It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GTSD,Global Traumatic Stress Disorder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Over the last few weeks I seem to have slipped into a very deep point of reflection.
I have PTSD and one of the natures of the beast is turning inwards.
( What you do when you go inside yourself is up to you really with this disorder. It does have many advantages to it)

I tend to reflect. I have lived with PTSD my entire life. Once I found out what it was, it explained so much to me about how my head works. A little psychology can go a very long ways, and I suspect most psychologists got into it because they had a deep need to understand their own minds. All I needed was the tools to alleviate the symptoms, and I did the rest.

PTSD does something special to the person who gets it. They might not realize it, but they know people better. They pick up on so many cues that they don't even know they see. It all goes into the subconscious mind and swirls there in abstract thought, reprocessed and fed back to the conscious. It is a beautiful process if viewed psychologically. Although to the person with PTSD, it sucks. Hyper vigilance is a bi otch. I've lived with it my entire life ,although I have learned to tone it down and tune it out so to speak.

The USA in particular, but I think much of the world, is suffering from GTSD. I can see it in what appears to be irrational decisions being made by not only my country, but others as well.

The world has been shocked into a heightened state of alert.

How did we get here?

Well obviously a lot of it was 9/11. For many people in the USA it was so shocking that to this day, the thought makes them shake, but there is more....

We bombard ourselves with negative media CONSTANTLY!! When you understand what PTSD is, what I see people doing every day is a form of PTSD. Through media they relive negative images over and over again, reliving someone else's trauma,death, accident, even fictional imagry, and they think they are desensitized to it? They are not. It resides in the subconscious mind and will come out as nightmares, irritability, misplaced emotions, irrational decisions,and just a bad sense that something is wrong. I think this has spread to the masses in such a way that every strange noise, every rumor of war, every element of life in general, is effecting everyone on a much larger scale than we realize.
Hyper vigilance is a bitch.

It will make the world over react.

The scary thing to me is that I don't see a fix for global consciousness.

So that is my little rant. People wonder why the world is so messed up? It is because you watch it over and over again just like someone with PTSD who views their trauma over and over again. It beats you up and keeps you down but you cannot stop looking...over and over again.

end of rant.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I started reading your post sceptical but ended understanding and more or less agreeing with your observations.

what has been working for me is to turn off the TV and when it is on get away from fox news, MSNBC, CNN etc.

Being nice and considerate to other people is a great place to start also. You be nice and let the other person respond as they will.

Anyways thumbs up to you OP!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I really understand this post. And thanks. I live in the deep North Woods, without electricity for a reason. Hyper vigilance is an exhausting thing to have to put up with, the least of which is that you actually feel guilty for taking a break, relaxing or doing nothing. I had to quit listening to the radio, and I only go to the computer once a week, after this posting I will be off to the the woods again. There are days I turn off the phone. However, I have many good friends, and this week I lost my very best friend to a rampant insane case of cancer that had the doctors in Stanford shaking their heads. So I am sort of shutting down also. I do think that the world is GTSD, and since I am a prepper, there is only so much anyone can do, and as I found out this week, you can have plans and then life happens.
Hope it all works out for you. Peace and quiet can do wonders, but lately for me, it can be rough, too much time to think is not always the best either. Sometimes we just have to let the world do what it is going to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What can I say? I complete agree with this thread. I have PTSD and it's extremely destabilizing at times.
I'm seeing more and more traumatic events occurring on a global scale. There's so much happening that people are being affected on multiple levels and everyone reacts differently.

Everything's becoming amplified down to the very core.
edit on 25-1-2012 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bwcawaterbear

Sorry about your friend.

That can be rough for sure.

I wish I could do as you do and just head out into the woods and do my thing, but can't. The closest I come is going back up to Alaska and hanging out on an island far far away for the real world. I plan on doing that next spring again although I am worried about Fukashima radiation actually. The Japanese currents flow right past my hometown in AK.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Turning everything off works great!

I spent about a month without tv or internet and got back into doing art, was a great disconnect from the world and into something I found I love to do. Once we got all of our stuff set up in the new apartment and turned back on, I made a deal with myself not to become so absorbed with the worlds problems, and so far it is paying off.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
What can I say? I complete agree with this thread. I have PTSD and it's extremely destabilizing at times.
I'm seeing more and more traumatic events occurring on a global scale. There's so much happening that people are being affected on multiple levels and everyone reacts differently.

Everything's becoming amplified down to the very core.
edit on 25-1-2012 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

You got that right, totally amplified. It is almost like watching a dream seeing how people are reacting.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone have coined that term yet GTSD lol It fits so well.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
On a good note, getting GTSD will increase psychic awareness in the masses, perhaps this is what the 2012 enlightenment is about.

If you think about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join