama a headache this year.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
He is a guest in her State.

Obama is perhaps the single most despicable President I have had the misfortune of living with.

He is a freak and more and more he is revealed as the single most incompetent man serving at the Federal level. There are trained dogs in the DEA that would do a better job...for dog biscuits.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
He is a guest in her State.

Obama is perhaps the single most despicable President I have had the misfortune of living with.

He is a freak and more and more he is revealed as the single most incompetent man serving at the Federal level. There are trained dogs in the DEA that would do a better job...for dog biscuits.

Obama is thin skinned. He hates criticism.

------------
Good News! January 26, 2013 we will have a new president sitting in the White House.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I thought this was an interesting story as I can't remember Obama getting so angry at someone in public before.

Actually Obama has a history of bullying, once as a state senator he had to be separated from another senator

According to the Sun-Times account:

Afterward, Hendon wrote, Obama came to his desk and "told me in an eerie, dark voice that came from some secret place within the ugly side of him, 'You embarrassed me on the Senate floor and if you ever do it again, I will kick your ass!'"

Hendon said Obama then challenged him to go to the rear of the Senate chamber out of the eyesight of reporters for a fight, and Hendon did so. "A little pushing and shoving occurred, laced with profanity too vulgar to write, from both of us, until Sen. Donne Trotter and others separated us," Hendon wrote.The incident, Hendon wrote, showed that Obama "will not hesitate to fight on behalf of the United States if it comes down to it, just as he tried to fight me because of his personal beliefs."

www.chicagonow.com...

The other time was in Washington,www.huffingtonpost.com...

Furthermore, during a Senate vote Wednesday, Obama dragged Lieberman by the hand to a far corner of the Senate chamber and engaged in what appeared to reporters in the gallery as an intense, three-minute conversation.

While it was unclear what the two were discussing, the body language suggested that Obama was trying to convince Lieberman of something and his stance appeared slightly intimidating.

Using forceful, but not angry, hand gestures, Obama literally backed up Lieberman against the wall, leaned in very close at times, and appeared to be trying to dominate the conversation, as the two talked over each other in a few instances.

Oh yea, he is a bully, why do you think he has all those private meetings with people that disagree with him?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Obama is an elitist who doesn't like to be made a fool of.

Good News: He is moving back to Chicago.

The restoration of America has already begun.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Obama is an elitist who doesn't like to be made a fool of.

Good News: He is moving back to Chicago.

The restoration of America has already begun.

I pray you are right.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Gov Brewer is smart and one tough cookie. She'd make a better POTUS than Obama, Newt or Mitt. Obama tried to intimidate her and then he insulted her (walked away mid sentence) all cuz' his massive ego didn't like people seeing him for what he really is. She exposed him .... good for her!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Gov Brewer is smart and one tough cookie. She'd make a better POTUS than Obama, Newt or Mitt. Obama tried to intimidate her and then he insulted her (walked away mid sentence) all cuz' his massive ego didn't like people seeing him for what he really is. She exposed him .... good for her!

Round 1 in the White House: Brewer 1 : Obama 0

Round 2 next to Air Force One: Brewer 2 : Obama 0

Obama looks so weak right now.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Thou Shalt Not Write Bad Things About Obama

www.weeklystandard.com...

I was expecting words of concern about the oil spill, worry about the pending ecological disaster, and words of confidence about how the federal government was here to help. Or perhaps he was going to vent about BP’s slow response. But no, the president was upset about something else. And he wanted to talk about, well, food stamps. Actually, he wanted to talk about a letter that my administration had sent to Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack a day earlier.

The letter was rudimentary, bureaucratic, and ordinary. .  .  . We were simply asking the federal government to authorize food stamps for those who were now unemployed because of the oil spill. Governors regularly make these sorts of requests to the federal government when facing disaster.

But somehow, for some reason, President Obama had personalized this. And he was upset.

There was not a word about the oil spill. He was concerned about looking bad because of the letter. “Careful,” he said to me, “this is going to get bad for everyone.”

There was not a word about the oil spill. He was concerned about looking bad because of the letter. “Careful,” he said to me, “this is going to get bad for everyone.”

It's all about him.
www.weeklystandard.com...
edit on 103131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

That's it, we just don't understand those "free thinking honest americans" from the great "papers please" state of Arizona. Good ole boys like sheriff Joe Arpaio who first refuses to cooperate with federal investigators and then, once forced to do so, gets implicated in numerous civil rights violations;

msmagazine.com...

Today, the U.S. Justice Department filed suit against Arizona’s infamous Sheriff Joe Arpaio for his refusal to cooperate with a federal investigation of possible human rights abuses committed by his office.

articles.latimes.com...

Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Phoenix-based department repeatedly arrested Latinos illegally, abused them in the county jails and failed to investigate hundreds of sexual assaults, the Justice Department charged after a three-year civil rights investigation.

Or State Senator Russell Pearce;

articles.nydailynews.com...

An Arizona Republican who made his reputation trying to boot illegal immigrants is now being given the boot himself — by voters.

State Sen. Russell Pearce - the chief architect of the state's controversial immigration law - was voted out of office in a special recall election on Tuesday.

Pearce lost to fellow GOPer Jerry Lewis 53% to 45% with all the precincts reported.

Lewis, a school administrator, has voiced disapproval with Pearce's enforcement-only approach to illegal immigration.

Pearce is the first state legislator in the state's history to be removed through a recall election, according to the Arizona Republic.

And let's not forget U.S. Senator John McCain. I've caught fish that do less flip flopping than John McCain which explains his recent endorsement of Mitt Romney. What an absolute joke that man is!

Yeah, nothing but "honest, free thinking people" there in Arizona, right! Arizona is the only state that almost makes me feel good about some of the ignorant bums we have representing us here in Texas. Keep in mind, I said "ALMOST." Idiots like "I can't remember 3 items" Rick Perry or the author of SOPA Lamar Smith, then there's Louie Gohmert, Pete Sessions, Joe Barton and let's not forget John Cornyn.

I don't know what happened to my state but we weren't always like this. There was a time when we elected good people from Texas like LBJ who enacted the Civil Rights Act and appointed the first black Supreme Court justice. The current state of affairs in Arizona just serves as a reminder to me that, things here in Texas could be worse.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Don't go off topic.

Obama made a fool of himself by attacking Gov. Brewer next to Air Force One.

She stood her ground and is now a hero of Arizona.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Don't go off topic.

It's not off topic, you might want to read the post I was responding to. I was told that I just didn't understand the "honest, free thinking" people of Arizona and their representatives including their airhead governor, Jan Brewer.

Furthermore, It doesn't look to me like Obama is attacking Brewer but rather just the opposite. I mean who is shaking their finger at who in that picture?

From what I've been able to gather, Brewer presented the President with a letter requesting a face to face meeting regarding immigration problems facing the state of Arizona. The President then responded by saying to her in so many words, why should I have another meeting with you? Just so you can author another negative book about me for your own personal gain, no thanks! Then he turned and walked away from her, giving her the cold shoulder.

Would you agree to meet with someone who uses the meeting to not only criticize you, but does so just to make money selling their book? I wouldn't!

By the way, Obama was in no way the loser in that exchange. I believe that it was Brewer who said, when ask about being flustered, "I'll regroup." Judging by the smirk on his face, I'd say that the President was quite please with the exchange.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Don't go off topic.

It's not off topic, you might want to read the post I was responding to. I was told that I just didn't understand the "honest, free thinking" people of Arizona and their representatives including their airhead governor, Jan Brewer.

Furthermore, It doesn't look to me like Obama is attacking Brewer but rather just the opposite. I mean who is shaking their finger at who in that picture?

From what I've been able to gather, Brewer presented the President with a letter requesting a face to face meeting regarding immigration problems facing the state of Arizona. The President then responded by saying to her in so many words, why should I have another meeting with you? Just so you can author another negative book about me for your own personal gain, no thanks! Then he turned and walked away from her, giving her the cold shoulder.

Would you agree to meet with someone who uses the meeting to not only criticize you, but does so just to make money selling their book? I wouldn't!

By the way, Obama was in no way the loser in that exchange. I believe that it was Brewer who said, when ask about being flustered, "I'll regroup." Judging by the smirk on his face, I'd say that the President was quite please with the exchange.

If you want to trash John McCain, start another thread.

Obama made a fool of himself in front of the whole world.

Nitpicking over a book she wrote? Give me a break.

Gov. Brewer delivered a knock out blow. That's why Obama walked away.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Look, I was responding to the Insanity of Jan Brewer and her fellow Arizona cronies, I just threw in John McCain as icing on the cake. Jan Brewer is by no means the only neo-conservative destroying the state of Arizona, she has plenty of help and I was just pointing that out.

John McCain really doesn't deserve the time of day in my book, much less a dedicated thread.

If you think Jan Brewer won that exchange then all I can say is that you have a funny way of defining winners and losers. He walks away smiling and she walks away needing to "regroup" and you think she's the winner? Yeah right!

By the way, did she get the face to face meeting she ask for? Just exactly what did she win? The woman is the literal definition of the word "loser" and the sooner Arizona realizes that, the better off they'll be.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Look, I was responding to the Insanity of Jan Brewer and her fellow Arizona cronies, I just threw in John McCain as icing on the cake. Jan Brewer is by no means the only neo-conservative destroying the state of Arizona, she has plenty of help and I was just pointing that out.

John McCain really doesn't deserve the time of day in my book, much less a dedicated thread.

If you think Jan Brewer won that exchange then all I can say is that you have a funny way of defining winners and losers. He walks away smiling and she walks away needing to "regroup" and you think she's the winner? Yeah right!

Obamas behavior was unpresidential.

Gov. Jan Brewer has Obama on the ropes in many areas.

The state of Arizona has its own Fast & Furious investigation getting under Obamas skin.

Reason: Holder and Obama are guilty.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Obamas behavior was unpresidential.

Gov. Jan Brewer has Obama on the ropes in many areas.

The state of Arizona has its own Fast & Furious investigation getting under Obamas skin.

Reason: Holder and Obama are guilty.

Investigation = Guilty, huh. No wonder you think Brewer came out on top.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join