It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lego man in space- ufo or moon....? update: *solved- moon*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I put this in the UFO forum first because im not sure if this is the moon or not. if it is than the mods can move it to the "space exploration" forum because its still a cool video regardless.

video uploaded today (jan 25 2012) the video shows a little lego man holding a Canadian flag going into near space. Taken up by a balloon.

first time seeing the moon/ufo is at 0:36
second time at 1:01
then you can kind of see it from 1:18 on after the balloon pops.

Im suspecting this is the moon but I dont know any better so i'm bringing it here.

regardless if its the moon or a ufo. this video is adorable.

edit on Wed Jan 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: update

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
nvm about moving this thread. I see someone else posted this a few min before me in the space exploration forum haha. news travels fast.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,but check about 15 minutes before your thread in the new topics.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So, what happened, was the feed sent wirelessly? I'm pretty sure that upon reentry little lego man would not be the same, and I wouldn't want to touch the thing without a Geiger.

Nevermind, didn't quite make it out
pretty cool none the less.
edit on 25-1-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

yeah i saw that right after i made this thread, but its in another forum and the mods usually allow 2 of the same subject. mine is based more off the object than the lego man event though. so, different reasons.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Cool with me,bro.That is why I starred and flagged you.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

It could be the moon at :36, a time reference would help us to see what the moon phase was. It appears the size is consistent with the sun, however, it also could be lens flair from the sun, like here at :46 into it.

But the ballon cant get close to space, its going to be at most 3 times the altitude of Mt. Everest.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
satalite?
i hope its ufo

edit on 25-1-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Bye bye camera, but a cool video. And that's the Moon, not a UFO, in my opinion.

How did they get the video from this?
edit on 25-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I thought about the lense flare, but if you pay attention to the rotation of the lego man, it appears in the same spot every time (which could coincide with lense flare) but seems to be stationary. im leaning towards moon but am don't think its a lense flare.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

seems way too big to be a satellite, and like another person said, they would only be able to get to a height of 3x Everest. satellites are further up than that.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

theres a longer video of it but with anoying music
theyv got a still of it the end its the moon
edit on 25-1-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Way too big for a satellite. The moon makes sense as the size was consistent with the sun, (as far as we can assume with the brightness). At :46 it could be just motion blur, whereas at :36 we got a focus. All of these ballon videos are great, what a project for some kids, even high school kids in science class. There is a cute TV commercial with grownups doing this and trying to track the ballon, where it might land, etc...

In all I approve of folks undertaking a project like this, very cool.

Oh, a satellite would have some distinguishable shape to it, it would likely not look round in focus.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

aweson! its shows at 2:20 a picture of, i beleive, the moon, this would explain what were seeing.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Darn! he just missed a splashdown!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

edit on January 25th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Look like the moon to me

Way to go Guy's
One more thing to add to my ONLY IN CANADA Thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Watching them on CTV NEWS right now

Great VID

edit on 26-1-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Lego also makes toys for the kids on Mars Colony...

Cool robots that actually work. Here is one being tested on the ISS by the Russians (because NASA is too stupid to get funding from corporations
)

Cosmonaut Talgat Musabayev plays with the LEGO Mars Planet Protector toy while aboard the ISS. (HO/WirePix)

This series is a highly sophisticated assembly set with programmable microchips and advanced reaction systems such as light-, touch or rotational sensors. The space environment of the ISS was perceived as the right scenario for this hi-tech project. Therefore a public competition was announced to create attention offering interested people to participate in developing a robot that will be in the condition to support the ISS crew during their daily routine work. The criteria of the competition were kept in line with the common Lego principles, i.e. creativity, innovation, fun and teamwork, as well as the basic manned space support parameters, i.e. usefulness, functionality in microgravity, interaction with the crew.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Man those Martian kids get all the COOL toys

Yeah and I bet you guys thought the Mars colony was fake...

edit on 26-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You think those kids were trying to send them that final piece to make it complete up to them since they closed the shuttle program?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So if they are in space, why is there sound at the end of the clip? Sounds like someone breathing and someone moving the camera.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join