It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building in Brazil partially collapses after blast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Building in Brazil partially collapses after blast

www.cnn.com

An 18-story building partially collapsed after an explosion in the historic center of Rio de Janeiro Wednesday, state media reported.
At least two people were killed and 11 others were missing, CNN affiliate Band News reported, citing city Civil Defense officials.
"I started to hear a crackling. I thought they were gunshots. When I looked up, I saw the top floors falling," maintenance worker Julio Cesar de Oliveira Brandao told CNN affiliate TV Record.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's interesting that this was breaking news on CNN.com and reported earlier elsewhere yet they are still repeating the same stories over and over again and not even bringing it up on the CNN television channel. (Newt stories) Real time news stories like this are more important than saying the same thing about Newt over and over again all day long. What a bunch of hacks...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-1-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

are you of the mindset that the explosion was gas related or due to some mechanical fault?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by Epirus

are you of the mindset that the explosion was gas related or due to some mechanical fault?

Im from Brazil, and they (pleople that survived and was near the buildings) r talking on tv that they heard explosions.. to be honest, when I first saw the images on tv, and now that I saw that the buldings r really near a famous theater.. I think that this was an "terrorist" attack or something like that... The images for mee r from controlated explosions..

top topics

join