It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Really As Advanced As We Think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
this is my first thread so be easy on me :]

Mods feel free to move this into the correct forum if needed
that said here we go.

Are we really as advanced as we think? If you ask me i think most of the worlds population runs around like ants, and our leaders act like barbarians, only difference now is they have big guns and bombs. If we were "Advanced" there would be no war, and even less hunger.

The human race needs a new evolution, one that allows us to deal with complex problems without being beligerant. If only we spread knowledge and prosperity throughout both hemispheres with a sound currency and not this imaginary debt. vs debt situation we have now the world would be amazing and safe place to live for EVERYONE.

Then maybe once we get rid of our self destructive habits then we will get a legit visit from an actual fully developed civilization from elsewhere in the universe. K, im done

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Short, quick and too the point, which is a good one I might add.

I agree with rpetty much everything you said.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawlz0rz

I agree. I always thought that as far as the Universe was concerned we would be in the "special needs" category. I am sure that many civilizations have gone through the same thinking.

Astronomers, scientists, doctors, over the centuries I am sure at some point thought that our advancement would either kill us all, or at least keep the more advanced at bay.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The only thing that separates us from back then is fancy ipad's and department stores. Well the internet is the only thing that makes us a little more advanced
considering we have access to many ideas. Besides that it is still the same ol peasants, nobles, and kings.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Astronomers, scientists, doctors, over the centuries I am sure at some point thought that our advancement would either kill us all, or at least keep the more advanced at bay.

this right here is both amazing. and scary at the same time..
we most definately have the potential to be a great race..
but im sure there are people out there who would try to hold us back just for the thirst of power.
oh wait.. thats already happening :/ aha

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I don't remember what movie it was, but our technology has surpassed our humanity. With the population explosion we have endured, one has to keep in mind that collective intelligence deminishes.
The old addage, "Never underestimate the destructive power of stupid people in large numbers.", rings more true now than ever before. It is similar to the movie " Idiocracy", while being a stupid movie had a damn fascinating premise.

Our technology is advanced, of that there is little doubt, however, it is being utilized by the stupidest people on the planet. There is a serious amount of cancellation there.

Nothing short of murder can correct this error in our path. So what now?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yep agree with you, when I look around me I think we should be much more advanced than we are and that we are sliiightly 'gassed' about the things we have

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

i guess were gonna have to start killing em with kindness then
.. i just like to remember "Where there is a will there is a way"
personally i think some people would LOVE to see the slaughter of a few billion to feed their ego
just to say they were "smart" enough to survive..
but if we didn't have 'stupid' people to provide a'stupid' point of view on things then the 'smart' people would have alot more problems to fix.. like light bulb installation lol

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Apologies if my previous post was taken as an endorsement to the slaughter of vast numbers of stupid people.

Unintended...

Just the ones that use technological advance to perpetuate the senseless destruction of mankind for profit. That should significantly reduce the number.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

AHHH now i get it. haha i was a tad bit confused.
but now i understand your point and id be lying if i said i didnt agree
but i Do

new topics

top topics

join