It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Has Heated Argument With AZ Governor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I thought this was an interesting story as I can't remember Obama getting so angry at someone in public before.

www.drudgereport.com...

President Obama arrived in Phoenix at 3:15 pm local time, finding the chilly weather of Iowa giving way to sunny skies and temperatures in the high 60s.

He stepped off Air Force One at 3:28 pm and was greeted by Gov. Jan Brewer. She handed him a handwritten letter in an envelope and they spoke intensely for a few minutes. At one point, she pointed her finger at him.

Afterwards, your pooler spoke with the governor.

"He was a little disturbed about my book, Scorpions for Breakfast. I said to him that I have all the respect in the world for the office of the president. The book is what the book is. I asked him if he read the book. He said he read the excerpt. So."

The full title of the book is: "Scorpions for Breakfast: My Fight Against Special Interests, Liberal Media, and Cynical Politicos to Secure America's Border"

Who knows, maybe that court case in GA tomorrow has him overly edgy.
Nice picture of fight at link.
edit on 1/25/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jan 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Getting busy here
My Representative resigns,
My Governor has pissing contest with President,
And I suspect my Congressman is hanging out with some lobbyists somewhere,
singing Bomb Bomb Iran.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I was just laughing at this:

The face he's making is priceless too!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

At one point, she was pointing her finger at him Developing...

Saw this earlier. Good for her. I know I've certainly pointed (the back of) a finger at him many, many times since he took office. I've often felt like Jan should be the female the GOP eyes for their future frontrunner rather than Palin or Bachmann. She's got a lot more experience at running a large economy facing many struggles, dealing with international affairs, and a great deal more moxie than either of the two highest profile GOP female presidential candidates/dreamers will ever have.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Brewer for V.p.! Finally A politician with the bawlz! to get"real"!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i wonder whats going to happen when he comes to cali and gets cartwheel kicked by Jerry Brown
just so we could one up arizona ;D

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I doubt seriously that he's the least bit edgy over what's going on in GA., that's an absolute joke. I doubt that he went to Arizona with any real expectations of gaining the support of Brewer or her backers in the 2012 election either. I would just bet that he went there to speak to the people in the state who actually have a brain. So more than likely, he just doesn't like wasting his time on airheads like her.

I mean do you really think you're going to have a productive conversation with someone like this?

or this;

or this;

Jan Brewer is a joke and I'm really surprised that President Obama even recognized her presence.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Looks like he is getting ready to spit on her. By walking away from her while she was talking, he pretty much did the same thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I don't find the headless video funny!
Can I ask how many headless bodies have been found in your neighborhood,
unless your in Hollywood.

Is the latest decapitated body found in the Arizona desert near Tucson another example of Mexico’s drug war violence spreading across the border?

thenewamerican.com...

edit on 25-1-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Reply to Gmoneycricket;

Sorry, I responded prior to reading the the linked article and it's looks like I was wrong, at least with respect to the headless body in the desert assertion. My bad.

I still think she's an airhead just the same.

edit on 25-1-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I just showed you a headless body story in Tucson.
I will go find the one that was in Phoenix by Hispanic male.
Obama is the joke.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Ok its been going for years here
A 1991 case.
www.apartmentratings.com...

A woman named angels brosso was killed here and beheaded in the park next to the apartments! I just found it out yesterday and I am getting the hell out!

And police always don't tell all aspects of the crime, for investigative reasons.

edit on 25-1-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

No, just realized I was mistaken. I made a reply to your post before I even noticed the link you provided. Once I began reading the linked article, I realized that my statement was incorrect so I did the edit, finished reading the article, then reposted with my apology.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I am fine don't mean to overreact either, but it appears to us she sided with Obama on this bill.

On April 18, 2011 Governor Jan Brewer vetoed two bills one which set a mandate that anyone running for President must have proof of U.S. citizenship and the other being a bill which allowed guns on college campuses.

And maybe people that don't like guns would say she is stupid, but the gun owners love her for defending rights.

In July 2009, Jan Brewer signed SB 1113, which entitles persons in Arizona to carry concealed guns in bars or restaurants as long as they do not consume alcohol, and the business has not specifically posted a sign in accordance with Arizona law that guns are not to be permitted on the premises.[16] Brewer also signed SB 1168, a measure that bans property owners from prohibiting the storage of firearms in locked vehicles parked on their lots.[17] She signed SB 1243, which allows a person who is threatened to announce they are armed, or display or place their hand on their firearm before the use of deadly force.[18] In April 2010, Brewer signed SB 1108, which removes the licensure requirement for law-abiding citizens who choose to carry a concealed firearm in the state of Arizona—the third state in the union with such a law after Vermont and Alaska.

secure.wikimedia.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I would have stopped her from wagging her finger in my face

She was Invading his space big time.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Brewer is a good egg. If you want to label an Arizona governor as an airhead, it starts and stops with Janet Napolitano, the current Homeland Security wench. She wasn't a horrible governor, by and large, but she certainly has slipped down into the dredges of political idelity as Sec. of the DHS. While in office, she did veto many an attempt to close the myriad of loopholes and security weaknesses which were turning Arizona into a hotbed of illegal entry as well as a hub of narcotic transportation (and manufacture in the case of Meth production).

Brewer, on the other hand, has actually done her damnedest to close many of those holes in the system and, by God, Obama's adminsitration has fought her at every turn. Kind of makes you wonder about an adminsitration that actively tries to prevent a US state from securing their own interests and doing what is best for their own, eh?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I would have stopped her from wagging her finger in my face

She was Invading his space big time.

Where is his right hand? Is it possible to invade an airspce when the enemy already has ground troops across the border?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I couldn't find this subject on the search so I created a thread as well.

I love this pic and the finger waving! Good for her to stand up for her beliefs!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Brewer is a good egg. If you want to label an Arizona governor as an airhead, it starts and stops with Janet Napolitano, the current Homeland Security wench. She wasn't a horrible governor, by and large, but she certainly has slipped down into the dredges of political idelity as Sec. of the DHS. While in office, she did veto many an attempt to close the myriad of loopholes and security weaknesses which were turning Arizona into a hotbed of illegal entry as well as a hub of narcotic transportation (and manufacture in the case of Meth production).

Brewer, on the other hand, has actually done her damnedest to close many of those holes in the system and, by God, Obama's adminsitration has fought her at every turn. Kind of makes you wonder about an adminsitration that actively tries to prevent a US state from securing their own interests and doing what is best for their own, eh?

If you want to consider her a "good egg," that's your choice but in my book she's a rotten egg who has done more harm to Arizona that illegal immigration ever could. She has used fear mongering to garner support for her "pet" private prison cronies and in doing so has virtually destroyed Arizona's tourism industry. Then she has the gall to blame that decline in tourism dollars on union boycotts.

Check out this little investigative news piece;

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Wow you must be Raul Grijalva's personal assistant. The most disgusting looking liberal in congress.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join