It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Jealousy or Sign?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I work with a lady that I am attracted to and have flirted with in the past. Things kind of came to a halt awhile back because of being a work place thing and working directly together. Also I might have come across a bit to strong. Anyway I was wondering if this might be a sign that she is jealous or that she really does have an interest in me.

Basically I have been talking to a girl on the phone that I have known for quite awhile at lunches and breaks sometimes. I don't know if things will go anywhere or not with her but we are friends and have been for quite sometime. Anyway a lot of times I will find myself waiting for her to call or text me for lunch so that we can have lunch together or do something together.

Lately my co-worker has been making comments about my friend and I to other co-workers. Such as when I am going to lunch she will say, "Did the Queen call?" or "Oh is your Queen allowing you to go to lunch finally." Also she has made comments to me in the past like you need to just get rid of her and find someone that you can be with all the time instead of just lunches and breaks.

So I guess my question is this. Is this a sign that my co-worker likes me and I should pursue things with her, or is she merely just being mean?

I am geniunely interested in opinions on this as I would like to pursue things with her if that is a possibility, but I am not good at reading signals like that.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yea dude she wants you like a fat kid wants a cheeseburger.

Ask her out , take her to a nice place make your move.

Your in like sin, show her how a KING does it

Shes just trying to brush it off with her cute little comments , because the other girl is getting your attention.

Just go in like a shark and take her like a seal .

lastly . If it was jealousy wouldn't = a sign ? lol not or....

women love to play their cute little games , to bad for them we are SMARTER ! right MEN !
edit on 25-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Mate...She wants it, trust me. Shes foaming at the gash by the sounds of it

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
That is if you are into passive aggressive women - be careful with the crazy

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
As a life-long student of psychology, and as an older person who has been around the block many times, let me offer the following:

Your co-worker is most certainly jealous. Having said that, may I also say that her behavior and comments to others are catty, immature, and indicative of a problematic personality. You could pursue a relationship with her, but you will be sorry if things don't work out. You may find yourself losing your job over it. She obviously pulls in everybody into her little dramas. This is what a high school girl does, not a grown woman.

Think beyond tomorrow for a moment, and think about a relationship with your co-worker. Do you really want to work with somebody that you are dating? This is why inter-office relationships are usually frowned on, or outright against the rules. Not every relationship runs smoothly, and this lady seems like a bit of a pain. What happens if you decide you don't want to date her anymore? What a mess she would create, for the whole office to be witness to, if you break up with her.

Why would she say such mean things about your lunch buddy if she doesn't even know her? This tells me she is immature. Do you want to date a woman who is jealous? People who can't control their jealousy make their partners go through hell. Jealousy is the only emotion that really has no benefit as far as I'm concerned. It is destructive and usually borne out of somebody's innate insecurity.

Save yourself the trouble and don't start a relationship with her. If you do, be prepared for the worst. Only you can decide what is best for you, but take it from this old woman: To date a co-worker, particularly an immature, mean one, is just asking to be unemployed.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Lately my co-worker has been making comments about my friend and I to other co-workers. Such as when I am going to lunch she will say, "Did the Queen call?" or "Oh is your Queen allowing you to go to lunch finally." Also she has made comments to me in the past like you need to just get rid of her and find someone that you can be with all the time instead of just lunches and breaks.

She sounds kind of snarky with those remarks. Passive aggressive too, like Spyder said.
Could be the crazy jealous type.
Why doesn't she already have a boyfriend? Find out more. She could be psychotic, know this before you get involved. Nutz is hard to get away from.......

Also, you work with her, if you hook up and it doesn't work out, how awkward would it be after?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Broseph,

The co-worker is warm for your form.

However, I would advise you to refrain from starting a relationship with a co-worker. Not a good thing IMO. That doesn't mean that it wouldn't work, but chances are it might be deadly.

I think you should keep your options open as long as possible.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just ask her out, it cannot hurt. Grow some balls =)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

I'm not scared to ask her out but she made it clear that we shouldn't date because we worked together the last time I tried to get her to go out, but then she started this cat and mouse game as was said earlier, and I hate mixed signals it drives me nuts.

She hasn't had a boyfriend since she first started working here. She was dating some guy that cheated on her and she had dumped him. We had a lot of late night talks during that time frame, but then she kind of clammed up and stopped talking so much.

Now she has been acting jealous and well yea I was just wondering because of all that. I am not all that interested in a work place relationship, but she is not going to be here much longer as she just finished her degree and is already looking for a new job.

That being said I agree with the comments about the crazy jealous type thing too. I been there done that with my ex-wife lol, and not very interested in repeating it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
That was a definite sign.

One thing I noticed over the years is that women are not interested in you a lot of the time, until they realize you will be "gone".
She enjoys working with you, and probably thinks you are cute.
When you are single it is to easy, when you are about to be taken away it becomes a much more worth while and exhilarating experience.
IMO: It was a subtle play of cards to show you what she has. yes it was definitely jealousy, yes, if you like her, you should tell her you are interested, but do it outside of work somehow, but be forward with it.
If you are both single, that will ensure a date with her.
I ended up marrying one of my co-workers

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Your games tight my brotha...don't worry she wants you...she's probably been wondering the same thing you had been, she is trying to get your attention.
Go get em player!

---1Love

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
My advice is to never fish from the company pier! It can be a nightmare! If your friendship/relationship doesn't work out in the long run, it's possible that she could make your days at work a living hell. Just sayin'....Good luck with your future!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I have studied for a long time, and I equate girls to a majority of a negative force, because their mind is never on ways to make men feel better, but to everyday men, their minds are focused on trickery. I'm focused on trickery to a girl, but I am not as bad because I let the roots of love take first precedence, they let the roots of hate be their first precedence, we have to understand psychology, it is like magic, if you were given powers you can choose whether to use them for bad or for good.

edit on 1-2-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yea dude she wants you like a fat kid wants a cheeseburger.

I have to agree. However, it is probably just the whole idea that she can't have you, that is frustrating her even more (and attracting her more to you).

As for what to do. Are you into the Queen, or your co-worker? Just because your co-worker is interested, doesn't mean you should jump at it, if you are happy with the other and how that is progressing.

Friends make better lovers anyhow...and, if things go south, then you won't have to deal with fallout at work. (especially in THIS economy).

I say keep it as it is, and move forward with the Queen. And, if it doesn't work out with the Queen, by that time, your co-worker will probably be at the point where she'd throw you on the desk by then.

My advice is to never fish from the company pier!

There's another phrase, that you never poop where you eat. During high school and college jobs, this is actually fine though (the dating thing, not the pooping/eating), but in the adult workplace? Not a good idea.
edit on 6-2-2012 by RigZoomAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Yes, she's into you big time, but stick with the Queen....

If it goes south with someone at work, that's never a good thing. Don't crap where you eat.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yeah she's jealous, but she's being a bitch.
Why would you willingly pursue the bitch when you already have a Queen?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Well I am kind of interested in her and as I said she is leaving my work place for another job elsewhere. However, I do see your point about the bitchiness and honestly I don't need anymore of that in my life either. I have been there done that far to many times.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

"Did the Queen call?" or "Oh is your Queen allowing you to go to lunch finally." Also she has made comments to me in the past like you need to just get rid of her and find someone that you can be with all the time instead of just lunches and breaks.

your answer: You mean someone like you?

new topics

top topics

active topics

join