It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US special forces rescue aid workers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

US special forces rescue aid workers

www.cnn.com

U.S. Special Forces parachuted overnight into Somalia from fixed-wing planes, then advanced on foot to a compound holding two kidnapped international aid workers and freed them, U.S. officials said Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Now there was a story posted earlier about how US special forces were deployed to an area near the iranian border, this team was SEAL team 6, the same SEAL team that rescued these two aid workers.

coincidence?

i strongly believe that the reason that SF team was sent so near to Iranian border was infact to carry out this mission and has nothing to do with the current sitiuation between Iran and the western world

a lot of people tend to believe that SEAL team 6 was destoryed when there chopper was shot down in Afgahnistan, but people don't know that SEAL team 6 is actually a rather large SF team made up of about no more then 25-35 since the information is classified

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What is TPTB?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If I was any special forces team , id be getting really agitated at the media reporting my where abouts and operations.....

The media sometimes needs to learn to shut their damn mouths on some things......

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioactiveRob

If you look here most abbreviations are listed here. www.abovetopsecret.com...
TPTB = The powers that be
Enjoy,
brice

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I still dont understand, how they didnt take bin ladin the same way. Guess he wasnt as important, as these aid workers.
Good job non the less.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well done

At least they did not blow them apart with grenades like the last time

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Good job and may plant some fear in pirates minds who thought they were previously untouchable on the mainland. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few other countries following suit with their own SF. Would love to see the headcam footage too.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

thought seal team 6 had about 200 guys but I am wrong 2ce a day and was wrong already once today on another thread...so there you go

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

to be honest im not actually sure on there exact numbers because they are classified

but think about most SEALs operate in maybe 10 person teams but SEAL team 6 is a unit like for example 1st battalion 1st marine division is the unit but there are companies in that unit then platoons in the company etc

so you could be right

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

Now there was a story posted earlier about how US special forces were deployed to an area near the iranian border, this team was SEAL team 6, the same SEAL team that rescued these two aid workers.

That's incorrect.

The SOF unit deployed near Iran is called Joint Special Operations Task Force-Gulf Coordinating Council (JSOTF-GCC), and this is the first time the US has publicly acknowledged their existence.

The DEVGRU team that did this raid isn't the same one in Iran, although members of it may be posted there. There is nothing about which units are attached to the recently revealed SO unit.

This is the type of stuff that Seal team 6 is trained for.
edit on 25-1-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I tend to agree, which begs the question, why is the information getting out? Probably because it was meant to. It is good PR (I am not diminishing what they did in anyway) but some stories are good leaks (not just for public relations) but also, to send a serious message to those who would be doing the kidnapping... I would presume that the stories we do hear about are far less than than those we do not.

ETA: Ugh, I hate being cynical, but I just finished reading the full article and the fact that the Pres. called the American hostage's father personally to tell him his daughter was rescued and then said words to the effect of: "they can't do this to our young people" ... smacks of P.R. move. Couple that with the rescues in the Gulf and whatnot, I really would not like to think our Pres. is using the SF for political footing in an election year... but....

edit on 25-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

my apologies, i read the story wrong

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Um Mr.Moderator I just found this info and admit I didnt know it
From wiki

SEAL Team 6 was dissolved in 1987. The operators of SEAL Team Six established the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group, also known as DEVGRU. While DEVGRU is administratively supported by Naval Special Warfare Command, they are operationally under the command of the Joint Special Operations Command.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I tend to agree, which begs the question, why is the information getting out? Probably because it was meant to. It is good PR (I am not diminishing what they did in anyway) but some stories are good leaks (not just for public relations) but also, to send a serious message to those who would be doing the kidnapping... I would presume that the stories we do hear about are far less than than those we do not.

ETA: Ugh, I hate being cynical, but I just finished reading the full article and the fact that the Pres. called the American hostage's father personally to tell him his daughter was rescued and then said words to the effect of: "they can't do this to our young people" ... smacks of P.R. move. Couple that with the rescues in the Gulf and whatnot, I really would not like to think our Pres. is using the SF for political footing in an election year... but....

edit on 25-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Probably because Somali pirates have still got hostages and killed a few in the last 5 months including a disabled British woman's husband while on honeymoon.

Good for them rescuing her and being on the news helps show that pirates can no longer feel safe now.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by markygee
Good job and may plant some fear in pirates minds who thought they were previously untouchable on the mainland. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few other countries following suit with their own SF. Would love to see the headcam footage too.

deny ignorance much?

we and other countries are dumping toxic waste, stealing tuna and shrimp
calling those Somalis that dare get in our way evil kidnapping pirates,
and murdering them when we can spin it as self defense or saving innocents

www.independent.co.uk...

You are being lied to about pirates:
Some are clearly just gangsters. But others are trying to stop illegal dumping and trawling.

Who imagined that in 2009, the world's governments would be declaring a new War on Pirates? As you read this, the British Royal Navy – backed by the ships of more than two dozen nations, from the US to China – is sailing into Somalian waters to take on men we still picture as parrot-on-the-shoulder pantomime villains. They will soon be fighting Somalian ships and even chasing the pirates onto land, into one of the most broken countries on earth. But behind the arrr-me-hearties oddness of this tale, there is an untold scandal. The people our governments are labelling as "one of the great menaces of our times" have an extraordinary story to tell – and some justice on their side.

A United Nations' report released in 2005 says nuclear and hazardous wastes dumped on Somalia's shores had been scattered by the Asian tsunami and are infecting Somalis in coastal areas.

Yes: nuclear waste. One day mysterious European ships started appearing off the coast of Somalia, dumping vast barrels into the ocean. The coastal population began to sicken. At first they suffered strange rashes, nausea and malformed babies. Then, after the 2005 tsunami, hundreds of the dumped and leaking barrels washed up on shore. People began to suffer from radiation sickness, and more than 300 died.

At the same time, other European ships have been looting Somalia's seas of their greatest resource: seafood. We have destroyed our own fish stocks by overexploitation – and now we have moved on to theirs. More than $300m-worth of tuna, shrimp, and lobster are being stolen every year by illegal trawlers. The local fishermen are now starving. Mohammed Hussein, a fisherman in the town of Marka 100km south of Mogadishu, told Reuters: "If nothing is done, there soon won't be much fish left in our coastal waters."

This is the context in which the "pirates" have emerged. Somalian fishermen took speedboats to try to dissuade the dumpers and trawlers, or at least levy a "tax" on them. They call themselves the Volunteer Coastguard of Somalia – and ordinary Somalis agree. The independent Somalian news site WardheerNews found 70 per cent "strongly supported the piracy as a form of national defence".

No, this doesn't make hostage-taking justifiable, and yes, some are clearly just gangsters – especially those who have held up World Food Programme supplies. But in a telephone interview, one of the pirate leaders, Sugule Ali: "We don't consider ourselves sea bandits. We consider sea bandits [to be] those who illegally fish and dump in our seas." William Scott would understand.

Did we expect starving Somalians to stand passively on their beaches, paddling in our toxic waste, and watch us snatch their fish to eat in restaurants in London and Paris and Rome? We won't act on those crimes – the only sane solution to this problem – but when some of the fishermen responded by disrupting the transit-corridor for 20 per cent of the world's oil supply, we swiftly send in the gunboats.

think about that, the next time you're stuffing your face with tuna, shrimp and/or lobster

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I tend to agree, which begs the question, why is the information getting out? Probably because it was meant to. It is good PR

as usual, when you do post
it's not a waste of bandwith

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Thanks for that info.
I knew that there was more to this story, than we are being told.
It wouldnt surprise me one bit if its all true.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
There are teams much more classified than "Seal Team 6" and "Delta Force". They are purely 100% espionage / kill teams and what we would call "Hunter Killer" groups.

They serve expanded operational extensions (times) behind enemy lines with some of the worlds most advanced technology and kill you ..... all day ..... everyday , until of course they are all dead or rotated / returned home. According to rumor (hearsay) expected / estimated 200:1 ratio is acceptable for the (hearsay) rumor of the forty million US dollars they spend on your body (Armoring , training , feeding , and sheltering it). According to hearsay , you are put into a (SAD) training operational role upon your aging or your decreasing combat ineffectiveness.

This kind of team was first created during Vietnam (recruited from SOGs or SOFs - Combat Specific task trained units with sensitive protocols). Though suicide and alternate violent personalities were predominant when they were released back into the general public after Vietnam and according to rumor you are in it for life and forfeit most of the rights given to you by the United States of America post-determined by the consequences of Vietnam.

I do not know a whole lot about them. It is rather hard to find information what they did during Vietnam , but they usually did not bear unit names or identifiable unit separation cryptonyms , but would be identified as Task Force (Theatre Grid appointed signature). They are still "professional" fighting men , but they are now under rule of an Agency which is classified , but much related to the Special Activities Division (SAD) and of course close ties with the NCS. Paranyms are often used within Intelligence paramilitary forces or Joint (SOG) Task Forces to keep budgets and locations hidden.

Seal Team 6 - Delta Force , is there to look pretty and look secret. They are bad ass , but imagine what you don't know about.

Again , a lot of this is hearsay from the Units seen in Iraq / Afghanistan that bore no title or allegiance , but were affiliated with a lot of "blackouts" on post and "STFU" being handed out. (Allegiance is often refered to your division / regiment or operational group)

There is more to go along with the stories told , but some of them are far-fetched. I do not doubt we have some of these things , but isnt worth mentioning , as the hint of mentioning requires theoretical research as proof which simply isnt proof without scientific data / theory applied , however , the forces used / trained for this type of situation / role can be found with a little digging and you will find "disbanded" if you do , which usually means if it is discontinued / disbanded it worked and had the intended effect or more.

------

In short , if people think the "Secret" operation teams you know nothing about except their name is "secret" , you got a another thing coming.

edit on 26-1-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Is this the one who needed rescued????

Looks like it......

florida.arrests.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join