It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is tax season just begining and there's already a delay in processing refunds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Just a heads up, I recieved this email from taxslayer.com

We have recently learned that the IRS has a refund processing delay. This was discovered on January 24th by the IRS, which has caused a vast majority of refunds to be delayed at least one week. This affects all taxpayers who have an accepted e-filed return prior to January 24th.

To check the status of your refund or to see if your refund has been affected by this IRS error, please use the “Where’s My Refund” link found on www.irs.gov.

Just another example of the gov screwing with the citizens money...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I KNOW!!!

I posted something earlier asking if anyone was experiencing delays. Didn't really get any answers though. Then on Yahoo someone posted the same message you did from Taxslayer.

IF I ever have to owe taxes, I'll send them a nice letter explaining that my funds are delayed.

UGHHHH!!! I was planning on going home TODAY with that money. I know it's ridiculous to "spend" (I didn't spend any excess money in anticipation) money before you get it. But I have NEVER had my refund delayed. Ever.
I am so irritated.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Let's just hope the money is even there

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yeah no kidding. I guess there is a bank... Santa Barbara bank or something that is where the actual funds come out of. You can check with them to see where your refund is as well. They said they had no record of my SSN.

I filed on the 17th, was accepted by the 18th. Did direct deposit. Was told FIVE different times (IRS, HR Block, etc) that I would receive it on or before the 25th. Today I checked a few times and it was bumped to the 31st. Then Feb 1st. Then the 7th. Now there is "no record". It's pretty worrisome.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I am confused.
What's this "refund" thing you're talking about?

I have to write them a check every year. I have not seen anything called a refund though.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

hmm could be that some individuals have lodged their tax return late and so this is applicable only to them?

there are people who lodge it well after the due date.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

hmm paying more tax at the end of the assessment on top of what you have already paid throughout the year?

get a new accountant.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just pissed. Like many others, I was counting on that money especially since the military is "holding" my last check just in case I owe "them "money, which I don't but I have to wait all the same.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Just heard on the news that if you filed your taxes early, the IRS is issuing IOUs because their system is overloaded. Strangely I never recieved my IOU and what is an IOU from the gov worth? I can't even say that without laughing. What a joke. Maybe next week (so they say)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This happens every year. Computers have to catch up to all the tax changes and there are plenty this year.

Which is why I don't bother filing in January.

new topics

top topics

join