It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ‘anti-Canadianism’ the new ‘anti-Americanism?’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I completely agree, Canada shouldn't worry, there is no such thing as a bad customer. So what if they are China, in the end Canada will still profit from their resources one way or the other.

I also think that Canadians are a little "reserved", not in a bad way IMO. They just tend to analyze people more before opening up to them. I do the same and am not Canadian.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by AzureSky

I'm from Metro Halifax and I can't disagree more. You know what you're going to get from a Scotian. S/he tells you. We are extremely open. Best people in the country. That said much of NS is populated by Newfies. Excellent people as well. No BS.

As to driving in Quebec? *shivers* That's insane.

This is just a case of bad timing. 10-1 that this pipeline will be built..... after the next US election.

Good to know my friend!
I live over in dartmouth, and as for me. There are some i could care less for, but generally people are nice. I am not a city boy either, so i don't really mesh well with people here. Of course, i live in dartmouth. It's not the friendliest of places. I prefer over in halifax =P, most people don't swear at you if you don't give them a smoke. Whatever you do, do not whip those out at the bridge terminal.

Good to know im not alone here on ATS in Nova Scotia. =P,

As for quebec drivers.. *shiver* you are right. Terrifying.

But no seriously, canada is just as corrupt as the next guy. Maybe not -as bad- as the US. But getting there my friends. Getting there.
I keep all these links on a little notepad on my desktop just for such occasion, i recommend watching both videos at the top of the list:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com... Part 1 of 4
www.operationmaple.com...
www.conferenceboard.ca...
thetyee.ca...
www.policyalternatives.ca...
www.yorku.ca...
www.theglobeandmail.com...
www.rudemacedon.ca...

There is much more information out there if you are willing to dig deeper, these are just the links i saved that i seemed got to the point the best. Just fyi: Most of the MPs in the videos, have -no idea- how the banking system works. Or are trying to hide something. Seeing as how some of them are caught off guard.
edit on 25/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Canadians? Reserved? Really?

I must know several dozen Canadians, from British Columbia to Nova Scotia, and the first word I would use to describe them wouldn't be Reserved... Or even the second...third...fourth... You get my point, I hope

I had the pleasure of driving through western Canada, down the Alcan Highway many years ago...(twenty years ago? really? god, I'm old...), and other than an unpleasant encounter with a dumb(bleep) just the canadian side of the border with Alaska, and who knows, he might have been a fellow Yank..., I enjoyed the hell out of it, the people the scenery...everything about it.

The thing the struck me the most? The absolute tell it like it is attitude I ran into. The only group of folks I've ever run into with more of that are Aussies, and Americans in the Southwest, outside of the bigger urban areas. I'm gonna go back someday...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

People from Africa, India, the Middle East and even Europe seem to.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

You're not wrong my friend. We pretty much are that way. I don't seeing it as a bad thing that we call it as we see it. That's what we need in the world. A BS meter. I think Canucks would score low on the BS meter.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by AzureSky

I'm from Metro Halifax and I can't disagree more. You know what you're going to get from a Scotian. S/he tells you. We are extremely open. Best people in the country. That said much of NS is populated by Newfies. Excellent people as well. No BS.

As to driving in Quebec? *shivers* That's insane.

This is just a case of bad timing. 10-1 that this pipeline will be built..... after the next US election.

By the next election in the states it will be too late for the pipeline, China is in for the long run and will buy every drop we can send them.
This will help the American economy since all jobs will be WalMart jobs and the pay will go up by 50 cents an hour.
Meanwhile back in Canada we can ask for gold for payment since China has been hoarding it like mad for the past few years.
Not bashing anyone here but Canada better deal the oil to the first customer who shows they can pay. (China)
Actually I believe that down the road you will see the Chinese financially back some more deep water ports here in Canada.

All of the above is just my opinion.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

reply to post by intrepid

Telling it as we see it is something that The Harper Government has taken personally. If anyone dares to make public statements which go against the pet policies and projects of this particular administration, there is quite likely going to be a backlash of some sort.

Canadians who speak out are negatively tagged unless it bolsters whatever the government is selling. Only 'good news' is appreciated, thank you. Consider this little blurb and you'd see informed Canadians are being systematically silenced.

The less we know, the better, right?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Actually I believe that down the road you will see the Chinese financially back some more deep water ports here in Canada.

Careful what you wish for...

Financial considerations have a habit of turning into political considerations...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

reply to post by intrepid

Telling it as we see it is something that The Harper Government has taken personally. If anyone dares to make public statements which go against the pet policies and projects of this particular administration, there is quite likely going to be a backlash of some sort.

Canadians who speak out are negatively tagged unless it bolsters whatever the government is selling. Only 'good news' is appreciated, thank you. Consider this little blurb and you'd see informed Canadians are being systematically silenced.

The less we know, the better, right?

Thanks for bringing this up, i was having trouble finding a decent article on it.
But yeah, this is true. Our government silences anyone who tries to speak out. Scientists being the #1, there was this woman that was studying a fish kill in BC, and she was -not allowed- to release the reason for the fish kill, which she must have found out.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Canada as a "free country"died a while back....the omnibus crime bill was just the start....
Bills C10, and C 52 , now in parliament will create the same warrantless searches, renditions,loss of hebeas corpus, and just about as draconian society as Amerika after its patriot acts and other legislation.
harper is building the prison industry up to Amerikas standards and making more ridiculous laws that will imprison more of the work force.
I certainly expect the prison work laws to change accordingly like down the states where prisoners work for peanuts doing work that should go to good people on the outside, not criminals.
The whole scam is a slave labour racket.
If the US revolts i hope to join youse in overthrowing both rotten systems of enslavement......we are, after all, brothers of another mother are we not?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Obama didn't shaft Canada.
reply to post by Aeons

I beg to differ:

Obama In 2008: “Over the next five years, we should also lease more of the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska for oil and gas production. And we should also tap more of our substantial natural gas reserves and work with the Canadian government to finally build the Alaska Natural Gas Pipeline, delivering clean natural gas and creating good jobs in the process.”(Senator Barack Obama, Remarks In Lansing, MI, 8/4/08) Read more: www.gop.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Aren't Canadians and Mexicans technically Americans anyway? We do share a continent.

I say be anti everyone. Archie Bunker for president!!

Seriously, how can anyone possibly be anti Canadian. I find it almost absurd.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Canadian here too. LOL We are everywhere.

I used to be proud of being Canadian, being different. Not so much anymore. Since our joining the war, as compared to being peacekeepers. I blame somebody.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
Oh, and as far as self-hating Canadians, we might not be there yet, but i think we might be getting there.

Well I do not think so

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Starred and Flagged. In fact, my personal belief is that Canada is one of the few countries that has sane policies, unlike the United States. Furthermore, I have found the Canadian people to be very friendly, reasonable, and rational. It is a shame that Obama decided to shaft Canada, after the US committed to building the Keystone Pipeline. I don't blame Canada one bit for selling oil to China either. We have a government that is out of control, or as I like to say :"This is an insane asylum and the inmates are in control."

Well this would be us as BORG

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I Love Canadians as well! In fact I'm married to a guy from Edmonton...What I really appreciate
about Canadians, is they love their country, and you will rarely ever hear them speak out against
their homeland.

Go Oilers!! Love Hockey too!

Cheers,
Pax

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join