It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't my breaking news show up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I just attempted to post breaking news regarding a change of government in a country that is located in the most important shipping lane in the pacific!

Papua new guinea is under new government today, and the world needs to know!!!!!!

This new government has ties to west! (HENCE why this even happened out of no where in the first place!)

HELLO?!

Thank you for addressing my concern!

link to my proof www.abc.net.au...

why didn't my thread post to breaking news?

edit on 25-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Mutiny underway in PNG

Updated January 26, 2012 09:37:08
Related Story: Rowdy scenes as Somare returns to parliament
Related Story: Court again asked to decide PNG deadlock
Related Story: GG recognises O'Neill as PNG leader
Related Story: PNG court restores Somare as PM
Related Story: MPs defect to dump Somare as PNG leader
Map: Papua New Guinea

Soldiers loyal to ousted former prime minister Sir Michael Somare are understood to have staged a mutiny in Papua New Guinea's capital Port Moresby.

At about 3:00am today a group of between 12 and 20 soldiers are believed to have raided the defence force headquarters at Murray Military Barracks and placed the head of the army, Brigadier General Francis Agwi, under house arrest.

The ABC understands that a new commander has been sworn in.

The mutiny is believed to have been peaceful.

Sir Michael was ousted as prime minister and replaced by Peter O'Neill in August last year after his seat was declared vacant while he received medical treatment in Singapore.

In December, the Supreme Court ordered his reinstatement as prime minister and as an MP.

But despite that order, Mr O'Neill remained the effective prime minister with the support of the public service, police, defence force and most MPs.

Last week there were rowdy scenes in the parliament when Sir Michael walked in brandishing the court order and demanding his reinstatement.

He was warned by Mr O'Neill that he could be arrested if he shows up again.

More soon.

Topics: world-politics, papua-new-guinea

First posted January 26, 2012 09:16:32

that story??

me.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I'm not sure I understand the problem. When you posted the thread, did it accept it okay?

I haven't been able to find the thread in your thread list, but this certainly looks newsworthy.

If you're willing to give it another shot, you may want to try posting the thread again (and please be sure to make backups of your posts when you do, just in case) and see if it goes through.

If it doesn't, please let us know!

edit on 1/25/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I am still worried about the innocent by standers in Papau and all the young intelligence officers their who have no idea what they got themselves into!

Trust me in a few weeks American military ships will be in that region, due to its proximity to India.

and India might not be ally for much longer due to recent developments.

Also. Imagine world war three.

It's not with the middle east, It's with Asia.

I really am just besides myself. It's so obvious whats going on. With "Arab Spring."

Now this?

The world should be outraged. America is showing complete disregard for Third World Democracy.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
I just attempted to post breaking news regarding a change of government in a country that is located in the most important shipping lane in the pacific!

Nobody knows why your post didn't make it. Calm down and try again. Really. I have noticed that ATS servers have been extremely busy these last few days. I had a couple of posts go awry as well. Once it never got there and once it didn't react normally, but it DID get there, resulting in a double post that I had to erase.

It's not a conspiracy. ATS is not against New Guinea. Just do it over. And my advice is that if it's a long post, compose it off line and paste it in. Several times I have composed something online, taken a half hour to do it, then a glitch happens (ot I hit the wrong key myself) and bingo! The whole thing is gone.

top topics

join