It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Picture of Cancerous Deer or Warts? - Shocking!

page: 2
12
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84
Or it could be cutaneous fibroma, which is a virus seen often with whitetail deer.

My guess is that it is the virus and not from fracking.
edit on 25-1-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)


I think you may have the answer.

Those pics are very similar to each other. Thanks for the link and sources.

This is one of the reasons I love ATS "Deny Ignorance"

edit on 25-1-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Maybe I'm missing something...

That post was done on August 17, 2007 and titled "(Dead) Wart-Covered Deer" ??



Exactly that is why I had to adjust the title and sources.

It would be interesting to hear from an expert on ATS about what exactly this is that plagued the deer.

It's very hard to make my stomach turn, but these pics did it.



I noticed, thanks !!
I don't know what causes that but it is seriously gross.

One comment says:


Apparently once you skin the deer, there's no sign of the warts, so the meat should still be edible.


I need a vomit bag...



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by olliemc84
Or it could be cutaneous fibroma, which is a virus seen often with whitetail deer.

My guess is that it is the virus and not from fracking.
edit on 25-1-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)


I think you may have the answer.

Those pics are very similar to each other. Thanks for the link and sources.

This is one of the reasons I love ATS "Deny Ignorance"

edit on 25-1-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)


No problem! I have actually seen this a few times. Not to the extent that that one deer had, but I have seen it. And fyi, it tasted like every other deer I have eaten.



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by olliemc84
Or it could be cutaneous fibroma, which is a virus seen often with whitetail deer.

My guess is that it is the virus and not from fracking.
edit on 25-1-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)


I think you may have the answer.

Those pics are very similar to each other. Thanks for the link and sources.

This is one of the reasons I love ATS "Deny Ignorance"

edit on 25-1-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)


Good replies. Here's more info if anyone wants it pdf, image...



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Did anyone look at the snopes page this came from? The page this is on clearly states "Fauxtogrophy".
Sorry, pictures are fake..



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by witchof43
 


If that is fake it is damned good

Hollywood special effects good
edit on 25-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here is another couple of sources to prove exactly what this is.

Deer Fibroma ( Warts)

www.nyantler-outdoors.com...

www.texaskayakfisherman.com...



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by witchof43
Did anyone look at the snopes page this came from? The page this is on clearly states "Fauxtogrophy".
Sorry, pictures are fake..


No it isnt its actually a real virus that real deer really catch on a regular basis.



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Something is not right here!!! I am an avid huntress and have not encountered this sort of sickness on a deer yet! It is just aweful what has been aloud to happen to our planet and what is now in a chain reaction going to effect all. Here is a release from my County - bastards


cc
Subject Fw: Please read-deer info

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is asking the public to report any instances of deer appearing sick or acting abnormally. DEC is only investigating deer that appear to have died from unknown causes and not those that were killed by a vehicle, the agency announced today.

Anyone who sees a white-tailed deer acting abnormally or who finds a dead deer that was not struck by a vehicle is asked to report the animal to the nearest DEC regional office or to an Environmental Conservation Officer or Forest Ranger.

"One of the ways that DEC monitors the health of New York's deer herd is by performing post- mortem examinations to determine the cause of the illness or death," said Assistant Commissioner for Natural Resources Kathleen Moser. "We depend on information provided by people who are outdoors to tell us when they see something that does not look right to them."


Recently, DEC indentified an uncommon bacterial disease in a deer from Warren County. This bacterial disease does not affect humans. However, DEC is seeking additional information to determine the prevalence of this disease in the deer herd and is responding to reports of deer that are acting abnormally. Deer with this bacterial disease may have a swollen head, neck or brisket. They also may exhibit excessive drooling, nasal discharge or respiratory distress. To aid in this investigation, DEC would also like to examine any deer that are found dead from unknown causes.

People should not handle or eat any deer that appears sick or acts abnormally. Sightings of sick, dying or dead deer should be reported to the nearest DEC regional office or an Environmental Conservation Officer or Forest Ranger.



I have a sick deer that has been hanging out in the area and I'll be damxyz if I call them to check it out so they can cover it up - poor thing is a mess, but does not look like the one in the photo yet.

Sorry Source from my inbox email - no link
edit on 25-1-2012 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96
 


They seem be two different conditions. If the thing that causes the crazy warts/tumors is a virus and the NY wildlife guys are talking about a bacterial infection I would be inclined to believe so.

I is possible there could be a link to human activity but I certainly would not jump to that conclusion. New diseases, bacterial and viral, pop up in animal populations just as they do in human populations. It seems that the deer in your area have encountered a new bacterial infection that is primarily respiratory. That would explain the drooling and mucus and the swollen areas along the airways
edit on 25-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
oh deer.


edit on 25-1-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
Something is not right here!!! I am an avid huntress and have not encountered this sort of sickness on a deer yet! It is just aweful what has been aloud to happen to our planet and what is now in a chain reaction going to effect all. Here is a release from my County - bastards


cc
Subject Fw: Please read-deer info

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is asking the public to report any instances of deer appearing sick or acting abnormally. DEC is only investigating deer that appear to have died from unknown causes and not those that were killed by a vehicle, the agency announced today.

Anyone who sees a white-tailed deer acting abnormally or who finds a dead deer that was not struck by a vehicle is asked to report the animal to the nearest DEC regional office or to an Environmental Conservation Officer or Forest Ranger.

"One of the ways that DEC monitors the health of New York's deer herd is by performing post- mortem examinations to determine the cause of the illness or death," said Assistant Commissioner for Natural Resources Kathleen Moser. "We depend on information provided by people who are outdoors to tell us when they see something that does not look right to them."


Recently, DEC indentified an uncommon bacterial disease in a deer from Warren County. This bacterial disease does not affect humans. However, DEC is seeking additional information to determine the prevalence of this disease in the deer herd and is responding to reports of deer that are acting abnormally. Deer with this bacterial disease may have a swollen head, neck or brisket. They also may exhibit excessive drooling, nasal discharge or respiratory distress. To aid in this investigation, DEC would also like to examine any deer that are found dead from unknown causes.

People should not handle or eat any deer that appears sick or acts abnormally. Sightings of sick, dying or dead deer should be reported to the nearest DEC regional office or an Environmental Conservation Officer or Forest Ranger.



I have a sick deer that has been hanging out in the area and I'll be damxyz if I call them to check it out so they can cover it up - poor thing is a mess, but does not look like the one in the photo yet.

Sorry Source from my inbox email - no link
edit on 25-1-2012 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)


We've had some odd things here as well. My wife and I personally saw 3 deer kneeling and dying/very ill on the side of the highway. People were approaching them and petting them like they safe dogs. The deer didnt really respond. I find it odd that 3 deer would be ill at the same tiime and so ill they were that docile on the side of a highway enough for humans to approach. We didnt get out, of course, but from maybe 50 ft away they looked outwardly healthy and not overly skinny. Not outwardly diseased as the one in the OP. With the other die offs and disappearances in our area of different fauna, it certainly stuck in my mind for future reference.



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
Something is not right here!!! I am an avid huntress and have not encountered this sort of sickness on a deer yet! It is just aweful what has been aloud to happen to our planet and what is now in a chain reaction going to effect all. Here is a release from my County - bastards


cc
Subject Fw: Please read-deer info

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is asking the public to report any instances of deer appearing sick or acting abnormally. DEC is only investigating deer that appear to have died from unknown causes and not those that were killed by a vehicle, the agency announced today.

Anyone who sees a white-tailed deer acting abnormally or who finds a dead deer that was not struck by a vehicle is asked to report the animal to the nearest DEC regional office or to an Environmental Conservation Officer or Forest Ranger.

"One of the ways that DEC monitors the health of New York's deer herd is by performing post- mortem examinations to determine the cause of the illness or death," said Assistant Commissioner for Natural Resources Kathleen Moser. "We depend on information provided by people who are outdoors to tell us when they see something that does not look right to them."


Recently, DEC indentified an uncommon bacterial disease in a deer from Warren County. This bacterial disease does not affect humans. However, DEC is seeking additional information to determine the prevalence of this disease in the deer herd and is responding to reports of deer that are acting abnormally. Deer with this bacterial disease may have a swollen head, neck or brisket. They also may exhibit excessive drooling, nasal discharge or respiratory distress. To aid in this investigation, DEC would also like to examine any deer that are found dead from unknown causes.

People should not handle or eat any deer that appears sick or acts abnormally. Sightings of sick, dying or dead deer should be reported to the nearest DEC regional office or an Environmental Conservation Officer or Forest Ranger.



I have a sick deer that has been hanging out in the area and I'll be damxyz if I call them to check it out so they can cover it up - poor thing is a mess, but does not look like the one in the photo yet.

Sorry Source from my inbox email - no link
edit on 25-1-2012 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)


Well without actually knowing when the DEC found the infected deer, there are still a few ways to deduce what may be affecting deer in NY state. I'll boil it down for you.

Since the article came out on the 12th of January, its obvious that the deer was found prior to that date (duh). So lets guess it was either the first full week of January or late December. Now lets take a look at surrounding circumstances. New York had an abnormally warm fall, all the way through December. Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire had record warmth during the autumn months. With warmth brings an unusual amount of insects when you shouldn't be seeing insects (link). My guess is that during a unseasonably warm afternoon somewhere across central NY, a swarm of biting midges hatched and were carried by winds to an unknown location in Warren County, biting and subsequently infecting a deer with EHD.

The DEC hasn't released any information because they may not be sure if it is indeed EHD or if it is Chronic Wasting Disease.

I hope you aren't feeding your deer in your back yard.

EHD in NJ
State of the Climate overview
NYS DEC on Chronic Wasting Disease.



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Can someone experienced dealing with deer tell me what normal deer behavior ought to be? We have them all over suburban Maryland and the bucks are very aggressive pretty much year round. They stare my dog down and one attacked a man and his golden retriever a couple years ago. I don't go outside when I see a buck around.

I do see herds comprised of only does a lot...is that normal? And now I notice the does are apt to stare me and my dog down too. If I want to run them off the property I have to go up very close with the dog and yell and wave my arms around like a fool...day or might. (At night they don't even mind me shining a very bright flashlight right in their faces.) The dog is large and no shrinking violet. And by up close I mean about two meters, sometimes. One day I thought my dog would get to touch noses with the doe! It does not seem to matter what season, they act like this now. I used to be able to only watch them through the window from inside the house but now can walk up to them in the yard or the woods.

I hate to be mean but they bring so many ticks which cause my neighbors to go nuts with lawn pesticide use. So I am glad the county authorized controlled hunts the past couple of years.

As for that picture, yuck, eat more chicken! Or better yet, pass me a salad!



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Likely some kind of cancer/tumors...seen something similar when i was working at a hospital.



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
Can someone experienced dealing with deer tell me what normal deer behavior ought to be? We have them all over suburban Maryland and the bucks are very aggressive pretty much year round. They stare my dog down and one attacked a man and his golden retriever a couple years ago. I don't go outside when I see a buck around.

I do see herds comprised of only does a lot...is that normal? And now I notice the does are apt to stare me and my dog down too. If I want to run them off the property I have to go up very close with the dog and yell and wave my arms around like a fool...day or might. (At night they don't even mind me shining a very bright flashlight right in their faces.) The dog is large and no shrinking violet. And by up close I mean about two meters, sometimes. One day I thought my dog would get to touch noses with the doe! It does not seem to matter what season, they act like this now. I used to be able to only watch them through the window from inside the house but now can walk up to them in the yard or the woods.

I hate to be mean but they bring so many ticks which cause my neighbors to go nuts with lawn pesticide use. So I am glad the county authorized controlled hunts the past couple of years.

As for that picture, yuck, eat more chicken! Or better yet, pass me a salad!


The deer in your area have probably been desensitized to humans and human type things because they have been fed table scraps or bird feed or whatever else someone decides to put in their back yard to attract cute cuddly critters. Feeding deer is one of the main causes of CWD. They trade saliva and excrement through the communal food they eat and become very sick.

Your county JUST authorized a control hunt? I'm sorry to all the animal lovers out there but to allow a population of deer in a specific area to become overrun to the point where they are almost tame is a dangerous situation for the deer as well as humans.


edit on 26-1-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84
 


Thank you for that answer. As far as I know people around here don't put out food because there was also an embarrassing rat problem for the entire county the past ten years or so. It was something to see rats out in broad daylight in the parking lot of fairly nice upscale shopping centers or even out in neighbors gardens.

They took a long time to authorize controlled hunts because of citizen objections...the "Bambi" factor. The same with a bad sanitation problem due to geese at local ponds. Also with the area being so densely populated it was a scary prospect for a lot of people to have hunting around. I live in a modern subdivision and one of the controlled hunts is in a very small wooded area adjacent to big suburban houses with a lot of kids having tree forts and such in the woods where the hunt is taking place. It took many car accidents and that guy getting gored by a buck to get the ball rolling. Even the poor guy getting gored alone probably wouldn't have been enough. People got more incensed the buck went after the dog.

I feel bad, I grew up roaming the woods but won't let my own daughter do so because the deer ticks and dog ticks are so bad and there are fungal growths there I don't remember from my childhood ramblings.



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Likely some kind of cancer/tumors...seen something similar when i was working at a hospital.


no it's a virus.

www.buckmanager.com...



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
reply to post by olliemc84
 


Thank you for that answer. As far as I know people around here don't put out food because there was also an embarrassing rat problem for the entire county the past ten years or so. It was something to see rats out in broad daylight in the parking lot of fairly nice upscale shopping centers or even out in neighbors gardens.

They took a long time to authorize controlled hunts because of citizen objections...the "Bambi" factor. The same with a bad sanitation problem due to geese at local ponds. Also with the area being so densely populated it was a scary prospect for a lot of people to have hunting around. I live in a modern subdivision and one of the controlled hunts is in a very small wooded area adjacent to big suburban houses with a lot of kids having tree forts and such in the woods where the hunt is taking place. It took many car accidents and that guy getting gored by a buck to get the ball rolling. Even the poor guy getting gored alone probably wouldn't have been enough. People got more incensed the buck went after the dog.

I feel bad, I grew up roaming the woods but won't let my own daughter do so because the deer ticks and dog ticks are so bad and there are fungal growths there I don't remember from my childhood ramblings.


I am an avid hunter but with the urban sprawl popping up everywhere around me and the warmer weather through out our hunting season it is increasingly more difficult to fill out tags year after year. This year was especially difficult because it was a bad year for acorns, blueberries, and beachnuts in the woods. And the other issue is that deer aren't stupid. They will stay practically in peoples back yards throughout the day and only venture into the woods at night.

Your issue is tricky due to the fact that it is so densely populated. Unfortunately there is no clear cut solution for culling out the herd to bring it back to a normal safe numbers. Maybe an extension of the deer season through the winter to give people more time in the woods. Is hunting with a crossbow legal in your area? That makes hunting in a populated area slightly safer. Would rather have hunters slinging crossbow bolts in my neighborhood then firing centerfire rifles, slugs or black powder rifles in my back yard.

And try to make an effort through the community to teach the kids about the dangers of wild animals and being in the woods at certain times. And always tuck pants into socks and wear long sleeves to reduce the risk of ticks latching on.

Are there many turkeys in your area? They are the best anti tick implement in the woods.



posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth
 


I wonder did the hunter experience any bio fluid transfer???? Also this thing should be sent to a vet for a Autopsy of some kind to make sure there is no infection lurking in the midst somewhere??? I ususlly dont condone killing these creatures but htis one looks like it was in bad shape and needed to be freed of the pain it looks like it may have been experiencing. ALSO it could of drank from a contanminated spring or creek I hoe they are checking it out well..
edit on 1/26/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
12
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join